Introducing AmmoScum

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, i am not saying that inflation is 3% or 50% I am just saying that it's higher than the reported 3% and I did take Econ in college and we learned at great lengths that the inflation reporting is measured of things that don't accurately reflect the true rate of inflation and is more akin to something that gives cover to politicians, as the only thing the inflation rate is really used for is the increases in COLA for Social Security, so yes they monkey the numbers to reduce the rate of incline they pay for Social Security. The Elderly have paid in, and now they are takers. This means there is no incentive to pay them more, or spend more on medical on them as they are draining the system. This is besides the point.

The point is that inflation is much higher since they don't count the things that everyday people buy on a daily bases, such as Gas, food, and other things.

Quantitative easing is propping up the stock market and keeping interest rates low. You can say otherwise all you want but that is just the simple down and dirty of it. Most of the country has not been getting increases in wages and spending more of what they have to just get by. The plain and simple truth is that your money today is in fact worth less than it was 5 years ago. Printing or in this case creating money electronically out of thin air is making the money worth less. You only have to look at the national debt to see this.
They are spending money we don't have on things that we obviously can't afford to make our kids and Grandkids pay back, because we are spoiled and can't seem to do without.

The buying of more ammunition then the Government could hope to use, and then trying to buy more is creating a problem, you can talk to the manufactures and they say they are cranking it out as fast as they can, by the millions, what's left after the Government takes theirs is being bought up as soon as it hits the shelves, call it what you want, but people are stocking up for what they hope deep down does not happen, but may in fact be likely. Just like the Government is stocking up.

There are a lot of hard working people out there that are sick and tired of the minority telling them they are wrong and they should take what they believe and forget it, cause Liberals just think they are wrong. They are forcing their life styles down on people, and think that they can just do as they choose and the rest won't fight back and go along with it. These people are hard working and work to support their families.. They don't go out and whine and tell people they are wrong for the way they live and they have values.. They, at some point, are going to get to a breaking point, and then the liberals are going to find out why they shouldn't try and destroy the constitution.
It all just seems like a powder keg waiting to go off.

Last edited:
Wow looks like I missed a bunch.

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: The Famous GrouseOriginally Posted By: reb8600It is nice to see that nobody is upset about the high prices. That means I shouldnt have to remove any more comments from the classifieds about peoples prices. There are a few in this post that dont see a problem with the prices that I believe have had comments removed by me.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. More than a few guys on this thread seem to be protesting this idea just a little TOO much. Especially the ones who have been known to comment on the prices others are charging. Looks like this love of unfettered capitalism only applies in some situations.

Almost like they might have a naughty, in-the-closet, secret life as a price-gouging ammo scum and they don't want anybody talking about it least they see their name up in lights on a website. C'mon some of you! Come out of the closet and live in the light! Free yourself by confessing, ammo scum sinners! You're a price-gouging reseller scum who was taking advantage of the good sportsmen, women, and children out there so you could line your own pockets. Confess and be free!

I'm all in favor of both the free market AND free speech. If you want to sit on a lawn chair in front of Walmart at 5 a.m. so you can grab the .22 LR shells before anyone else does and then resell them at an inflated price, go ahead. That's your right and freedom.

But then don't be crying about it when someone wants to exercise their freedom and call you out as a price-gouging ammo scum for doing it. It's their opinion and their right to say it. Sorry if it hurts your feelings, cry baby, but tough sh!t.

If you're afraid of getting named as an ammo scum, you must at some level have a feeling that you're doing something wrong. Otherwise, why would you care about some website?

Kind of reminds me of a situation back on 9/11 when some gas stations doubled the pump price of gas right after the attacks. Then they quickly backed down after the media showed up, but still maintained they weren't doing anything wrong. Well if you weren't, then why did you drop the price back down?

I love the idea and hope the sight goes ahead.

Grouse

Thanks for the positive attitude. I have also been wondering why a select few would be so passionately against and disgruntled about a website of this nature. I'm all for making money just like everyone else however there's always a line that when crossed everyone has to take a step back and think about the situation. Trolls will be trolls, gougers will be gougers, ammo scum will be exposed!

Who are you to decide what that line is?

