Hand call for thin wallets

Rich Cronk

Most of you are familiar with the Cronk "killer call". It is a very good long range open reed call with a reed protector, and come with leather neck strap an instruction cassette. I have been thinking that there may be a lot of people who don't really need the reed protector or instruction tape, and really wouldn't mind attaching a string or makeshift lanyard on their own call. I am thinking of the guys who want the loud volume and sound quality of a killer call, but can't really afford the price tag.

How many of you would be interested in a stripped down killer call? It would still come with extra reed, and drilled for a string type lanyard but would not bear the killer call label. I would offer this new call for 20.00 each, and I would pay the shipping charges.

Wow. That sounds like a great deal. I hate lanyards. It seems as if every time I try to crawl under a barbwire fence I catch something (too darn old to climb over anymore) so I keep my calls in a call bag.

I would be interested. I'm already planning on a Cronk Howler for Christmas, and if she don't buy it for me, I am going to buy it myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, count me in on that deal.

I crawled under four barbed wire fences this morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I crawl because I don't want to tear up the fence with my 200lb mass climbing around on it.

Jim

Originally posted by TheHuntedOne:
[qb]It seems as if every time I try to crawl under a barbwire fence I catch something (too darn old to climb over anymore) so I keep my calls in a call bag.
[/qb]

Well it looks like I have a couple of taker's already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Guys,
I will get started on this project tomorrow. Probably have a couple ready to go by monday.

Rich I don't know how many you plan to make but if possible I would love to have one.Just p.m. your address and like the saying goes the checks in the mail.thanks Rich and take care,daveyboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

count me in also Rich, i have your cow horn howler and love it. i'd like a killer call like you described and if it's the same to you i don't want a lanyard hole drilled out in mine. pm me if you decide to let me in on it and i'll send the money along. Thanks, Brad

centerfire_223,
I never did get the "Killer jr" added to my website, but if you want one then I sure will make it for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich, That is what I meant about a "Mini-Killer" in my post a "junior" is what your call it. I remembered it but got the name wrong.
I think I still have your address, check is on the way,
Thanks
Carl
ps: I have 4 of these wonderful calls now, guess I am an addict!!! a cowhorn, antler,Cronk Weiser, and a Taylor special. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brad, It looks like a "Killer" but is cocobolo!!!
Mr. Weiser turned the body and Rich made it "work" if ya get my drift. Rich offered it for auction one day. I happened to be on line and grabbed it.
I will try to do a pic for ya.
Carl

The pics come up as an X Rich, but thanks for the update. I have no idea how I missed that thread.

You're a lucky SOB Carl! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'd like a peek at that if ya ever get a chance, thanks!

Brad

Brad,

Yeah I test drove that call, and I liked it very much. The pictures don't do it justice, it's as beautiful as it sounds, and vice versa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some incredible calls were made in that "wave of colaborations".
Several callers got together and made about a dozen calls or so, with the Cronk/Granthams also being the "cream of the crop".

It would be fun to do that again.

Here's a tip on the red-x, if you right click on it, then left click "properties" you can cut and paste the URL into the browser window you're using.
This should get you a view of the photo (unless the host is down), and often times when you click "back" it will then reload the photo.

Rich,

Yer always thinking of the little guy, and I always liked that about you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This sounds like an awesome deal, for an awesome call. And you are right, you sure don't need the reed protector when yer callin, and some of us like to pocket 'em anyways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
You are saving some labor and some materials, and passing that savings on to the consumer, I wish the grocery store would do that. LOL

Krusty
wave1.gif

Thanks Krusty, cool tip.

Great looking call. I remember the colaborations. I'd like to see more of that as well. In fact, if anyone wanted one or more of my open reed versions in their closed reed call, I'd be willing to do it.

I'll save the rest of that thought for a future thread as not to disrupt the origional purpose of this one.

Great idea with the lower $ calls Rich. Sounds like you'll be plenty busy for awhile. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brad

Great idea with the lower $ calls Rich. Sounds like you'll be plenty busy for awhile

Brad,
I really NEED to stay busy for awhile. At high noon today I will have been off from all tobacco products for 48 hours. Been off the snuff for three weeks already. Gave my last pack of camels to oldest daughter 45 hours ago. I am about to begin some wall climbing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guys,
I have three of the stripped down Killer calls a talking now. Any idea's on a catchy name for this call? I am putting finishing touch on a "Killer jr" right at the moment. I still have the first "junior" in my pocket, and have lots of fun with it. It even goes to church with me. Ya oughta see the necks stretch in that church parking lot when I let out a screeeecchhhh!!! with that little call.

Back