I Know, You Get What You Pay For But.......

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOG......What do you think? I was on my way to Walmart to buy a Remington 700 ADL 30.06 for $417 dollars. I told myself I needed a timber or a brush gun with open sights. I know I was just making an excuse to buy another gun but we all do it.

Anyway, I stopped at Dicks Sporting goods and they had this CVA Optima Elite Stalker 30.06 for only $119 bucks. I bought it and ordered the iron sights for it. With the money I saved, I bought me a new Buck knife, Nikon Binos, and some Midway Radios. I still have some more to spend.

Now I'm not expecting 1/2 inch groups but surely it will be good enought to hunt pigs, elk and deer in the brush or timber.

Any of you guys own one or shot one? How did you like it?

I hope the quality of the rifle is better than the spelling on the box! LMAO! Notice the last pic!
IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

Honestly, I would have rather had a used 30-30win in lever action. Just saying.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: LUCKYDOG......What do you think? I was on my way to Walmart to buy a Remington 700 ADL 30.06 for $417 dollars. I told myself I needed a timber or a brush gun with open sights. I know I was just making an excuse to buy another gun but we all do it.

Anyway, I stopped at Dicks Sporting goods and they had this CVA Optima Elite Stalker 30.06 for only $119 bucks. I bought it and ordered the iron sights for it. With the money I saved, I bought me a new Buck knife, Nikon Binos, and some Midway Radios. I still have some more to spend.

Now I'm not expecting 1/2 inch groups but surely it will be good enought to hunt pigs, elk and deer in the brush or timber.

Any of you guys own one or shot one? How did you like it?

I hope the quality of the rifle is better than the spelling on the box! LMAO! Notice the last pic!
IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

Honestly, I would have rather had a used 30-30win in lever action. Just saying.

Now wait a minute Smoke, I have a .30/30.

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17 Now wait a minute Smoke, I have a .30/30.

Bet you never used it for a boat paddle! Just a guess.

Ohh well, live and learn. Talk to somebody today about .17 Fireball barrel for 149 for a conversion. Still thinkin about that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SmokelessThe only $120.00 I have spent on a hunting rifle was on Bullets and powder. Just saying.

Hey now, I bought a winchester 30-06 at an estate sale for $150 with a bushnell baner 3x9 so
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17Ohh well, live and learn. Talk to somebody today about .17 Fireball barrel for 149 for a conversion. Still thinkin about that.

Barrel for $149, Break action?

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: SmokelessThe only $120.00 I have spent on a hunting rifle was on Bullets and powder. Just saying.

Hey now, I bought a winchester 30-06 at an estate sale for $150 with a bushnell baner 3x9 so
tt2.gif

I'm sure there's a little room for profit on that. The OP is convinced this can be sold for a $55 profit, easily. I'd say buy a dozen, re sell them, then get a real rifle.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: SmokelessThe only $120.00 I have spent on a hunting rifle was on Bullets and powder. Just saying.

tt2.gif

I'm sure there's a little room for profit on that. The OP is convinced this can be sold for a $55 profit, easily. I'd say buy a dozen, re sell them, then get a real rifle.

^your cook'n with gas^

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: SmokelessThe only $120.00 I have spent on a hunting rifle was on Bullets and powder. Just saying.

tt2.gif

I traded it within a week for a 20 ga wingmaster and $100 and its sitting in my safe for when my little guy is old enough
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17Now thats cool. I would like to see pictures of that first shot, that will be something to see.

It'll be a while cuz he's only 2 1/2 lol. He has more guns at 2 than I had at 20 lol, there are a dozen in there ear marked for him (several were his late grandfathers (my FIL) )

Last edited:
Back