Originally Posted By: obaroOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyHow is ammoscum any different than Car&Driver or Road&Track or Consumer Reports magazines? They will be giving essentially a review of vendors be it public or private sales. When TopGear gives a bad review of a car or says its dramatically over priced, does the manufacturer call Jeremy Clarkson a "Communist"?

Chupa

Chupa-

I haven't opened any of these magazines since high school, so I really don't know how they are written. Do they refer to the dealers/makers in derogatory terms, or just say that they don't like the handling, interior, or that there are better buys out there? JoshuaN doesn't like the idea of people profiting from selling ammo; I don't like the idea of ammoscum as it has been presented here, and think I have clearly stated why.
I would completely agree with that.

The point is the price is coming down on most ammo. I paid $34 for a 500 round brick of Blazer from Cabelas the other day. After the drive down there and back I would say if I could sell it for $50 (in which I wont) I am making perhaps a $3 dollar profit. Does that scream scum? Are you taking into account what people are paying for it before you put them on your to do list? So is Cabelas going to be on your list as well?

We should go shooting sometime JoshuaN.

Let me try and define my term of scum in context to the site I'm planning.

Last week I bought a 1000rn M-22 for $60 roughly after tax at Sportsmans Warehouse(at I believe around 4pm) the next day I see someone selling the same box for $125 or two for the low low price of $225. Now if you or anyone else doesn't see that this is a scumbag deal then I cannot help you and hope that I never do business with you, EVER! Now this same individual has multiple bottles of powder which he is wanting to trade, 1 brick for one bottle and he is clearly taking those bricks marking them up 100%+. That again is ammoscum at its finest. Hoping this clarifies things for everyone. Btw I appreciate everyone comments good or bad but the bottom line is there is arp elm and these [beeep] monkeys are making it worse! Also I would like to apologize as I misspoke about livelihood as my point was they are taking away something others enjoy for the sake of making a profit and I'm sorry but I cannot think of the correct word.

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterWow looks like I missed a bunch.

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: The Famous GrouseOriginally Posted By: reb8600It is nice to see that nobody is upset about the high prices. That means I shouldnt have to remove any more comments from the classifieds about peoples prices. There are a few in this post that dont see a problem with the prices that I believe have had comments removed by me.

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. More than a few guys on this thread seem to be protesting this idea just a little TOO much. Especially the ones who have been known to comment on the prices others are charging. Looks like this love of unfettered capitalism only applies in some situations.

Almost like they might have a naughty, in-the-closet, secret life as a price-gouging ammo scum and they don't want anybody talking about it least they see their name up in lights on a website. C'mon some of you! Come out of the closet and live in the light! Free yourself by confessing, ammo scum sinners! You're a price-gouging reseller scum who was taking advantage of the good sportsmen, women, and children out there so you could line your own pockets. Confess and be free!

I'm all in favor of both the free market AND free speech. If you want to sit on a lawn chair in front of Walmart at 5 a.m. so you can grab the .22 LR shells before anyone else does and then resell them at an inflated price, go ahead. That's your right and freedom.

But then don't be crying about it when someone wants to exercise their freedom and call you out as a price-gouging ammo scum for doing it. It's their opinion and their right to say it. Sorry if it hurts your feelings, cry baby, but tough sh!t.

If you're afraid of getting named as an ammo scum, you must at some level have a feeling that you're doing something wrong. Otherwise, why would you care about some website?

Kind of reminds me of a situation back on 9/11 when some gas stations doubled the pump price of gas right after the attacks. Then they quickly backed down after the media showed up, but still maintained they weren't doing anything wrong. Well if you weren't, then why did you drop the price back down?

I love the idea and hope the sight goes ahead.

Grouse

Thanks for the positive attitude. I have also been wondering why a select few would be so passionately against and disgruntled about a website of this nature. I'm all for making money just like everyone else however there's always a line that when crossed everyone has to take a step back and think about the situation. Trolls will be trolls, gougers will be gougers, ammo scum will be exposed!

Who are you to decide what that line is?

Originally Posted By: obaroOriginally Posted By: ChupathingyHow is ammoscum any different than Car&Driver or Road&Track or Consumer Reports magazines? They will be giving essentially a review of vendors be it public or private sales. When TopGear gives a bad review of a car or says its dramatically over priced, does the manufacturer call Jeremy Clarkson a "Communist"?

