How long have you hunted predators?

canislatrans54

Just out of sheer ornery-ness [sp], I thought it would be interesting to hear how long each of us has been hunting predators.
(Deer, turkeys, small game, upland birds & waterfowl don't count)
Only predators!!!
cool.gif

Since I'm posting this, I'll go first...been hunting coyotes for 38 years, in one form or another.

How about you guys & gals???
confused.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Fall 2008. Started chasing jacks with a shotgun and met a coyote. Now my life is screwed. I never thought I'd have this many guns. I usually go to outdoor shops and come out with a new call or at the very least BUCKSHOT. Strange looks from people at stoplights. Gotta practice sometime. Two years of insanity.

Since I was 16. I'm 48 now. Had a pretty long hiatus in my mid 20's to early 30's when I discovered turkey hunting. Started back pretty hard about 12 years ago.

I'm 30, and I started when I was 14 or 15.

Really got into it when I was 16, after I had managed to be at least some what proficient at it and started calling a few coyotes into it.

Now it my primary type of hunting. Everything is just a hold over in the fall until the coyotes really start responding in the winter, though I call as often as I can anyways.

Uh... 0 yrs, 0 weeks, 0 days, etc... but I've watched a lot of shows & read a lot of articles...lol, just starting out & will be getting out there soon!

Well, let's see, it must have started back around 2010. December, if I recollect rightly. Must be about 1/26 year now, or about two weeks. Funny thing is, I shot two before I started hunting them (coyotes, that is). Since I started hunting them, I haven't seen or heard one. Maybe my calling is coyote repellent.
cry.gif
I'm trying to find somebody locally to learn from, but the doggone dogs haven't been a problem in this area (Southeastern Virginia) until recently. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of practiced coyote hunters around here.
frown.gif

Back