New Frontier Polymer Lower

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters

Most every trigger will have a bit of "break in" as the springs and parts get more fine tuned. It should start out in the ~5lb range, give or take.

It isn't going to be a high class trigger, but will be better than most mil spec triggers. If you want a $200 trigger, than I'd go ahead and drop one in to begin with.

The receiver extension tube is a 6pos aluminum tube just like every other lower, yes.

I just want a cheap, crisp single stage for quick deer/hog hunting and was going to get a Bill Springfield trigger job on a mil-spec LPK if it was 7lb, but if it should be more like 5lb then I might just save my money and leave the polymer FCG in. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I have 2 of the lowers ordered and hoping they will be here this week, never used a polymer lower before so I not sure what to expect. But the object was to get a couple more ARs for as cheap as possible for playing around at the pit. one thing I am not sure of on these is is the pistol grip and trigger guard interchangeeable or are they molded with the lower??

Originally Posted By: jimmyg75I have 2 of the lowers ordered and hoping they will be here this week, never used a polymer lower before so I not sure what to expect. But the object was to get a couple more ARs for as cheap as possible for playing around at the pit. one thing I am not sure of on these is is the pistol grip and trigger guard interchangeeable or are they molded with the lower??

The trigger guard is integrated into the mold. The grip is a standard A2 grip so you can swap it out for an Ergo, Hogue, etc grip if you wish.

Just an FYI:

ALL of the New Frontier Armory lowers that we are shipping out from 3/1/2012 and later will have redesigned, upgraded takedown pins. The new redesign will keep them from pulling out as easy as with the Plum Crazy lowers and initial run of the New Frontier lowers and will be more rigid. They will also have a redesigned Fire Control Group that won't allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward.

This will be on Serial #'s NLV2000+

Yes, we have lotsa lowers inbound finally. We'll have 6-800 hitting us this week alone so should get most if not all orders that have been placed thus far out within the next 5-7 business days. If the order was placed before 3/1 it will most likely ship by Thurs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DustTory, it's called being extra safe. I know what has been said, but that doesn't mean that it won't be changed in 3 months. It is the government you know. I like the word intent, and I think that a pic with the FFL paperwork and lower with no riflestock attached shows more intent to build a pistol than the removal of a buttstock before the arbitrary attachment of an upper. Intent is left to interpretation. A dated pic of said lower with buffer tube doesn’t leave much to interpretation. I'd even pay my FFL to install a pistol buffer tube before signing and paying just to make sure.

Lower has to be mark "Pistol" by maker. FFL tranfer has to be pistol to dealer then tranfered pistol to you. BATF has jail people for less. BATF ruled on T/C Contender that you can change barrel and stocks from pistol to rifle was okay.

Will the price be the same?
Those of us that bought the first time they were offered are SOL on the upgrades or is NFA going to do anything for us?

Paul

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersJust an FYI:

ALL of the New Frontier Armory lowers that we are shipping out from 3/1/2012 and later will have redesigned, upgraded takedown pins. The new redesign will keep them from pulling out as easy as with the Plum Crazy lowers and initial run of the New Frontier lowers and will be more rigid. They will also have a redesigned Fire Control Group that won't allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward.

This will be on Serial #'s NLV2000+

JoeBob, if I order one with the california compliant button, will it come with the the standard magazine release as well for when I leave the state of Cali?

Originally Posted By: semo97
Will the price be the same?
Those of us that bought the first time they were offered are SOL on the upgrades or is NFA going to do anything for us?

Paul

There is plans of having an upgrade kit available in the nearish future, but no plans of replacing previously purchased. There is nothing wrong with the original parts, but these are upgraded, tweaked products. There are tens of thousands of plum crazy lowers out there with the same exact components, it just took some large contracts and retooling to get things tweaked to be better.

Originally Posted By: HibsJoeBob, if I order one with the california compliant button, will it come with the the standard magazine release as well for when I leave the state of Cali?

We install those in-house so generally throw the original mag release in there unless told to do otherwise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Lucky!! My buddy is still waiting. Hes been burning my lower up till his gets in

We've got another big batch hitting tomorrow too that we'll try to get out ASAP and have more batches inbound all the time. Hopefully we'll get caught up sooner than later to start shipping quick like the rest of our product codes. Of course, that means that we'll have to get ahead of the demand at some point
lol.gif

I took my LW-15 out to the desert today and put a couple hundred plus rounds though it with no hiccups. (other than steel case ammo getting stuck in the chamber a couple times when the gun got too hot from steady fire)

We had a couple first time shooters with us. One of the kids (18 years old) really took to my AR... He was hitting a target at(laser range finder confirmed)236 yards with just a Truglo red dot site.

BTW JoeBob: I really like the trigger feel and hope the feel stays the same with the new trigger group.

I'm going to order a New Frontier AR pistol lower ASAP...

Originally Posted By: PistolPackinPeteBTW JoeBob: I really like the trigger feel and hope the feel stays the same with the new trigger group.

I'm going to order a New Frontier AR pistol lower ASAP...

Yes the trigger feel will be the same, just redesigned a smidgen to keep it from going on safe with the hammer forward.

Hopefully pistol components will come available sooner than later for the LW15P's!

Originally Posted By: roky0702I just got the email that my lower shipped! Now it's time to save up for a 6.8 upper

We have a boatload of em going out today. We pre-warned our Fedex pickup driver to be expecting to fill his truck up
lol.gif

Last edited:
Got my 2 NF Lowers today and mated one of them to my new RedX upper, the fit was perfect! The trigger in these is better than a normal stock AR trigger IMO. The only thing I did was put an ERGO grip on and it fit like it was made for it. So far so good.

[img:center]http://
predatormaster046.jpg
[/img]

Back