Knives and blades forum??

It does not ruin the value John, if we are talking a factory etch here.

Print out EXACTLY how the tang stamp reads (letters, dots, Xs, numbers, upper case and lower case lettering matters)and I can probably tell you a little more about it......

Here is a Schrade 152OT. I reshaped the blade and put some spalted sugar maple scales on it. I have under $20 invested in it......
1b8d6be3.jpg

3946b252.jpg

05e00d45.jpg

Bottom
0eccabfc.jpg

Blade
8796db89.jpg

To be honest, I really don't know why I wasted my time with it. It is a Chinese blade(I took off the "China" marking) and the steel is absolutely terrible. I figured it would be a good practice knife. I bought it while out of town hunting and I lost my knife. Local store had nothing worth buying but I didn't have a choice, I needed a knife........

Well its pretty.I like the spacers,that sets it off.My knife says,Tenn.Public Service Comm.50th Anniversary1933-1983 1 of 100.Numbers are 6254 SSP under the #.Main blade says on the blade,Tested xx Razor Edge.At the base of blade Case xx with lightning S,8 dots separated by 2 lightning S,USA under that.Pretty sure it is bone handles.I would say mint,not even any scratches on the bolsters.But,no box.Has really good snap when you close it.Forgot,it also has the state seal on the blade with the writing.

I have another knife I would like to find something about.It is a Case hunter 2 blade.It has a round shield where the case shield would normaly be that says Asten Felts.Main blade says Case XX with USA under it.It is stamped so close to the bolster I can't tell if there are dots or not.Back of main blade says 6265 SAB.It has the hole in the end bolster and the wood scales.Thats all.I have only been able to find that there was a felt company in Canada named Asten Felts.Thats all I have been able to find.I have never seen another one marked like that.Does anyone have any ideas about it?

The 6265 SAB is a very common pattern. If all the letters are caps:

CASE XX
U.S.A.

then it was made between 1965-1969 if there are no dots. If dots, then between 1970 and 1979. Worth around $125-$150 mint.

Now if one of those blades are serrated, it worth $250 mint.

Really what you have is a 6265 SAB DR. The DR means the bolster was drilled. Not sure why, but not all the "DR" models say "DR" on them......

The 6254 SSP is a trapper with stainless steel blade and polished edges. A normal one from the 80s is worth around $60-65 mint. I would have to find out how much the commemorative is worth, but I know that similar commemoratives are only worth around $75, not much more. My guess is that is probably what it is worth.......

Hey Smoke, my granddad had one like your's that he ran through a water box at a fairly slow speed to keep the heat down to save the tempering. He could make a mower blade shave your arm.

I have a couple other wheels that were foot peddled I think. I have never fired this one up, it is on my to do list though. Maybe I will get it drug into the shop for some winter grinding.

Originally Posted By: TnslimIf you're ever on I40 in east Tn stop at this place and spend a few hours. It's at the foot of the smokie Mountains.

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/main_front.jsp

Was down there 2 years ago. Took the wife/kids and did the Gatlinburg/Dollywood/Pigeon Forge thing.

I have a couple of knives that used to belong to Kevin Pipes' personal collection. He is the guy who owns SMKW.....

2 White knives? Who the heck wants 2 white knives?? I will do you a favor and take that old white slim off your hands.......
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThey are worth more if they have Fred Flintstone's name on them.........

I'll get a man right on that.
grin.gif

Picked this up last night...sorta like it as EDC...blade tip is a little thin for my liking..but for normal EDC it should work fine. It's a fast opener.ill give it that.

Kershaw Leek
0e0d5bb3.jpg

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun2 White knives? Who the heck wants 2 white knives?? I will do you a favor and take that old white slim off your hands.......
grin.gif

That was Donovan's old Slim. He just ordered the same knife since I wouldn't budge off it.

Slim is a good pattern. Was my favorite till I recieved that yellow jacket (jagged white micarta handle.)

Back