I Know, You Get What You Pay For But.......

I don't have any $5K bolt guns but I do have som 2k bolt guns (not sure how you can even have $5K in a custom made bolt gun). Still, I can appreciate a bargin. I also have winchester & marlin 30/30's, strait factory 700's & M12's & for some reason I do want a savage edge (I know I'm going to step into one cheap someday soon). Some are just "neat" guns & sometimes it's easier to carry around a $400 gun in your truck than one you would miss more if somebody broke into it while you were inside.

I still don't think I would buy one of these fifles's!!!

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOG

I didn't settle. I thought it was cool. All of my hunting guns are exaclty what I wanted with the exact scope that I wanted on them. I can afford to buy whatever I want, I just thought this was a cool little gun for next to nothing cost. If it don't shoot pretty decent, it will be down the road and I'll buy the 700. Time will tell.

This thought process to me is regressive. You have made it to a point to be able to get whatever you want and you choose the 1970 VW Bug over the 2012 Super Duty 4x4. Free country, do as you please, but when you ask for opinions, you'll get them.

I do hope that it works as you thought it would. However, having been down that road before I wish you would have asked before you bought. My02.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: LUCKYDOG

I didn't settle. I thought it was cool. All of my hunting guns are exaclty what I wanted with the exact scope that I wanted on them. I can afford to buy whatever I want, I just thought this was a cool little gun for next to nothing cost. If it don't shoot pretty decent, it will be down the road and I'll buy the 700. Time will tell.

This thought process to me is regressive. You have made it to a point to be able to get whatever you want and you choose the 1970 VW Bug over the 2012 Super Duty 4x4. Free country, do as you please, but when you ask for opinions, you'll get them.

I do hope that it works as you thought it would. However, having been down that road before I wish you would have asked before you bought. My02.

Comparin the F250 is still regressive but anyhow, just kiddin about the truck, you are absolutely right you get what you pay for and in about 2-3 weeks you are gonna be upset because you have wasted 120 dollars that you could have used toward a good setup. But the way I look at it is its your money waste it how you want. I don't even think that would make a good boat anchor. JMO.

At least the F250 isn't government owned.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Smokeless
You have made it to a point to be able to get whatever you want and you choose the 1970 VW Bug over the 2012 Super Duty 4x4.

I don't own one Lamborghini but I have a safe full of Cadilacs. I think the bug will be cool if it shoots. If it don't, I'm out $120 bucks. WOW! All of us piss off that much in ammo cost in less than one range session.

I have to get me one of those $5000 dollar guns, I bet it would make me a better hunter!! LMFAO!

Like I said, time will tell. I will give you guys a very honest report of how it shoots sometime after deer season. I don't think I will have time to shoot it until after that.

Originally Posted By: gumboot458I had to reread it the first time, 119$ wow, cool

I've got a mud bottom anchor that I paid 29.00 for thats better looking than that thing and it will funtion better too.

Originally Posted By: mj36639About 20 years ago my buddy needed an inexpensive rifle for elk season so I talked him into getting a NEF Handi rifle in 45-70. Shooting that thing was like getting whacked in the shoulder with a baseball bat.

He was so low on cash at the time that he was using iron sights only. One morning he took a shot at an elk about 50 yards away. The shot went about 4 feet over the elks back. The elk just stood there so my buddy broke the action to chamber another round. When he brought the rifle up to fire again he watched he rear sight fall off the rifle into the knee high grass. By that time the elk took off. Apparently the rear sight had come loose before he fired the first shot and was just hanging on by a thread when it fell off
lol.gif
i had a friend who bought a car and it got a flat tire ...does that mean the car is a piece of junk??

Originally Posted By: bigdummy30Originally Posted By: mj36639About 20 years ago my buddy needed an inexpensive rifle for elk season so I talked him into getting a NEF Handi rifle in 45-70. Shooting that thing was like getting whacked in the shoulder with a baseball bat.

He was so low on cash at the time that he was using iron sights only. One morning he took a shot at an elk about 50 yards away. The shot went about 4 feet over the elks back. The elk just stood there so my buddy broke the action to chamber another round. When he brought the rifle up to fire again he watched he rear sight fall off the rifle into the knee high grass. By that time the elk took off. Apparently the rear sight had come loose before he fired the first shot and was just hanging on by a thread when it fell off
lol.gif
i had a friend who bought a car and it got a flat tire ...does that mean the car is a piece of junk??

Not unless it was an NEF brand, and if it was then yes it was junk
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOG
I have to get me one of those $5000 dollar guns, I bet it would make me a better hunter!! LMFAO!

We were comparing a CVA to a Remington 700, not a $5000.00 custom in the begining. I still believe that the Remington 700 was your best bet, and dinner for two at Ruth's Chris is still a good deal.

I wish you all the luck my friend. My luck with a few different break actions was enough to ward me off of them at any price.

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGOriginally Posted By: Smokeless
You have made it to a point to be able to get whatever you want and you choose the 1970 VW Bug over the 2012 Super Duty 4x4.

I don't own one Lamborghini but I have a safe full of Cadilacs. I think the bug will be cool if it shoots. If it don't, I'm out $120 bucks. WOW! All of us piss off that much in ammo cost in less than one range session.

Like I said, time will tell. I will give you guys a very honest report of how it shoots sometime after deer season. I don't think I will have time to shoot it until after that.

Good Luck hope the rounds at least load in it. Listen not all of us spend 5000 dollars on a rifle, but we take pride in what we have. Mine typically run between 1200-1500 and a couple of projects I'm tinkering with. Now you brought that rifle in here askin opinions and you are getting them.I personally wouldn't have brought that abortion home but thats me. Hope it works for you but if it doesn't, it has a strong resemblance to a boat paddle.

Smokeless and ridgeline, you are not very smart and very sarcastic. I could easilly sell the gun for 175 bucks or more but who cares.

Again I'll say, I hope it shoots okay but no matter what, you guys will get an honest report soon enough.

Originally Posted By: LUCKYDOGSmokeless and ridgeline, you are not very smart and very sarcastic. I could easilly sell the gun for 175 bucks or more but who cares.

Again I'll say, I hope it shoots okay but no matter what, you guys will get an honest report soon enough.

Good enough. I think I am sorta smart having been down this road before. I was not being "sarcastic" with you, but rather having fun with a friend.

Like I said its your money, you spend it how you want. Too much blood and sweat goes into my money to buy some gimmick like that but too each his own. And I would like to know who is going to pay you 175.00 for that abomination. I've got some beachfront in Barstow, California I'll sell them. I know I'm not the smartest one on this site by no means but I'm smart enough not to have wasted $120.

Last edited:
Back