Night Goggles “Night Stalker” and "Night Stalker PRO" Tripods! (In STOCK 7-25!)

Got the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.

I have the Caldwell Max Pod which I used for a year when seated. Worked okay, but wide stance not real easy to move the feet on a swinging coyote. I also have a Caldwell Magnum which I got last spring to use when standing. It is heavy and while stable not something you want to move very far.

The Night Stalker fulfills both far better than either of the Caldwell's for me and is so light weight.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonGot the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.
Well, I guess that means I'm waiting on the next batch as I ordered on 12/21 and haven't had any shipping notifications as of yet. Im sure it will be worth the wait but I want to use it NOW!

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13Originally Posted By: G AndersonGot the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.
Well, I guess that means I'm waiting on the next batch as I ordered on 12/21 and haven't had any shipping notifications as of yet. Im sure it will be worth the wait but I want to use it NOW!
Mine was ordered on 12-12 and just after processing the order, Tom called to inform me that I had just missed out on the first batch by about an hour...so i would say you and Jim just missed out on the second batch. You can borrow mine Jim when it comes in.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: yotesniper13Originally Posted By: G AndersonGot the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.
Mine was ordered on 12-12 and just after processing the order, Tom called to inform me that I had just missed out on the first batch by about an hour...so i would say you and Jim just missed out on the second batch. You can borrow mine Jim when it comes in.
tt2.gif

I have yet to receive a Fedex shipping notification. I too ordered on 12-12 and in a PM exchange with Tom last week I was told I would receive one from this shipment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: yotesniper13Originally Posted By: G AndersonGot the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.
tt2.gif

I have yet to receive a Fedex shipping notification. I too ordered on 12-12 and in a PM exchange with Tom last week I was told I would receive one from this shipment.
pmack, I got the email notification on the 9th...can't imagine you not getting yours in this batch. Maybe check your spam folder and see if by chance it went there.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: pmackOriginally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: yotesniper13Originally Posted By: G AndersonGot the fed-ex notification that mine will be here by Saturday, so hopefully the weather will get better and I can try it out...but the extended forecast doesn't look promising.
tt2.gif

pmack, I got the email notification on the 9th...can't imagine you not getting yours in this batch. Maybe check your spam folder and see if by chance it went there.

Got the Fedex notification today
thumbup.gif

The CRETAC Picatinny mount to Swiss ARCA is a sweet addition to the Night Stalker. If I had known more about it, I'd have gone that route to begin with and not purchased the Pig Saddle. For an AR with a forearm that has or can have a picatinny rail on the underside, the CRETAC is a dream mount. I don't know if Night Goggles is actually selling them or if Tom just mentioned the option. I purchased mine for $69 with free shipping from a well know vendor. If I knew that I wouldn't want to use a bolt action at some point, I'd part with the Pig Saddle right now. It is a fine piece of equipment, but the CRETAC just makes the Night Stalker come alive as it is light as a feather.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThe CRETAC Picatinny mount to Swiss ARCA is a sweet addition to the Night Stalker. If I had known more about it, I'd have gone that route to begin with and not purchased the Pig Saddle. For an AR with a forearm that has or can have a picatinny rail on the underside, the CRETAC is a dream mount. I don't know if Night Goggles is actually selling them or if Tom just mentioned the option. I purchased mine for $69 with free shipping from a well know vendor. If I knew that I wouldn't want to use a bolt action at some point, I'd part with the Pig Saddle right now. It is a fine piece of equipment, but the CRETAC just makes the Night Stalker come alive as it is light as a feather.
I actually bought a 5 slot M-Lok picatinny rail to mount to the bottom of my handguard just in case the pig saddle didn't work and was going to get the Cretac mount you are talking about...but the pig saddle will work fine. I am going to use a bolt gun also, so the pig saddle will stay. I may still get the Cretac and give it a try...leave it attached to the AR and then dedicate the pig saddle to the bolt gun.

Originally Posted By: G AndersonOriginally Posted By: DoubleUpThe CRETAC Picatinny mount to Swiss ARCA is a sweet addition to the Night Stalker. If I had known more about it, I'd have gone that route to begin with and not purchased the Pig Saddle. For an AR with a forearm that has or can have a picatinny rail on the underside, the CRETAC is a dream mount. I don't know if Night Goggles is actually selling them or if Tom just mentioned the option. I purchased mine for $69 with free shipping from a well know vendor. If I knew that I wouldn't want to use a bolt action at some point, I'd part with the Pig Saddle right now. It is a fine piece of equipment, but the CRETAC just makes the Night Stalker come alive as it is light as a feather.
I actually bought a 5 slot M-Lok picatinny rail to mount to the bottom of my handguard just in case the pig saddle didn't work and was going to get the Cretac mount you are talking about...but the pig saddle will work fine. I am going to use a bolt gun also, so the pig saddle will stay. I may still get the Cretac and give it a try...leave it attached to the AR and then dedicate the pig saddle to the bolt gun.

I have a Sig Virtus enroute and it doesn't have a Picatinny rail on the bottom, it has M-Lok.

What M-Lok mount did you buy to pair with the Night Stalker Tripod and does it work well?

Originally Posted By: JakelRRS makes both keymod and Mlok to Arca Swiss adapters. They're the best.

So just buy one of those and it will work fine with the Nightstalker Tripods and nothing else is needed?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JakelRRS makes both keymod and Mlok to Arca Swiss adapters. They're the best.

Picatinny rails are strong. The Sig’s M-Lok doesn’t look as strong or durable as Picatinny.

Is it a good idea to mount a rifle with M-Lok like the Sig Virtus to the tripod with this? Can the M-Lol rail take it?

Go to page 8 on this thread and Tom with NGI shows a pic of the cretac. From what I know, you have to have a picatinny rail mounted to bottom of your handguard, then the Cretac clamps to your picatinny and then you just slide it into the Arca and lock it down. I think Tom's website shows the Cretac in better detail...it has I think 3 "crossbars" that coincide with picatinny slots...it definitely would be solid.

Actually, go to page 5 of this thread and Tom has detailed pics of the Cretac...you should be able to see how it will then attach to a picatinny rail on your handguard and then slide into the dovetail of the Arca system on the ball head.

Originally Posted By: wardogoOriginally Posted By: JakelRRS makes both keymod and Mlok to Arca Swiss adapters. They're the best.

Picatinny rails are strong. The Sig’s M-Lok doesn’t look as strong or durable as Picatinny.

Is it a good idea to mount a rifle with M-Lok like the Sig Virtus to the tripod with this? Can the M-Lol rail take it?

mlok and keymod are plenty strong. Google the info from naval surface warfare center report. Picatinny rails are attached with threads (on a bolt) with no backing. mlok and keymod have backing nuts.

Back