Knives and blades forum??

2muchgun, heres my five year olds start, he got a bunch of older cheap knives that guys i work with have given him but heres his start on some good ones, he dont get to use the knives but hes doing his best to wear the hachet out

menefee sheepfoot, bret dowell, menefee hachet
IMG_6828.jpg

Very cool. I like the first blade a lot, good utility blade.

Maybe we can work a deal on a trade for a LLoyd. I have a few "extra" collectible pocket knives if you are interested. I like all of them except the burgundy colored micarta knife(which is still nice, just not my style). Let me know.

I finally got around to snapping a few pics of some knives, mostly fixed blades. And with the help of my 12 yr. old, now know the fast/easy way to upload them
blushing.gif
I'll post some up.

I'm liking this knives thread, long overdue......

Originally Posted By: OiltowncallerAnyone clean up and resharpens knive's? There of no value other than setimental to me but would be nice to have done

I can do it for you if you wish......

yea it and the african blackwood right under it are nice knives but not my style to carry, i'm a trapper fan mostly. i bet we can figure something out, let me know what you got, i need 175 for any of them besides the ivory and i got 225 in it

"Extras". If you want more details, just ask:

Winchester Toothpick made by Queen 1992(near mint). LOVE this knife:
8530a8b8.jpg

0da6cc5e.jpg

9539c4f2.jpg

babd9459.jpg

No scratches on bolsters/blades, it is reflections. They are shiny and nice.

Remington/Camillus jumbo trapper 1997. NKCA #2627 of 4500(near mint to mint):
9c59c3f5.jpg

47eeffd7.jpg

cce86544.jpg

Same deal with bolsters/blade. They are near perfect, just reflections.

Camillus #72 Carpenters whittler. Used but nearly full blades. One of my favorites(I have 3):
c7f05e7f.jpg

Old Camillus camper. Used with nearly full blades:
20ce1b67.jpg

Open to trades....

One for Charlie (who I'm pretty sure will appreciate this knife cuz he knows the "good stuff" when he sees it)........

OLD original Russell Green River Works "thistle knife" in remarkably great shape. Never been cleaned. Blade is full. Not a scratch on the handle. Finding a correct sheath for this knife has so far proven impossible. It is the larger version with the 6" blade. I believe some had 4.5" blades also. This knife is over 100 yrs. old. Not sure what it's worth, but I have seen ones in lesser shape sell for several hundred $. I likes it.......

20cd8dae.jpg

2fed0e60.jpg

Originally Posted By: GCI read "European axe"! I sure like my Gransfors Bruks!

Funny I spent some time with one of the greatest knife makers of our generation (IMO) yesterday and he is an absolute Gransfors Bruks junkie. Uses them all the time and says they are easily the best made axes out there. He showed me a couple as well as some old Marbles axes he has.....

http://www.treemanknives.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=27

Here are a few of mine. A Case XX, Case XX Bulldog, and a Keene Kutter.

The two fixed blades are hand made by my Grandfather and father.

knives001.jpg

Nice blades all around. I need to take pics of my others but here's a quick and dirty pic of a cool little Queen #82 I just got. Should be a great little Trout/Bird knife (or in my case Salmon/Ptarmigan knife
smile.gif
)

6b2820e4.jpg

All very nice guys.

Queen knives will usually take a wicked edge.

Would be cool to have some knives your old man and his old man made for sure.

I have pics of a bunch now. I will throw some up from time to time.....

Here is a big old Zenith 5" coke bottle pattern (made around 1900 for Marshall Wells Hardware in Minnesota by New York Knife Co)....

155eae67.jpg

7b63e321.jpg

Some old school coke bottles(I have a lot more but no pics yet).

Western, Colonial, Western States, Cattaraugus "King of the Woods".......

KGrHqRhcE9bcH7B-4BPqWkZfHsQ60_57.jpg

KGrHqRg4E90o3twNBPqWlVbw60_57-2.jpg

The Ingram's are done. Gene has the 4 knives as his home page, so I thought that was pretty cool.

I fortune enough to get in with Brad Arnett's knife order. He let me have two out of the four spots on Gene's list.

I have the the green and white, jagged, micarta handle knives.

S30v
Jagged green micarta handles
Red liners
Black pins

Yellow Jacket
S30v
White jagged micarta handles
Black liners
Paw print pin

I'll post a few pictures when the knives arrive this week.
Image_Main.jpg

The paw print mosaic pins are sweet. Would look good covered in blood
shocked.gif

Brad's knife is a bit larger, like my Jason Winston. The slim is Donovan's? I really need one of the those, I have always wanted a slim.....

Brad wanted somewhat of a kitchen knife and decided to go with that knife. I don't know what pattern it's, but could find out.

Yes, Donovan ordered that slim. Originally, he had that same one, but he ended up selling me his old one. I have that same slim.

I'll post picture of the group of Ingrams when these last two arrive.

Here is a Western Bear Hunter I traded for over the weekend. It is quite large and built like a tank. About 15"-16" all the way opened up. Made somewhere between 1964 and 1976.....

6cd814d0.jpg

4fef2607.jpg

6adc2e79.jpg

cbc7dab1.jpg

Nice knives all.I have got to get me a way to post pictures.I have a few knives that would be worth showing maybe.I bought a large Case Trapper over the weekend.It was a presentation knife as it says it was for the anniversary of the public works of TN. one of 100 on the blade.It is also Tested XX 1982 year.because it says that on the blade does that ruin the value of the knife?It is in mint shape but no box.It also has bone scales.

Back