How long have you hunted predators?

I've taken coyote, gray fox and bobcats through the years as opportunity presented itself. However, I've been calling predators seriously for about 4 years. I've gotten so thrilled by hunting coyote that I've basically given up hunting deer. No doubt about it, predator hunting is addictive.

I've been calling for about 4, maybe 5 years now (on and off), and am just starting to get into the groove. It is aserious addiction though, and one that leads to lots of guns/gear purchases!!
smile.gif

I called and shot my first coyote 35 years ago using a Weems Wild Call and a 110 grain handload in my .30-06. But like a lot of others, I've really only gotten serious about it for last six years. Honestly feels like longer than that--I don't know if that's good or bad....
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Utahdogger22 years now, and I still don't claim to be an expert!

The day I become an expert, is the day I die.
grin.gif

I don't think ol' Professor Wile E. will ever stop teaching me new things. But I can live with that!
cool.gif

since i started hunting 17 years ago but not calling long enough maybe 3 actually making stands. all started while bowhunting/calling due to being bored lol

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftSince 1975.

Same here but I was a dog for 5 yrs till I trapped enough rats and coon to earn my first shotgun. Got my first red when 13 and got $45 for it. Man I wish those prices and the reds would come back.
frown.gif
RR

Close to 15 yrs by myself. Never liked the "friends" that wanted to go with me. Its the most enjoyable sport for one person there is. In my book of course!!

Back