Kill light XLR 250

I scanned and shot with the red XLR-250, my partner was scanning with a lead battery spotlight. He picked up the eyes first on his sector of the field as the coyote emerged from an orchard on the edge of the field 500-600 yards out. We both put our red lights on it for the shot.

and there you have it. Nice job DD. Did you get the white module with yours? Its only like $25. I'm not gonna commit to any specific distance, but with the white module, I would say add 100 yards over the red.

Hey.. guys have not been on here in a little while. Just catching up on this thread.

I would like to let you guys know some of my findings with this light. If there is a full, or partial moon the light does not seem to travel far, I would say 100 yards or so with humidity.
If it is a clear dark night hardly any moon or light source.. I can ID out to 200 yards. It all comes down to the conditions of the night. It happens with all light even white light. ( Atmospheric conditions matter to all lights)
Some days you will only see out 100 yards for ID.
Some days you Can ID to 200.

I would also like you guys to know to check your batteries. I got 2 batteries with mine on my first order and Loved the output, I was totally happy with it. So I bought another light so I could strap it onto my head, I got 2 more batteries with the light and also ordered 2 more extra batteries. When I charged them up and went out for the night, I noticed that one flashlight was WAY brighter. So I put in a newer battery from the order I just got into the 1st light I bought.. and boom!!! It was even brighter. So Make sure all output from your batteries are the same. Its not impossible to get a dud once in awhile.

So far I am totally happy with this light. I only plan on shooting 100 yards anyways because where I live you have to use a rimfire at night. But you can light up eyes much, farther than 200 yards to call them in.

It works for me anyways.

The good new is.. and this is why I bought it... If you don't like it for any reason you can send it back.. That is what sold me, because If I didn't like It,,, I didn't want to be stuck with a light I did not think was good enough for what I was doing with it. That is a Huge plus coming from any company.. and it shows that they believe in there products there selling with a high confidence level..

Anyways.. just wanted to give you guys an update.. I think I have rambled on long enough.. you prolly sleeping on the table by now..

PROUD SPONSOR OF THE GETTER DONE FOUNDATION.

Thats a good question.. I don't know .. I would have to go buy a meter for that.

I guess what I was trying to say is even though they are new batteries.. they can be bad, or have a half life to them. But just looking at the battery it says 3.7 volts, but since it basically over charges to 3.7 to get the full charge of 3.0. I would say if you have a meter just make sure there all the same 3.0 or 3.7 and your good to go. I have one battery out of 6 that seems to not work as good as the others, so I put black marker on it so I don't forget that its a not so good of a battery.

If you have a meter and a particular battery always comes out lower than 3.0 then you know the battery is on it way out the door. You can still use it.. it just wont be as bright, and you will notice the discharge will be a little faster.

Thats my understanding of it anyways.

#2 fell to the XLR-250. This one was 256-yards laser verified.

November-11-2010-049c.jpg

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG#2 fell to the XLR-250. This one was 256-yards laser verified.

November-11-2010-049c.jpg

Are you still using the spotlight with lead acid battery along with your XLR250?

I have a bait pile 85 yards from my house with a wireless alarm set up on it so I can tell when something is feeding on the bait. The other night the alarm went off about 9:pm. There was about 1/4 moon and I couldn't identify the animals. I think it was a pair of coyotes but I couldn't tell for sure so I didn't shoot. This was on mowed CRP grass that is still partly green.

I was out calling one night on a wheat field where the wheat was not up yet, so it was just bare dirt and I think I could have identified one farther than 100 there.

Originally Posted By: Jackindistress
I have a bait pile 85 yards from my house with a wireless alarm set up on it so I can tell when something is feeding on the bait.

So there you have it. Coyotes can be killed while you're on the internet!

Originally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: Jackindistress
I have a bait pile 85 yards from my house with a wireless alarm set up on it so I can tell when something is feeding on the bait.

Oh Hail Yeah! Well, the dogs like to watch for them so I keep one bait close to the house so they get to watch coyotes explode during the day. Of course I have others where I have to set out in the cold and freeze my arse off.

Originally Posted By: JackindistressOriginally Posted By: smilinIBOriginally Posted By: Jackindistress

Oh Hail Yeah! Well, the dogs like to watch for them so I keep one bait close to the house so they get to watch coyotes explode during the day. Of course I have others where I have to set out in the cold and freeze my arse off.

I kinda like the idea of the bait pile close to the house, When I lived on the lake I had tipups out in the bay in front of the house best fish house I ever had.

I just got my light in about 10 minutes ago. I've got the batteries charging and I will be trying it out tonight.

I may even snap some photos if my camera will cooperate.

ETA: Ok, been home long enough to play with it for just a few minutes. I'm going to take it out tonight and I will try to take some outdoor photos later.

Everything is great except for a little confusion. They accidentally sent me 30mm scope rings instead of the 30mm scope adapter, so until I get that in I am stuck running it on the barrel. I don't like that, but it's temporary.

Here's what all came in the kit, how the light compares to a Surefire C2 with fresh batteries, and how it is sitting on my Savage 22-250 for right now.

001-52.jpg

002-44.jpg

003-33.jpg

More pics will come after I switch out to the red LED's and have some more free time. First impressions are good. This is a solid light that feels quality. It's bright too!

Last edited:
That is exactly how I have mine mounted on my Savage 223. I shot it out to 200 yards in daylight just to see if it changed my point of impact and it didn't. I would like to see some reviews on how the green led works for coyotes.

Originally Posted By: ultramagDoes the green led have a white center?

No. Against my white wall at such a short distance it would appear white but once you take it out in the field it is definitely green.

I ordered mine a couple of days ago from whiteknuckle, hope it gets here soon, the wind finally died down and i have a few new spots to try out.

I have the XLR 250 and going to mount it on my 22Mag(need to use rim fire here at night) and wondering if I should buy another 250 or do I get the 100 for scanning?

Back