Nervous about buying an E- caller after reading reviews

I would look at it like this. Where money is tight a new fox pro for a dealer or fox pro direct you will have a 5 year warranty on the unit. Thats a heck of a warranty on electronics. Unless its a abuse issue you wont have to buy a new caller for quit awhile.

Originally Posted By: AWSI'm pretty happy with the call I have, it has 100 presets and works great, sound quality must be pretty good twice now I've had coyotes jump up in bushes and rip them down.

This sight over the years has almost soured me on FoxPro with FoxPro fanaticism. I've tried FoxPro over the years and for me found them wanting. That's one of the nice things about living in this country we are allowed to voice our opinions.

Or maybe a lot of people on this site have found what they like and are just voicing opinions. Don't be mad that it just happens to be FoxPro that people like more then Minaska.

buy a foxpro and relax. Even if there is something that goes wrong, they fix it, and fast..
I couldn't be happier over the past few years with mine.

I have owned and used many different callers. Most work well! You usually get what you pay for as far as quality. If I was you and not wanting to spend a lot of money on a call I would get a used call from a major brand name. The reason I have owned a lot of calls is the features keep getting better , the sound quality and white noise is better, the play list is bigger and I like to have a new toy. Go to the Classified adds here or on another calling forum and see whats available in your price range. If your handy a e-caller can be made for very little money but won't have some of the features that the big name callers have. You could do a search for ho made callers or there is probably something on Youtube .

I have only been calling for a few years but have went through a few e-callers. I've had 4 foxpros, 2 alpha doggs, 3 flextones, and 1 johnny stewart. The alpha dogg is my favorite to date, but I did just order a new foxpro but it has came in yet, so that could change. I have only had issues with one of the flextones. Programing the alpha dogg is easy but sometimes not so easy to get the names to show up on the remote. The reason I like the alpha dogg the most is because you can program your own sets. You can start with rodent distress and program it to play that for as long as you want, then have it be silent for a set time, then start a new sound and so on and so on. How ever I did not perfer most of the sounds on the alpha dogg, I had to put my own sounds on it. Foxpros sounds are better than primos IMO. With that said I've called in just as many with the cheapest as I did with the higher dollar ones.

Originally Posted By: Tucker 71 I've called in just as many with the cheapest as I did with the higher dollar ones.

OMG! Is he allowed to say that on here?
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: Tucker 71 I've called in just as many with the cheapest as I did with the higher dollar ones.

OMG! Is he allowed to say that on here?
scared.gif

LMAO...

You have gone through 10 e callers? And 2 of them Alpha dogs? I never had that much money. So I bought a FoxPro from the start. That way I didn't have to buy 9 more.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357You have gone through 10 e callers? And 2 of them Alpha dogs? I never had that much money. So I bought a FoxPro from the start. That way I didn't have to buy 9 more.
You never know till you test the water, you never know whats out there. Yeah I never should have sold the 1st alpha dogg.

The caller I wish I had never sold was my Burnham Bros 8 track E call..... Coyotes just couldn't resist that KLUNCK as it changed tracks right in the middle of dueling cottontails.... There wouldn't be a Coyote left in Ohio if I could have recorded lucky bird, lightning jack, super jack, and jr ala vittles onto a blank 8 track. Yeah they sure don't make'um like that anymore.

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruThe caller I wish I had never sold was my Burnham Bros 8 track E call.....

Like this one?
thumbup.gif
This is a Burnham Brothers T-4 that I have that seen the field once. Once and a while I fire it up in the house and chuckle at the old technology.

BBT4Caller.jpg

Originally Posted By: CT70Originally Posted By: lowtempguruThe caller I wish I had never sold was my Burnham Bros 8 track E call.....

Like this one?
thumbup.gif
This is a Burnham Brothers T-4 that I have that seen the field once. Once and a while I fire it up in the house and chuckle at the old technology.

BBT4Caller.jpg

Wow. That's pretty darn neat.

Mind popping the hood on that little gem and showing the internals?

Flashback Originally Posted By: CT70Originally Posted By: lowtempguruThe caller I wish I had never sold was my Burnham Bros 8 track E call.....

Like this one?
thumbup.gif

BBT4Caller.jpg

[/quote]

Wow. That's pretty darn neat.

Mind popping the hood on that little gem and showing the internals? [/quote]

I am out of town until the 22nd but will post a picture when I return. The T-4 caller is one of my favorites within my collection as it is my only 8 track caller. Couldn't image carrying that big box around out in the field. I will post a few other pictures of some of the other old callers I have (record players of many brands, some that I never even heard of). Never hunted with a record player as I started calling in the late 80's with cassettes, but using a record player would have been a set up nightmare (I thought rolling out speaker cords before remotes was awful). My other favorite caller I have is a new Compucaller I (one of the first digital callers in the market). Don't see many of those around as the sound loop was very short.

I have had the Turbo Dogg for a couple of years and it has worked very well for me. First set this year, called four in, got one. The third set brought one in, in about two minutes, my son got him. I don't really care what name is on the unit, as long as it brings in the "yotes" that is good enough for me.

Last edited:
Wow!! I love this post. I came to PM as a woodchuck hunter, about 6 weeks ago, we lost a chicken to a predator that ate feathers and all. I'm blaming a coyote, so I'm gearing up. I've been researching calls and this is one of the best threads I've read.

I haven't been around here enough to get to "know" anyone, but this discussion has been great. I hope nobody got their panties in a bunch over anything. It seems like everybody has a strong opinion, but it's been pretty articulate and civil.

It reminds me of the endless John Deere/International Harvester debates I've heard my entire life. At the end of the year, the crop was planted and harvested and the ground tilled...... if there was a real clear advantage, that company would have the market cornered.

I haven't decided what I'll get as a call, but I have to say this post opened my eyes a little further.

Thanks

Back