Chupa

Chupa-

I haven't opened any of these magazines since high school, so I really don't know how they are written. Do they refer to the dealers/makers in derogatory terms, or just say that they don't like the handling, interior, or that there are better buys out there? JoshuaN doesn't like the idea of people profiting from selling ammo; I don't like the idea of ammoscum as it has been presented here, and think I have clearly stated why.
I would completely agree with that.

The point is the price is coming down on most ammo. I paid $34 for a 500 round brick of Blazer from Cabelas the other day. After the drive down there and back I would say if I could sell it for $50 (in which I wont) I am making perhaps a $3 dollar profit. Does that scream scum? Are you taking into account what people are paying for it before you put them on your to do list? So is Cabelas going to be on your list as well?

We should go shooting sometime JoshuaN.

Hmm I bought the same bricks 2 in fact for just under $30 each it was a great buy because they are the nice 50rd box bricks not the bulk.

Last edited:
You would be correct I just checked and it was, Order Total: $29.88 so perhaps a $7 dollar profit after all was said and done. But again is that really a price gouge for the in house pick up? I do not think so. I will keep them for my troubles.

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNLet me try and define my term of scum in context to the site I'm planning.

Last week I bought a 1000rn M-22 for $60 roughly after tax at Sportsmans Warehouse(at I believe around 4pm) the next day I see someone selling the same box for $125 or two for the low low price of $225. Now if you or anyone else doesn't see that this is a scumbag deal then I cannot help you and hope that I never do business with you, EVER! Now this same individual has multiple bottles of powder which he is wanting to trade, 1 brick for one bottle and he is clearly taking those bricks marking them up 100%+. That again is ammoscum at its finest. Hoping this clarifies things for everyone. Btw I appreciate everyone comments good or bad but the bottom line is there is arp elm and these [beeep] monkeys are making it worse! Also I would like to apologize as I misspoke about livelihood as my point was they are taking away something others enjoy for the sake of making a profit and I'm sorry but I cannot think of the correct word. I still think you are missing the point that he has the right to do so and if someone is willing to pay for it because they have the funds then..... Why is it your business? I personally think that the majority of people out there buying the ammo know what they are getting into.

WE have our first amendment and by all means pursue it. I think however your site will fail to be as much of an "eye opener" as you think it will.

Either way pursue your ideas and I still think we should go shooting.
cheers-cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000183-large.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UtahShooterOriginally Posted By: JoshuaNLet me try and define my term of scum in context to the site I'm planning.

Last week I bought a 1000rn M-22 for $60 roughly after tax at Sportsmans Warehouse(at I believe around 4pm) the next day I see someone selling the same box for $125 or two for the low low price of $225. Now if you or anyone else doesn't see that this is a scumbag deal then I cannot help you and hope that I never do business with you, EVER! Now this same individual has multiple bottles of powder which he is wanting to trade, 1 brick for one bottle and he is clearly taking those bricks marking them up 100%+. That again is ammoscum at its finest. Hoping this clarifies things for everyone. Btw I appreciate everyone comments good or bad but the bottom line is there is arp elm and these [beeep] monkeys are making it worse! Also I would like to apologize as I misspoke about livelihood as my point was they are taking away something others enjoy for the sake of making a profit and I'm sorry but I cannot think of the correct word. I still think you are missing the point that he has the right to do so and if someone is willing to pay for it because they have the funds then..... Why is it your business? I personally think that the majority of people out there buying the ammo know what they are getting into.

WE have our first amendment and by all means pursue it. I think however your site will fail to be as much of an "eye opener" as you think it will.

I'm interested in the range down there in Bountiful. I really want to get my longer range training in. Now the weather is getting better I'd be up for it.

Irony of Irony..
I was at the Cabela's in Glendale AZ this morning..
They sent out a door buster deal flyer. It said they had M-22 1000rd brick for $45. I go down there this morning, doors are opening at 8am, i get there at 730, there were already over 1000 people in line. by 8am the line looks like they are handing out free concert tickets.. At least 2000 people there in line, by 8:10am Most of the people in line have not entered the building, and yep, they announce they are sold out of all 22 ammo.
8:15 standing in line to get into the store, there are people in the parking lot trying to resell the ammo they just bought to people in line. lol

If you could buy something and turn around and sell it for more than you bought it for, you made a profit, good for you. Don't hate someone for being better at the game then you are. It's a reward for getting their early, and for their time.
I was a little upset with Cabela's.. Don't advertise 22 ammo on sale, unless you have pallets of it.
Makes me wish i had the machinery to make 22 ammo though. Talk about being able to print your own money.

