New Frontier Polymer Lower

I ordered to lowers on Friday. I called to see about delivery time and was told up to 2 weeks. I called back today to make sure they received my faxed ffl and was told it would be 30 days now before the lowers shipped.

Maybe a lot happened over the weekend but I feel like I wasn't told a straight story upfront. I would have gone elsewhere or done something else had I known it would take a month. I'd like to know what happened between Friday and now to change things so drastically.

Originally Posted By: filmitI ordered to lowers on Friday. I called to see about delivery time and was told up to 2 weeks. I called back today to make sure they received my faxed ffl and was told it would be 30 days now before the lowers shipped.

Maybe a lot happened over the weekend but I feel like I wasn't told a straight story upfront. I would have gone elsewhere or done something else had I known it would take a month. I'd like to know what happened between Friday and now to change things so drastically.

Where did you order from? EVERY dealer (including the manufacturer) is backlogged right now. The entire industry is going insane, and things are completely dried up across the board, but especially tactical stuff and AR components. Due to this, if an estimated shipment is arriving on X date but is running behind because of components from Supplier A, B, or C are running late, it can change the forecast dramatically. Unfortunately, this happens with manufacturing of any type that's in high demand. Spike's STRIPPED lowers, we can wait up to 3 months to get in stock unfortunately, let alone completes. Spike's complete uppers sometimes take 3 months to see.

what do you mean where did you order from? I ordered two uppers from JoeBob's friday afternoon. Right after I got off the phone saying two weeks at most. I understand things can change with high demand, but are you seriously telling me they changed from 2 weeks to up to 2 months over the weekend?

If so it's just my bad luck. Guess I'll just have to use the stripped lowers I have on hand for now.

Originally Posted By: filmitwhat do you mean where did you order from? I ordered two uppers from JoeBob's friday afternoon. Right after I got off the phone saying two weeks at most. I understand things can change with high demand, but are you seriously telling me they changed from 2 weeks to up to 2 months over the weekend?

If so it's just my bad luck. Guess I'll just have to use the stripped lowers I have on hand for now.

"May take up to 60" days is a longshot. Most likely they will be taking approximately 30 days. Unfortunately, yes, it can add on 2+ weeks on a timeline when you're talking thousands of lowers and one component gets delayed for 1-2 weeks, plus shipping timelines of items arriving in. We received 200 lowers in on Monday and it barely put a dent in our lowers (5 days worth of orders).

Originally Posted By: rugersr556will these lowers be offered with the pinned buttstock? would like to get one but must be new york compliant..

Unfortunately not at this time. They should be available with A2's at some point, but unsure when at this time. We have, upon request for NY/NJ customers, taken the butt stock assembly off and left it in the box so the receiving dealer can pin the stock if needed.

Last edited:
I asked them directly via facebook, this was their response:

"We're backorderd about 7K units right now, but we should have the A2 models and the pinned stock models out sometime in April"

As soon as you get the pistol kits, I will have another reason to place another order with joebobs. I really thought I would never buy anything from you when I first read about you on rimfirecentral, but I have bought more gun parts from you than any place but maybe walmart. MidwayUSA is a close second, but the 10 or so magazines I bought with your magazine sale discount would probably put it over. Quiet 22, wolf extra match, and the LHP subsonic on the list so far. If you carried 7.62x39 uppers in 11.5 or 16", the shopping cart might get much heavier.

What is the CCI short range green poly tip stuff?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DustAs soon as you get the pistol kits, I will have another reason to place another order with joebobs. I really thought I would never buy anything from you when I first read about you on rimfirecentral, but I have bought more gun parts from you than any place but maybe walmart. MidwayUSA is a close second, but the 10 or so magazines I bought with your magazine sale discount would probably put it over. Quiet 22, wolf extra match, and the LHP subsonic on the list so far. If you carried 7.62x39 uppers in 11.5 or 16", the shopping cart might get much heavier.

What is the CCI short range green poly tip stuff?

New this year, we’re proud to bring you a non-lead solution in 22 LR. Short Range Green™
plinking rounds fill a void that has been around for a few years: a non-lead plinking option. This
load features a jacketless bullet made of a copper particle and polymer mix. It gets reliable
accuracy in common rifles out to 50 yards.
Features & Benefits

Non-lead 22 LR plinking option
Made of copper particle/polymer mix
Reliable accuracy at 50 yards

Don't get impatient boys I ordered mine on the 7th of March. Talked to Joe Bob on live chat last night, and as soon as he is getting them in, he is getting them out. If you try to buy any complete upper anywhere on the web, there is a back order issue. Joe Bob said that the next shipment should include my order, so if you ordered around the 7th of March or before you will probably be in the next shipment.

Originally Posted By: perch161If you try to buy any complete upper anywhere on the web, there is a back order issue.

No problem at RedX. I ordered an upper and got it in 4 days.

I ordered a complete upper on the 23rd of March and it was delivered on the 31st. There are places that have them in stock, you just need to search. I was going to try putting it on one of these New Frontier lowers, but I don't like to wait. Now it's going on one of my Doublestar lowers. Luckily I had everything I needed to put it together. Makes the 30-60 day wait a non-issue now.

Originally Posted By: mhammerOK, I have newbie question for you guys. Can I put a 6.8SPC upper on the NF lower?

Yes. The NFA lowers are Mil-spec and mate to uppers nicely. Give them a call, 702.479.1470.

We're getting them out ASAP when we receive them. We have about 1/2 of New Frontiers backlog of lowers (3000+ at this time on backorder) being sent to us, so we have the largest chunk of their supply chains of any dealer.

We've been seeing lowers every 2 weeks or so as parts straggle in to New Frontier to finish building some lowers, but at this time we're still not anywhere near caught up. Orders placed and still waiting in que are probably looking at ~30ish days wait time if ordered before 4/1 based on what we know now.

Orders placed 3/05-3/10 or so (maybe more maybe less)will most likely be shipping out early to mid next week. We have a few hundred headed our way today and tomorrow.

We're seeing 90 day+ backlogs with many components from many manufacturers and complete rifles, uppers, lowers, etc. Glock has a 200k unit backlog right now, Ruger has stopped taking orders for this quarter (at least), etc, etc. Its an industry wide crunch and the demand curve right now is exponential, but of course manufacturing is always a flat line of steady production which isn't keeping up.

These are currently coming in much faster than any Spike's stripped lowers, or many other companies' products, so while they aren't sitting on shelves ready to purchase, they are a $100 lower receiver. There is probably always going to be higher dollar lowers floating around, but the lower end $60 stripped and $100 complete lowers will always be hard to get especially in an election year.

They are going to be increasing, most likely, roughly at the end of April, to $109.95 shipped across the market ($10 increase), just a heads up.

Last edited:
I slipped up on that one in my head I was saying lower, but between there and my fingers it came out upper.

Yeah you may be able to find some but they are the higher end products. The value priced stuff is really drying up fast.

Glad I ordered my NFA lower when I did... just wish I would have gotten a cheap stripped lower a month or so back. Who knows when I'll be able to get one now.

Perch, the upper I just received was a 20" a3 heavy barrel, free floated aluminum forearm, complete w/bolt & carrier for $475 shipped. I wouldn't call that high end pricing.

Back