good to 100 y can't make it to 200y

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThose are 1 inch squares so 2 clicks would be about right. He should be on paper at 200 easy. Speaking of him...where'd he go??
Alien abduction perhaps?

He was accidentally shooting at somebody else's target... That's why there's no holes in HIS target at 200 yards. Problem solved!

I've been known to shoot at other people's targets on purpose just to F with them, when they're shooting sighters or zeroing.
thumbup.gif
Sometimes it's hilarious (to me) watching the other guy trying to figure it out. (It's only fun with marksmen, the typical range rat won't notice fliers). But I've never done it on "accident".

i'm here been building a bench to take up north to my hunting camp. i'm tired of running to the range all the time. now i'll be able to reload and step out the back door to my shooting bench.with a little tractor work i may be able to get out to 175 yards. i'll be up to camp most of october and all november. i'll work on this thing then. thanks for the responses guys i'll let you know what i find out.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGHe was accidentally shooting at somebody else's target... That's why there's no holes in HIS target at 200 yards. Problem solved!

I've been known to shoot at other people's targets on purpose just to F with them, when they're shooting sighters or zeroing.
thumbup.gif
Sometimes it's hilarious (to me) watching the other guy trying to figure it out. (It's only fun with marksmen, the typical range rat won't notice fliers). But I've never done it on "accident".

range shenanagins with your buddies is always fun
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: reloader326Originally Posted By: Plant.One
i think this is the best suggestion i've seen on the whole thread.

Alien denier
lol.gif

9189283.jpg

can't sit in front of the puter all day got things to do before i go back up to camp. once i get back up there i'll work on whats going on if i find out i'll let you know

I've had aliens take bullets before, only one lot with a handful of bad bullets out of 500, Nosler CC 140s.

As far as me and my Fclass spotter could tell the bullets didn't poof, and we didnt see them hit the huge hill we were shooting into at 600 yards.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: 6724I wonder how the rifle was zeroed. Is this bullet still rising at 100 yards and going well over the top of the 200 yard target?

Target pictures in the first post.

that doesn't mean anything in reference to the question I posed.

Originally Posted By: 6724Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: 6724I wonder how the rifle was zeroed. Is this bullet still rising at 100 yards and going well over the top of the 200 yard target?

Target pictures in the first post.

that doesn't mean anything in reference to the question I posed.

Would you care to explain what you mean then?

The bullet is on an upward trajectory as it leaves the barrel, usually crossing the line of sight at around 25 yards or so, continuing upward for some amount of time before descending and crossing the line of sight a second time. Usually that is where people have the rifle zeroed, at the point where the bullet crosses the line of sight on its way down. Perhaps when he zeroed his rifle, he has the first crossing point at 100 yards?

Originally Posted By: 6724The bullet is on an upward trajectory as it leaves the barrel, usually crossing the line of sight at around 25 yards or so, continuing upward for some amount of time before descending and crossing the line of sight a second time. Usually that is where people have the rifle zeroed, at the point where the bullet crosses the line of sight on its way down. Perhaps when he zeroed his rifle, he has the first crossing point at 100 yards?

How would you do that?
Doesn’t a bullet begin dropping the instant that it leaves the barrel?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: 6724The bullet is on an upward trajectory as it leaves the barrel, usually crossing the line of sight at around 25 yards or so, continuing upward for some amount of time before descending and crossing the line of sight a second time. Usually that is where people have the rifle zeroed, at the point where the bullet crosses the line of sight on its way down. Perhaps when he zeroed his rifle, he has the first crossing point at 100 yards?

How would you do that?
Doesn’t a bullet begin dropping the instant that it leaves the barrel? yes, but what he is getting at is the barrel is pointed upward in relation to the scope so the bullet is going to be on an upward angle.

Just like throwing a rock or a baseball. You lob the baseball towards the catcher but your eyes are still looking straight towards the catcher.

So excuse me, I'm from Oklahoma and we ain't the smartest kids on the block. So your saying with the rifle's POI is still a little low at 100yds, its still climbing enough to miss the target at 200yds?? Sorry man, that dog don't hunt.

I've never seen a barrel zero'd at 100 shoot so high at 200 it couldn't hit paper. It seems obvious that the barrel is the main culprit.

DAA said it
"But if you are getting poofs at 3K. It's your barrel. Not the bullet. Which is not to say you might not find other bullets of sturdier construction that won't poof, yet. But it's your barrel that is the problem. If there really is a problem."

Do you adjust your side focus (parallax)when went to 200 yards? Leave it at 100 and then shoot at 200 yards.. Might be a bit blurry though but might be the answer to your question..Dan

Last edited:
Back