"Makes me wish I had the machinery to make 22 ammo though. Talk about being able to print your own money." Yeah, and you might get to make the ammoscum list to boot.
tt2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZIrony of Irony..
I was at the Cabela's in Glendale AZ this morning..
They sent out a door buster deal flyer. It said they had M-22 1000rd brick for $45. I go down there this morning, doors are opening at 8am, i get there at 730, there were already over 1000 people in line. by 8am the line looks like they are handing out free concert tickets.. At least 2000 people there in line, by 8:10am Most of the people in line have not entered the building, and yep, they announce they are sold out of all 22 ammo.
8:15 standing in line to get into the store, there are people in the parking lot trying to resell the ammo they just bought to people in line. lol

If you could buy something and turn around and sell it for more than you bought it for, you made a profit, good for you. Don't hate someone for being better at the game then you are. It's a reward for getting their early, and for their time.
I was a little upset with Cabela's.. Don't advertise 22 ammo on sale, unless you have pallets of it.
Makes me wish i had the machinery to make 22 ammo though. Talk about being able to print your own money.

I wish I had one of those machines too.i thought about heading out to the Cabela's here too, but figured it would be as bad as you just indicated. The retailers are definitely part of the problem as well.

Last year I scored a FREE pressure washer at a garage sell. Didn't know if it worked but it appeared to bein good shape the people just got tired of sitting outside selling stuff so they gave stuff away just to move it. Now if I were to post my free pressure washer for 100 bucks on craigslist would I be scum for making money from.an item I paid nothing.for since someone woukd consider a 100 dollar working pressure washer a steal??

Another example. People advertise FREE removal of old cars fridges washers.dryers ect. And turn around and.scrap then for money. Do these people fit the sun category also because they dont inform people.that they mak money off the stuff.they haul off??

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNOriginally Posted By: UtahShooterOriginally Posted By: JoshuaNLet me try and define my term of scum in context to the site I'm planning.

I'm interested in the range down there in Bountiful. I really want to get my longer range training in. Now the weather is getting better I'd be up for it.

You should try and make it to the Lions Club. As long as it is on the weekend I would be there.

Well said. Inflation statistics from the gov. are bogus. Just like the jobs numbers and unemployment numbers. If you believe the numbers given for inflation are true you need to wake up. Think about it, have you ever heard the numbers people come out with alarm, and say things are bad? Like the crash in 2007, they are paid to misinform you. If you knew the truth, we would all be ready to revolt. And they know this. This isn't dems or repubs, they are both crooks. Just different sides of the same coin. Corporations run this place. We are just allowed to pay taxes, and think we have a say.

quote=Tbone-AZ]Originally Posted By: The Famous Grouse

Please tell me how my "dollar is worth 50% less than 6 years ago" and please cite a source for this confession that Obama made that he was planning to "ban guns".

Here I was thinking that inflation had averaged less then 3% over the past 6 years.

If this shortage is all down to the closure of the last lead smelter, why didn't the NRA tell us to vote against Bush when he signed the EPA order?

Grouse

Easy..
Look at the number of dollars that were in the market 6 years ago. Then look at the number that exsist today. This will show you that there are twice as many Dollar bills floating around out there. Maybe you have heard of Quantitative easing. This is where the Goverment is printing money, the feds take ownership of the money, and then Buy treasury bonds with that money and give the "electronic money" back to fund the wasteful spending. Bush left office with 8 trillion in national debt, and now it's 17 trillion and will go up another Trillion in the next couple of months. Google Debt ceiling.

As for the wants to ban guns part, watch the end of the last debate with Romney. It's part of the public record and was on any of the major networks look it up and watch. If you didn't hear it, or hear a new anchor point it out, you may want to watch a different network.

