gays VS Gas

Now THAT was nasty, LOL.

Yeah, without even looking at the list, I'm quite sure that it's long and extensive. And most likely I would find most of it to be things I think the govt shouldn't be meddling with.

It's a funny thing about human nature. People just can't stand not meddling. I don't think I've ever in my life seen one person stand up and say "Please make this illegal and stop me from doing it. I want to stop, it's harming me, but while it's legal I just can't"

Nope, what I've seen my whole life is people demanding that things be made illegal to prevent someone else from doing something that the do-gooder thinks that person should not do. Usually for his own good.

Well, I have a real problem with people who want to save me from myself. I'm supposedly a free adult, living in a free country. It seems to me that it's my responsibility to save myself, not others.

While I appreciate their motives (sometimes), I resent the hell out of there actions.

Liberals want to save me from myself in their ways, conservatives want to do the same only in different ways. I just want to live my own life, independant and responsible to myself and family, leave other people alone and have them return the damned favor.

I'm not gay. I don't like the behavior, don't approve of it, don't think it's right. But in the context of our constitution and bill of rights, I simply don't see where I have the right to interfere with them, so long as they aren't doing anything to me.

Many people have no religion. Or think they don't, being an atheist is just as much an act of faith as being the most devout of any religion. It's the religion of non-belief. Since they have no barriers of faith to the practise, how under the purview of the 1st ammendment, can we as a society legislate against it?

IMHO, if the BOR stands, we can't. We need a reason other than religion. So far no one has shown me one.

Our country was not founded on Wiccan principles. You are being generous in even calling it a religion. I suppose you call the Chrurch of Satan a religion do. They probably condone homosexuality too, seeing how it goes against God's teaching and Satan is the exact opposite of God.

However much people wish to deny it, it was founded on CHRISTIAN principles. Unfortunately, those pricicles are being eroded.

You are right that there are those that call themselves Christians, who practice homosexuality. Their are also those who call themselves Christians who practice adultery. The difference is that most times the ones practicing adultery are not trying to convince people that it is not a sin. The same cannot be said for homosexuals.

If necessary, I can quote you enough scripture to prove that it is against God's law and not my opinion of it. Now, if you simply say you do not believe the Bible, then I don't know how to answer you.

The founding fathers believed in the Bible, and their beliefs were an integral part of how this country was set up.

Stu- I think you have it wrong. It was already illegal for homosexuals to marry. They simply decided that they were above the law. Just look at the 26 year old mayor in New York. It's not legal, he's marrying them anyway. If they were going by what was already legal, a constitional ammendment would be necessary.

I believe it is they who are trying to force their way on us, not the other way around.

If I go into a resturant that does not serve pizza, and I want pizza, I don't try and force them to cook me a pizza, I go somewhere else.

Bicycle and motorcycle helmet laws. The one and only person who can be harmed by failing to wear a helmet is the individual cyclist.

"Big Brother loves you more than you love yourself."

You are right that there are those that call themselves Christians, who practice homosexuality. Their are also those who call themselves Christians who practice adultery.

I said NOTHING about Christians going against their faith. I said that some people believe in God, but do not follow the same doctrines that you do. They are not Christians.

"If necessary, I can quote you enough scripture to prove that it is against God's law and not my opinion of it. Now, if you simply say you do not believe the Bible, then I don't know how to answer you."

I'm not the problem. All the people living around this country who do not recognize the Bible as God's law are.

Yes, we were founded on Biblical principals, but we are not legally ruled by God's law as set forth in the Bible.

Citizens of this country practise all manner of religions, perfectly lawfully. You are a Christian. If a Jew came at you with God's law from the Tora, would you recognize it as such? Or would you, as I expect, abide by what your Bible says? You both have God's law. Which one rules?

Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu. Buddist, Pagan, Wiccan, atheist, and on the list goes. We're all here, we're all Americans, we're all governed by the constitution and bill of rights. As such, I am not legally bound by the Bible, the Tora, Book of Mormon, the Koran, or any other holy scripture.

You want law in America, point me to the constitution, not the Bible. The Bible is law to me only if I am a Christian who believes it is. It carries no legal weigh in our judicial system.

I can look up anything I want in my Bible, but that's not going to do me any good in a court of law.

Stu- I think you have it wrong. It was already illegal for homosexuals to marry. They simply decided that they were above the law. Just look at the 26 year old mayor in New York. It's not legal, he's marrying them anyway. If they were going by what was already legal, a constitional ammendment would be necessary.

