New Frontier Polymer Lower

Originally Posted By: DustTory, it's called being extra safe. I know what has been said, but that doesn't mean that it won't be changed in 3 months. It is the government you know. I like the word intent, and I think that a pic with the FFL paperwork and lower with no riflestock attached shows more intent to build a pistol than the removal of a buttstock before the arbitrary attachment of an upper. Intent is left to interpretation. A dated pic of said lower with buffer tube doesn’t leave much to interpretation. I'd even pay my FFL to install a pistol buffer tube before signing and paying just to make sure.

Totally understand, although if you ever in a position where someone is challenging the legality of what configuration it was originally in there is probably more of a reason the BATFE is banging down the door. Although big brother does over step his bounds more often than not I don't know anyone that has had them visit because of the validity of a single rifle in a legal configuration....but I am sure it has happened.

These Polymer lowers should be in stock Thursday or Friday at the latest. We have opened up ordering (but have them hidden in our cart until we open up ordering officially) for those who expressed interest before they got here. Give us a few days to get through the inital rush. Most NFA Polymer lower orders should ship out within ~2 business days.

New Frontier Armory LW-15 Polymer Lower-$99.95 SHIPPED COMPLETE lower!

You can now order. If your local dealer of choice is not currently on file, then you can place your order online like normal and put your FFL dealer’s information in the “Ship To”, and then have him fax or email a copy of his FFL license and reference your order ID #. Thanks!

Joseph

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: msdeerI just put 3 on order. First time I have ever dealt with these guys and they are A+++++++++ in my book.

thumbup1.gif

These lowers are now in stock and shipping (for the time being). They're moving very fast though!

Originally Posted By: DLJ6Joseph, what to you reckon the regular price is going to be, if I have to wait on the IRS.
thanks

MSRP is $120ish. We'll be at $99.95 shipped unless OUR price changes, which I don't forsee happening for a long while. We're setup as a distributor with New Frontier.

We have a bunch more NFA lowers incoming still over the next week or so as the first lowers of this initial run are assembled and shipped out our way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: im4flightAre they going to come out with other colors than just the black?

Not sure at this time. Most guys upgrade from the stock hardware anyways, at least in our experience, if they want a different color/upgraded plastics. They will be coming out with pistol lowers with Spike's kits I believe as well.

Can an ambi safety be put into these? Do drop in trigger groups fit? Nevermind, I found the answers on Joe Bob's site. Yes it will accept Mil Spec LPKS

Last edited:
They are a proprietary Polymer FCG. The bits and pieces are designed to work with themselves only, and not other FCG's for liability's sake. However, you can swap the entire FCG out for any other mil spec trigger. Battle trigger, Timney, RRA 2 stage, etc.

Originally Posted By: DustTell me more about the pistol kits...

We'll carry them as soon as they're available. Right now, not sure on a hard date.

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75Will these accept metal mags or must you use polymer mags??

They will accept any AR15 magazine, just like any other lower or rifle.

Originally Posted By: roky0702JoeBob,

Any word on if they will be offering stripped polymer lowers at all or just complete?

At this time, probably not any stripped.

Originally Posted By: djkostWhats the trigger like?

Not the best not the worst. On a brand new lower it tested ~7lb trigger pull based on our electronic pull gauge. They'll break in a bit just like any trigger, though.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: roky0702JoeBob,

Any word on if they will be offering stripped polymer lowers at all or just complete?

At this time, probably not any stripped.

Originally Posted By: djkostWhats the trigger like?

Not the best not the worst. On a brand new lower it tested ~7lb trigger pull based on our electronic pull gauge. They'll break in a bit just like any trigger, though.

Does by "break in" do you mean they will loosen up to the advertised: *Features the accu-group composite fire control system with 4.5lb trigger pull? Why wasn't it 4.5lb initially? Just debating on if I want to change the trigger or not. Also, the receiver extension is that still metal right?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: roky0702
Does by "break in" do you mean they will loosen up to the advertised: *Features the accu-group composite fire control system with 4.5lb trigger pull? Why wasn't it 4.5lb initially? Just debating on if I want to change the trigger or not. Also, the receiver extension is that still metal right?

Most every trigger will have a bit of "break in" as the springs and parts get more fine tuned. It should start out in the ~5lb range, give or take.

It isn't going to be a high class trigger, but will be better than most mil spec triggers. If you want a $200 trigger, than I'd go ahead and drop one in to begin with.

The receiver extension tube is a 6pos aluminum tube just like every other lower, yes.

Back