Nervous about buying an E- caller after reading reviews

I had no idea what fanaticism meant. Here's what I found.

fanaticism

wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm

I love learning new words.
lol.gif

Well I haven't called nor killed a gazillion coyotes and have only owned 2 ecalls during my 7 years as a coyote hunter. They were both Foxpro, the first a 416b and the current one a Wildfire II. I think the WF is a great value- it does have some line of sight issues and remote range limitation but I have learned to work with it. I use hand calls also and have probably called in more with them than ecalls. But I find myself using the WF with Foxjack more than my hand calls now. But from my limited experience I would recommend the WF II. Set up, noise discipline, movement discipline, WIND AWARENESS, and rifle ability are more important than the last nuance of call sound whether from a ecall or hand call imo.

Originally Posted By: possumalDC, you are a lulu!

A lulu?

I had to look that up. No definition found.

Al, you making up words for old doggin?
lol.gif

I don't know if I'd be offended or not at being a "lulu". The only lulu I can remember is a cartoon character, a little girl with curly black hair.

Quote John Wayne in the Comancheros, "Monsieur, you are a lulu".

Slang. any remarkable or outstanding person or thing: His black eye is a lulu.

Last edited:
The nice thing about some of the newer callers is the ability to program sequences. Push one button and let it run for the entire stand. No playing with the remote. Of course when you have all those neat options to play with, It can get distracting.

You would know both of the terms fanaticism and Lulu if you were from the South I reckon.
Go to an Ole Miss vs Alabama or ANY Southern tier states college football game to see the true definition of fanaticism and by the end of the game you will see some Lulu’s as well.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: possumalQuote John Wayne in the Comancheros, "Monsieur, you are a lulu".

Slang. any remarkable or outstanding person or thing: His black eye is a lulu.

lol.gif
lol.gif

The alpha dog is a pretty decent caller if you want to get started at a comfortable price, but the features that come with the shockwave make it worth saving for. Bite the bullet once on price and avoid future cost of upgrading.

Pre Set is a good feature. Some callers have more than others. Pre Set is where your favorite sounds are made easier to access----all you do is press the pre set button and that sound that you have chosen will be play.

Some callers have two pre set buttons some have as many as 10. Just depends on the model.
Originally Posted By: Ky ColWhat's this about "pre sets" that I've been reading about on this thread?

Do an Amazon search, read the reviews. Do a Google search and see how many calls come up a time after time and ask yourself why. You will not find anything but bias comments on here.

One fellow said his ecaller has 100 presets. I don't believe that is correct. A true preset is like FoxPro offers, with the ability to set volume at the desired level. The Shockwave, CS-24, and the Krakatoa allows you to set up 50 dedicated presets. Very handy, one click and watch. In addition, under "Foxcast", you can set up 20 total hunt sequences. Again, one click and watch.

Madmacs0101 is trolling to direct hits to his companies E call!!!...ICOTEC... what happened to the soon to be released programmable version of your Ecall?

Back