good to 100 y can't make it to 200y

I don't think any of us know whats going on. The OP hasn't been back in a long time. To much heat I guess or alien abduction.

Last edited:
Just a quick story.
I was hunting with my 6x45 and coyote comes out at 110ish yards. I have my scope sighted in at 100yards .53" 3shot group, dead on. Yote comes out, bang yote runs off. Go home check zero again. dead on. change magnification from max 12x to 7x that the scope was set on while hunting and 6" high. Sent it back to vortex and they sent me another one. I seen the op was using a vortex as well so id make sure my scope power was the same then check it and see what you get. Its also the reason I shoot nothing but gold rings on my rigs any more. I know this is an old thread but I wanted to throw this out there for people with vortex stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI don't think any of us know whats going on. The OP hasn't been back in a long time. To much heat I guess or alien abduction.

Gocha. Maybe he keeps meaNing to come back but every time his mouse gets close to the link, I t mysteriously speeds up and dissapears...

There are so many things here that don't sound right BUT, when sighting in a rifle there are so many variables that it could happen. Did he take into account Coriolis drift, wind drift, wind suppression or lift, gravity anomaly(I'm always 5 lbs lighter at my daughters house), a shift in the space and time compendium, even magnetic anomalies( being in MI he is close to large iron ore deposits(I hunted northern WI and MN and have been in areas that you compass would just spin around) the list just goes on and on.

One thing for sure just don't shoot at anything farther than 100 yards, take another rifle for the long stuff. Hunters do that all the time they carry a shotgun for short range and a rifle for long range.

A four foot square of paper moved back at 10 yard interfolds from 100 yards to 200 yard would surely determine the problem or at least let him know the maximum range of his rifle.

I'd spend days at the range just to figure out what the problem is, work, family that is just fluff compared to figuring out rifle stuff.

Back