new on here weres all the ohio guys

I'm from Loveland, about 20 miles north of Cincinnati. Been too busy deer hunting this year, so I've only been out once. Called in 3 but my buddy got busted trying to move and they hightailed it outta dodge. I did kill 2 this year while deer hunting.

I'm East of Columbus and North of I70. Chasing the Coyote around New Lex and Somerset with no luck yet. We drove around a new place last weekend and hope to try it in Feb.

auglaize/allen county here, have been out a couple times no luck yet. we have been trying from about 1030pm to about 1am with no luck any ideas from anyone. this weekend we are trying first thing in the morning see how that goes

Went out at dusk tonight and didn't see jack! Seen a crap ton of tracks. Then we seen the nice flashing lights on the coon dogs coming to us.....

Yeah, the same [beeep] dogs were in my barn a while back. That's how I recognized the different colored lights on the 3 hounds....and the feller standing on the ridge with his headlamp didn't help either, lol.

Last edited:
Just found this site couple of days ago! Great Stite!!
I'm from Gallia County in Vinton! We went Saturday to Deer Creek in Pickaway, Fayette County seen six but all on private land and WAY call shy! But anyway nice to see all the Ohio guys and will keep in touch!
And Brushdog sorry about the dogs. I have ruined lots of guys setups out coon hunting and rabbit hunting but remeber thats guys out doing what they love also! As hard as it freakin maybe to take sometimes! I have also had my sets ruined by the same thing and just have to laugh when the dogs come flyin in!

Last edited:
Yeah Stumper4268, those coon dogs were in my barn and they were having fun trying to get to the coon that lives in there. It took everything to get the little female to me to get the # of her tag to call the feller who owned them. When I seen them the other night when I was hunting I did cuss a little bit, but you are right. They are out there doing what they love just like us.

I live close to Berlin Lake in Stark co.
I got two from a deerstand with a bow last fall down in Harrison co and plan on getting out with my calls and rifle this week.
Mating season is upon us and this is my favorite time to call them up...
Good luck wishes to all of my fellow Buckeye hunters, knock 'em down guy's, I know I plan on it!

rletts77, I have used skunk scent for a cover scent in the past. I always thought it helped.... but not with the wife she hated that smell. BTW in your earlier post on your trip to Logan you drove all over my stompin' grounds. I hunt alot on my fathers farm on 180 just east of Laurelville and live just NE of Lancaster not to far from Buckeye ocean .

I am from the Columbus area, still pretty new to the whole predator hunting scene. Would love to get together with anybody within a reasonable drive of the Columbus area(if you dont mind a FNG tagging along) would be willing to drive a hour or so, I was just able to buy a 17Rem and I am still piecing it together but would love to try it out on some yotes. I agree this is a great site.

I hunted Deer Creek for years(mainly groundhogs) and its my belief that the yotes have been around there longer than people think. We would shoot a hog at dusk and dump him down his hole and then return the next morning to hunt that field again and they would always be gone without a trace, I seen a fox down there years ago_Originally Posted By: Stumper4268Just found this site couple of days ago! Great Stite!!
I'm from Gallia County in Vinton! We went Saturday to Deer Creek in Pickaway, Fayette County seen six but all on private land and WAY call shy! But anyway nice to see all the Ohio guys and will keep in touch!
And Brushdog sorry about the dogs. I have ruined lots of guys setups out coon hunting and rabbit hunting but remeber thats guys out doing what they love also! As hard as it freakin maybe to take sometimes! I have also had my sets ruined by the same thing and just have to laugh when the dogs come flyin in!

Originally Posted By: sts3drletts77, I have used skunk scent for a cover scent in the past. I always thought it helped.... but not with the wife she hated that smell. BTW in your earlier post on your trip to Logan you drove all over my stompin' grounds. I hunt alot on my fathers farm on 180 just east of Laurelville and live just NE of Lancaster not to far from Buckeye ocean .

I used to drive down there constantly when I was going to college at hocking. Used to love riding the motorcycle down that way. I've been on 180 a gazillion times.
I just bought some fox pee to try it out. Can't hurt me any since I have only seen one anyway, lol.

Last edited:
Cover scent can't hurt. I used to ride "back in the day" early/mid 90's. GSXR's, CBR's etc. around the Hocking hills.....then we had kids. Good Luck, Sean.

Back