new on here weres all the ohio guys

i just found this thread by accident...nice to see so many ohioans..
IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Jimmie now all you need is a red dot on top that thing and you will be ready to rock and rolla Iatolla. LOL! Leupo for the longies and red dot for the shorties or the runners. Been looking for the right AR and thats about the same setup I would choose burris mount with longie on it and a red on top! Sweet rig!

yea..i thought about the red dot but i would need an off-set 30degree mount. i usually keep the camo 11-87 as a lapgun as the short ranger.

I grabbed a predator bomb and plan to try it out on a 1,300 acre farm I just got access to. The owners are constantly seeing yotes. We plan on hitting it tomorrow. Hopefully we will get lucky and get a better feel for the lay of the land for future setups.

New to predator hunting hear, been out a handfull of times and heard a lot of them howling and barking but no shots. hunt mostly down around deer creek and a little up around Mechanicsberg ohio with not much luck. Any one around the columbus area want to get together and maybe do a little hunting?
Still think Im doing something wrong. just cant get them in close to get a shot. Im hunting with the Remington R15 and a Foxpro spitfire.

Hey lizad, look up the nelsonville hunt in calling in the east. CoyoteX is the go to guy for this. You may want to go and listen and learn. That's what I plan on doing.

Buckeyenighthunter; I hunt the cambridge area a lot. Might give you a shout sometime.

I live in Columbus however; like the cambridge area a lot, also have a few cousins that way.

Last edited:
My buddy and I went out last night and first set called in a nice one. Unfortunitly it was his turn to shoot and he missed....lol then on our third set of the night we called in a second one but he did not stick around long enough for a clean shot. Not the most successful night but at least we got to see some and to know we did something right was a good start. Looking to go back and try again next weekend. I did learn a few things on this trip though. Our calling has been a little to loud. We toned it down a little and had one come running in. The second thing I learned is even know it's not your turn to shoot keep your gun on the target. I could have had a good follow up shot and got the prize...lol
Anyway just thought I would share.
Any

I am so new that sounds like a great night to me, if I could make it out and get some sort of response or know that one came in to my call I would be happy with that at this point.

Back