New Pulsar Helion, Trail, Core, Thermals videos & pics! NEW VIDEO 9/11!

My pleasure. Wish you were closer. I'd meet up with you with the Trail so you can decide for yourself. Let me know if we can assist you further. We're taking pre-orders now for all the new Pulsar gear.

Unboxing the Pulsar Trail Thermal Weapon Sight.
tt1.gif

These are up on our website an available for pre-order now!

Night Goggles Inc. Thermal Scopes

Originally Posted By: cmlHey thanks for posting this Tom!

Did I hear you say 8 different color palettes around the 6:07-6:10 mark!?
smile.gif

Yes you did but unfortunately, I miss spoke. The Helion has 8 different color palettes. The Trail is white hot/black hot only. It does have 10 different reticles. My apologies!

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: cmlHey thanks for posting this Tom!

Did I hear you say 8 different color palettes around the 6:07-6:10 mark!?
smile.gif

Yes you did but unfortunately, I miss spoke. The Helion has 8 different color palettes. The Trail is white hot/black hot only. It does have 10 different reticles with an array of color combos. My apologies!

Thats what I was thinking. No worries! Got my ears to stand up! Thanks again (and again lol) for putting that video together.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasGreat video of the new Helion!! Sure would like a side by side comparison video of the new Helion monocular and the Quantum XD38A monocular.

I would say the big thing you don't want to loose in a hand held is fov. The xp's really excel in that dept. My xd19a woeks great for me and I am torn on which Trail to buy. I am in Illinois though where you can't even see 400 yards. They can get in on a guy quick and if the fov is low it makes it worse. Sounds like you need to see farther though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: Brad BaranouskasGreat video of the new Helion!! Sure would like a side by side comparison video of the new Helion monocular and the Quantum XD38A monocular.

I would say the big thing you don't want to loose in a hand held is fov. The xp's really excel in that dept. My xd19a woeks great for me and I am torn on which Trail to buy. I am in Illinois though where you can't even see 400 yards. They can get in on a guy quick and if the fov is low it makes it worse. Sounds like you need to see farther though.

If FOV was my biggest concern, the Helion XP28 has the most FOV in that line with a 640 core and the Trail XP38 scope would be the ticket in that line. It seems like a great balance between FOV and magnification.

Pulsar Helion XP28 Thermal Monocular

Pulsar Trail XP38 Thermal Scope

Tom, how good does the clip on perform vs a dedicated scope? I guess what I'm asking is, is the image as good or is there a loss due to the daytime scope glass? What about magnification of the daytime scope, is there a sweet spot that works best or can a scope be zoomed up some, maybe to around 6x or 7x? And last, what about POI shift when adding the clip on? Any issues with that?

I like the idea of the clip-on. Just wondering if there are any particular issues to consider with it.

Originally Posted By: case-nhSo, release date on these preorders still April more like May or have they gotten a little more specific on the dates?

We will be getting a few units in two weeks. It will be very limited however. We don't even know what units we're getting yet.

What I can tell you is the sooner you pre-order, the sooner we will be able to fill the order. Some units will probably be hard to buy without a preorder. Maybe several months if you don't pre-order. We really don't know yet. Our goal is to get enough for everyone that wants one. Reality is, only those who preorder will be guaranteed units right away.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Tom, how good does the clip on perform vs a dedicated scope? I guess what I'm asking is, is the image as good or is there a loss due to the daytime scope glass? What about magnification of the daytime scope, is there a sweet spot that works best or can a scope be zoomed up some, maybe to around 6x or 7x? And last, what about POI shift when adding the clip on? Any issues with that?

I like the idea of the clip-on. Just wondering if there are issues to consider with it.

All great questions. The image isn't quite as good as a stand alone scope of equal resolution. The reason for that is a combination of your day scope glass coupled with magnification of your day scope on a flat AMOLED screen. Keep in mind, you're not actually looking through the thermal unit. You're looking at a screen. So the magnification of your day scope pixelates the image more. Not a lot, but a little. The sweet spot for magnification is between 2X-4X on your day scope. In regard to POI, there should be little to none. My testing showed none. Gun printed the same place with or without thermal. Pulsar does advertise a return to zero fitment with the Core.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: case-nhSo, release date on these preorders still April more like May or have they gotten a little more specific on the dates?

We will be getting a few units in two weeks. It will be very limited however. We don't even know what units we're getting yet.

What I can tell you is the sooner you pre-order, the sooner we will be able to fill the order. Some units will probably be hard to buy without a preorder. Maybe several months if you don't pre-order. We really don't know yet. Our goal is to get enough for everyone that wants one. Reality is, only those who preorder will be guaranteed units right away.

Now thats a salesman right there.

Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: case-nhSo, release date on these preorders still April more like May or have they gotten a little more specific on the dates?

Now thats a salesman right there.

Sorry Capitol, I really wasn't trying to sound like a Salesman. Lol! This is just what our rep at Pulsar is telling us. Right now, there are far more orders than units to fill those orders. He did however guarantee us that he will do everything is his power to fill pre-orders first. This will more than likely be the case for several months.

Quote:

Sorry Capitol, I really wasn't trying to sound like a Salesman. Lol! This is just what our rep at Pulsar is telling us. Right now, there are far more orders than units to fill those orders. He did however guarantee us that he will do everything is his power to fill pre-orders first. This will more than likely be the case for several months.

Hey, I completely understand. We all gotta make a living. Made me wanna pre-order, so your doing something right
thumbup1.gif

Back