New Pulsar Helion, Trail, Core, Thermals videos & pics! NEW VIDEO 9/11!

I'd love to see side by side comparison of the XP and XQ50 Trail models. On some animals at hunting distances, 100-200.:)

Last edited:
Tom, I sent you a message on FB and haven't heard back. Looking hard at grabbing two xp50 trails. Hoping to get your opinion

Originally Posted By: reaper4Tom, I sent you a message on FB and haven't heard back. Looking hard at grabbing two xp50 trails. Hoping to get your opinion

I sent you a PM here!
thumbup1.gif

Tom- Two things- 1.) To stay on topic, have you tested out the pairing feature on these yet? It's not a deal breaker for me BUT it is a really good selling feature for me. I think having the capability to look at what a guest or client is looking at is huge.

2.) Off topic- I sent TNVC an email about Torch pros. Check your email, please!

Originally Posted By: TatonkaIITom- Two things- 1.) To stay on topic, have you tested out the pairing feature on these yet? It's not a deal breaker for me BUT it is a really good selling feature for me. I think having the capability to look at what a guest or client is looking at is huge.

2.) Off topic- I sent TNVC an email about Torch pros. Check your email, please!

I have. The Stream Vision app is a cool feature and I can also see myself using this feature often. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't. I've been in contact with Pulsar about this and they're aware of the issues. They stated they're working on it along with updates to fix the issue. I'm confident they'll get it figured out before these are on the shelves.

Thanks for the email, someone from TNVC will contact you shortly.

New Video! Skunk Eradication with the Pulsar Trail XP38 Thermal Weapon Sight using the Built-in Video Recorder.
w00t.gif

My apologies for the shaky footage. This happened so fast, I had no time to get a solid rest with the gun, so I had to shoot off-hand.

If you watch closely, you can see the skunk spray, after the shot, towards the end.

Pulsar Trail XP38 Thermal Weapon Sight.

For best results, watch full screen in HD!

Night Goggles Sales price is $4499.97. We expect these to be available May 2017 or sooner.

IMG_0684_zpsnrdk9qv0.jpg

Specifications:
Objective Lens; F38/1.2
Microbolometer, resolution, um; 640x480 @ 17um
Frame rate, HZ; 50
Magnification, X; 1.2 - 9.6
Field of view; 16.3x12.3
Range detection, yds; 1475
Dimensions, in; 11.2x2.8x2.6
Weight, oz; 21.1
Battery life, hrs; 8+
Water proof; Fully IPX7
Wireless capability; Yes
Color modes; 8
Operating temp, *F; -13* to 122*
Built- in Video; Yes
Updatable software; Yes
Stadiametric rangefinder; Yes

I really like this Thermal Weapon Sight. My favorite features are the High Resolution, PIP (picture in picture) mode, the B-pack's outstanding battery life, and especially the Built-in Video Recorder. I also think it's a great value. You get a lot of features at a reasonable cost. Stay tuned for more Pulsar reviews and/or videos!

He he. Problem with skunks is they rarely ever stand still. Seems they are always on the move. I have two at the farm right now that I am aware of that needs eradicating.

I like the scope.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
He he. Problem with skunks is they rarely ever stand still. Seems they are always on the move. I have two at the farm right now that I am aware of that needs eradicating.

I like the scope.

Tell me about. LOL! If this video had audio, you'd hear me whooping and hollering trying to get this one to stop. Finally stopped him with a V-Max...
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: DarknightSo do the trail scopes not have audio when recording a hunt?

Ive read that the production units will have audio when released for sale. Lets hope!

Originally Posted By: cmlOriginally Posted By: DarknightSo do the trail scopes not have audio when recording a hunt?

Ive read that the production units will have audio when released for sale. Lets hope!

Tom is out on a hunt, but yes Pulsar insures us they will have audio. Early production model we've been testing.

Vic

For you guys that have seen and used the new trail and helion what do u think about using a trail for a handheld?it looks like they r roughly the same size. It would be nice to have the option to use it as a weapon mount or a handheld.

Originally Posted By: WishunterFor you guys that have seen and used the new pulsar trail and helion what do you think of using the trail as a handheld? It looks like they are close in size and it would be nice to have the option of using it as a weapon mount and a handheld.

Yes, it could be done. The Trail is quite a bit larger and heavier.

Helion XP38 8.9x2.2x2.3" weight 15.9 oz VS. Trail XP38 11.2x2.8x2.6" weight 21.1 oz and that's without the mount attached. The mount weighs another few ounces and adds overall length and height. Just FYI.

I personally wouldn't enjoy using the Trail as a scanner because of it's size and weight. That's just my opinion.

Back