LED Hunting Lights

Tried out my $20 headlamp the other night with the red dj gel. Tested it on some reflectors first, and it reflected to at least 150 yards. I could not see the beam at that distance, but when it hit the reflectors it light them up pretty good. So anyway I had to get on ebay and order 3 more the next day. I also ordered one of the X2000 lights to try. So the wait is on again. The $20 lights are great.

I ordered the 20 buck light that has been linked on here. I decided to do a search on e-bay and there are about 1700 results for cree headlamp. That $20 light can be had for less if you look. Saw a few for around 12 bucks w/free shipping.

Originally Posted By: wormy That $20 light can be had for less if you look. Saw a few for around 12 bucks w/free shipping.

But do they include the battery and charger?

I remember seeing those. I think they were the older Q3 flux bin, which is 87% of the lumen output of a Q5 flux bin. I believe the Q5 bin XR-E LED is used in the $20 headlamps.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes
But do they include the battery and charger?

Hard to pass up 2 new batteries and charger for $8. At least that's how I look at it.

Chinese mailman must be recovered from new years. Ordered an HS-802 on 2/28 from DealExtreme, got a tracking number today, hopefully 7-10 days it should be here.

Just got a 802 yesterday, very impressed, you may find a brighter loght but this should do everything you want it to do. I would spend the $ on one of these and not feel bad about it at all. A good light for the purpose. Great throw, bright beam. As you try to sort through these lights like we've all been doing and you try to decide which one to buy a good start would be this one. I'm sure I'll buy a couple more but this one is a good one.

Heck... Ive spent so much time and money on cheap e-bay lights from China. WHY??? didnt I just go ahead and get the XLR 250 Kill light.

Originally Posted By: McDonaldJust got a 802 yesterday, very impressed, you may find a brighter loght but this should do everything you want it to do. I would spend the $ on one of these and not feel bad about it at all. A good light for the purpose. Great throw, bright beam. As you try to sort through these lights like we've all been doing and you try to decide which one to buy a good start would be this one. I'm sure I'll buy a couple more but this one is a good one.
What light is the 802???

Originally Posted By: wormyHeck... Ive spent so much time and money on cheap e-bay lights from China. WHY??? didnt I just go ahead and get the XLR 250 Kill light.

Because now you have 15 for the price of one.

Originally Posted By: McDonaldJust got a 802 yesterday, very impressed, you may find a brighter loght but this should do everything you want it to do. I would spend the $ on one of these and not feel bad about it at all. A good light for the purpose. Great throw, bright beam. As you try to sort through these lights like we've all been doing and you try to decide which one to buy a good start would be this one. I'm sure I'll buy a couple more but this one is a good one.

How long did shipping take?

I ordered the light on 02-20-11 and got an e-mail on 02-22 that said it shipped. Received it yesterday, wasn't in a big hurry anyhow but it showed up in plenty of time. The light was the Unique fire HS802 from Deal-Extreme, got two 3600mAh batteries and a double charger with it, came to $46.51, no shipping charge. I'll use the light at work too so It will get used a lot. If this light is rated at 230 lumens I would like to see a 900 lumen light with the same type of reflector..I'll buy another one when i can sort out which one is good in that 900 lm range. so keep writing the reviews guys, it only helps us all.

I received my order from Deal Extreme yesterday. Ordered on 2-19-11 took 18 days and i paid extra 20 bucks for faster shipping, mail man lol all the way to bank. I bought 2 of the WF-600 3W cree Q2. Has [ crow tactical head ] seems larger than what it needs to be. Looks like it will have good throw. I'll buy the HS 802 if i try more. With you guys helping i probably will. lol thanks for post on us dealer.

Originally Posted By: wormyHeck... Ive spent so much time and money on cheap e-bay lights from China. WHY??? didnt I just go ahead and get the XLR 250 Kill light.

not sure but it would be one more ebay chinese light you own...lol....it comes from china the same as the rest...

Back