Oh and if you think that inflation is 3%, you may need a math class, and to be cut off from the coolaid, There is little difference between the news here and in Russia when you look at what they are doing and refusing to investigate and report.. If gas was $1.87 or even $2, and now is $3.30 that isn't 3%. Gas would be 1.93 instead of the current 76%.
Pick any commodity and look at the price of it then, and now and ask yourself if its 3% more or a lot more than that.
How about ammo since it's on topic. 22lr's were $12-16 for 500, now its 20-24 if you can find it. That would appear to be more than 3%. [/quote]

I think many are confused. There's nothing wrong with someone making a buck. Never will say that. Seems I'm the opposite, buy high, sell cheap. But what most of us mean, I think, is that just because I can afford all the ammo, do I really need to buy it all? Save some scraps for the next guy till more comes along. A guy had 4 bricks of primers at the gunshow at a pretty good price. I could afford all four box's, but I only bought one. One will get me buy till more comes along and maybe the next guy will only buy one and leave a little for another. If we all don't help each other, it will never get better. It should be courtesy not capitolism.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI think many are confused. There's nothing wrong with someone making a buck. Never will say that. Seems I'm the opposite, buy high, sell cheap. But what most of us mean, I think, is that just because I can afford all the ammo, do I really need to buy it all? Save some scraps for the next guy till more comes along. A guy had 4 bricks of primers at the gunshow at a pretty good price. I could afford all four box's, but I only bought one. One will get me buy till more comes along and maybe the next guy will only buy one and leave a little for another. If we all don't help each other, it will never get better. It should be courtesy not capitolism.

That sounds great on the surface; so does riding unicorns and sliding down rainbows into a pot of gold. Your "courtesy" for the next guy only lets him buy the 3 bricks you didn't. Maybe I'm selfish, pessimistic, or a complete jack-hole, but I'd have bought all 4 bricks; not for resale, but because it was a good price and because I could. The "next guy" can find his own deal. I don't know the next guy from Adam. I think my definition of "help" is much different than yours. I would never assume that by leaving a brick of ammo on the shelf at WalMart, I would be "helping" the next guy who came along. Ammo is not a necessity; as pointed out several times, it is a luxury. But even if it was a necessity, I would still take it; because I need it as much as the next guy. If we had a fuel shortage, would you fill up your tank or leave some for the "next guy"?

I know, I probably sound like a real d!ck, but when we have some sort of catastrophe or disaster and everyone's robbing and luting; I'll be the guy who everyone wants to be with because I didn't leave ammo for the next guy.

I too like to pay lower prices for ammo; who doesn't. But I'm probably also guilty of being one of the "idiot consumers" who buys too high at times. Not long ago I bought 20 boxes of 9mm for WAY more than it was worth; probably from ammoScum. But it was "worth" it to ME. So that ammoScum had it priced exactly where he should have; the market dictated it. It gets old listening to people complain, cry, pi$$ and moan about private citizens who "jack up" prices. The consumer sets the market. An item is only worth what people are willing pay for it. Period....

This ammoScum website/FB page, whatever it is will be nothing but a bunch of whiners sitting around commiserating about how they can't shoot as much as they'd like to because someone is "flipping" all the ammo...Wah...What they should do is come up with a website on how they can compete with the ammoScum flippers! Get in on the action! Stop being a victim!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhat goes around comes around!! You'll be the one I shoot first! LOL

And by your logic you will be the one "shot first", no?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhat goes around comes around!! You'll be the one I shoot first! LOL

Is that a rebuttal to something I said? I'm confused.
unsure.gif
Does it mean that because I buy up ammo and don't leave it on the shelf for somebody else then I will get shot by you out of irony? Hmmm. Well, maybe so but I know I'll have plenty of shells because I didn't leave it for someone else to buy instead of me.
thumbup1.gif

It seems silly that I can't buy all the ammo I want without suffering the consequences of "what goes around comes around". That would assume that I somehow have bad Karma and get what I deserve; all because I didn't leave ammo for somebody else? Stupid. If I buy all the F-150s at the local Ford Dealership, will I deserve to get in a fatal car crash because I didn't leave any trucks for the "next guy"? It's laughable.

Originally Posted By: UtahShooterOriginally Posted By: pyscodogWhat goes around comes around!! You'll be the one I shoot first! LOL

And by your logic you will be the one "shot first", no?

The only thing that needs shot around here is this thread....

Or a plastic bag put over its head and suffocated, one or the other....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back