NYS Coyote Hunters

Holy Smokes!!!
This used to be one of the most active threads in "Calling the East".
You NY guys are falling way behind......what's wrong, a little cold weather got you hiding behind your momma's apren??? LOL

I should be one to talk. Just haven't put in the effort like I should have. Anyway, finished up the late bow season with a big goose egg. Oh, talk about cold..........

Let's hear what's going on in NY!!!!!

Well I've been concentrating on foxes and coons, Just been having too much fun with them. Won't get serious about yotes and bobcats til after new year's.
Yesterday I missed a chance at a pair of red foxes, I setup near a neighbor's estate and someone from the cleanup crew came out to investigate the sounds coming from the foxpro, f***ing luck. Its very rare I get to see them coming from so far away so I was really enjoying it until the dunce came out.

After the holidays I'll start hunting hard for them. I can see it's going to be another tough year for me due to the snow starting to amount in the mountains already. Freebm anytime you want to get a hunt in drop me aline. Good luck to all and have a merry christmas!!

Same here!! Plan on being out there Dec. 26. Went out during bow season but a lot of the properties I hunt they don't want ANY coyote calling during deer season.
Hoping it will be a good season.

Happy Holidays and GOOD LUCK
thumbup1.gif

Glad to see a few of you guys making plans.
I'll be doing the same.
The snow is just about right over this way.
Edge, looking forward to that hunt again this year.
Plan on winning it though!! LOL 46 pounds was the biggest right? Saw some tracks that were huge last week. Bet the make of those is in the 40+ pound range.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all.
Be safe and enjoy what you got and don't worry about what you don't.

I've been out a couple of times, but I'm just a newbie and haven't figured this whole thing out yet. Since we got snow, there are tracks everywhere around me. And all during deer season I was seeing lots of scat.

They're here, I just can't figure out how to see them.

A newbie here but I should be ready to start calling after Christmas. I hope to read enough to be somewhat successful.. Gonna be a fun winter it looks like!

Im in Iraq now but Ill be home early January to do some coyote/fox hunting. Cant wait....Ive been waiting for this time to come for 5 months. Ill post my results.(hopefully I have some to post)

Hey Guy's, Just getting started hunting yote's, I live in Watkinsglen, NY. the population here is ridicules, I am hoping to thin it out a bit this year, so any tips and advice is more than welcome.

I went out this morning got one to come in at the 10 min mark but didn't get a shot at it about 75 yds in the woods on a steady walk slightly away. I had the FX5 upwind about 40yds from ladder stand. I learned another lesson call needs to be little further upwind.

went out yesterday for the first time since before bow . man I've seen a ton of fox tracks . also been hearing alot of reports on people seeing Red fox .hopefully they're starting to recover thought they were going extinct for awhile.

Razor , how much snow do you have ? I'm doing pretty good down this way , was worried for awhile with the crust but that last little dumping took alot of the crunch out of it.

Highpower , Thanks for your service have a safe trip home.

Swamp it depends on the elevation. Down low about 2-3" up high around 10" all with a 1" thick crust that plain out stinks for walking through and is noisy. Everything should be frozen up good for you now right? I was down at flying arrow archery in putnum county and they don't have any snow as of sat. The owner said there is bobcats everywere this year, I think I'll have to take a road trip and hunt for a day there. Been hunting hard the last couple of days but I think there're hunkered down due to the high winds we've had the last 3 days.

This morning would have been perfect. Crap!!!!! Work is always getting in the way.

The weather looks like it's going to turn for the worst with some freezing rain to make a nice quiet crust!!!!!

Maybe by Sunday things will improve.

Hey, Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas again.

Darren...where ya been man?

I'm stuck in VT with the wife and her family for the next couple of days for the holiday..Was out in the woods this morning saw a lot of fresh coyote sign...to bad I was out cutting wood
thumbdown.gif

Have a good holiday and I'll give you a call next week..

Happy Holidays

NY Yote

Hey guys, Merry Christmas.
Made three long stands last night. Nadda...
Was looking for fox. Had the coyotes open up across the road from one of my stands. Dang things. If they decided to cross they would have winded me.
Got all the food cooked!! Turkey's in the over... maybe I can sneak out for a stand while the bird is cookin!!!!

Yote, enjoy VT. Cutting and stacking wood is good for the soul. LOL

Back