No, you have read me wrong. I never said I thought it was legal. In fact, I clearly stated my case on this several posts back, you may not have read it. It's already there, I'm not typing it all again.

Bicycle and motorcycle helmet laws.

Perfect example. I don't think there should be mandatory helmet laws for adults. If you're stupid enough to ride without one, you deserve whatever happens to you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Berry The vains your neck sticking out a little??? :eek:

I have to tell you that I've never contemplated such acts, and I don't approve of that type of life style just so you get it straight.

Fact is aids is more prevelent in the hetorosexual community, and being spread by people like you. ( you see I can assume just like you)

I do find it quite noble of you standing up hollering, NOT IN MY FAMILY!!! Maybe this is just a smoke screen your throwing up and its running rampent in your family, who knows! ( you see I can assume just like you)

And yes my family is normal, just as normal as yours and everyone elses. Your family doesn't stand above any others, so you can sit down now.

Ar fambly is normel two. Cep mabe cuzin LeRoy. He usta' spend way two much time out in the chickn coop. Grampa caut him one time messin wif his prize Plymouth Rock hen and kilt him. We'z bak to normel, now.

The only aids being spread in the hetoralsexual community is by "straight" drug addicts sharing neddles. It is a fact that queers are very careful whom they have sex with now days. Those that didn't are dead or dying, which has cut the numbers dramaticaly.( those still living want to live a long and sinful life)
As for gas prices not getting the prime time news it should,it's not supprissing.For the most part those who give us the news believe we should be ridding bikes to work anyways.They like high gas prices,its good for polution control and good for whom ever the Democrates nominate as their canadate to run against Bush.I hope it opens up some of that waste land in Alaska for drilling and the Pacific coast .

I beg to differ on the off shore drilling in Kalifornia.

Until they come up with a plan that works I will oppose it. But once that “good plan” is proven I don’t care if we have to drill through a whales head to get it!

As for our Alaskan friends: as I know it (and I don’t pretend to know it all) the area in question is not even an area that Eskimo’s call home. Come up with a sound plan with environmental safe guards and I say drill there too.

This notice was not sponsored by the Sierra Club, PETA, Earth First, or the Green Party.

Steve

PS: Log it. Burn it. Pave it.

PSS: Earth First! We’ll log the other planets later!

Stu- I was not trying to say that the Bible is law in this country. You are right, the Constitution is the the basis of law in this country. My point was that the Bible is much of the basis for the constitution, as was the Mayflower compact which the constitution was modeled after.

You are also right that many Americans do not subscibe to or adhere to Christianity. That does not, however, change the fact that America was founded on Christian principles.

Most Muslim countries have laws that are founded on Islam. As other countries laws are based on whatever their religion might be. I garantee you the Muslims would not be as "tolerant" of the disregard for their laws. That is why the crime rate in those coutries is almost non-existant.

My other point was: Society is not trying to impose its' will on homosexuals, they are trying to impose their will on it.

The basis, yes. But it took its own life after.

Most muslim countries have laws and proceeding that we don't want to live with. I have no reason to doubt that I would detest the same approach here, if it were done in the same manner, but based on the Bible.

For that matter, which Bible? King James? New or Old Testament? Gideons?

If I'm not mistaken, the Old Testament calls for stoning homosexuals. Shall we implement that law?

For that matter, which Bible? King James? New or Old Testament? Gideons?
Just for information sake, the Gideon Bible is just a King James version of the Bible placed by the Gideon organization. It is not a different version.

It is not my intent to turn this into a religious debate. My personal belief is that you cannot take the Old Testiment without the New and vice versa.

Since this is America, you have just as much right support or simply not oppose the homosexual agenda as I do to oppose it.

The Old Testament also says if you lose a testicle you can't go to heaven. So all you machinists out there be careful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The forum title says it all. It is painful. Its only a matter of time before we have a gay, black, spanish speaking female democrat as president someday. This is eyeball constipation!

The painful truth is that being Gay is NOT normal, and for us to pretend that it IS normal would be a very large lie. I agree that they can not help the way they feel, but then neither can a serial killer. Another painful truth is that the Gays are not fighting to practice un-natural sex behind closed doors. They are fighting for the right to get married, adopt children and teach those children that being Gay is normal. They are also fighting for tax shelters that other married couples with children enjoy.

Homosexuality is flat out wrong,gay marriage is a blatant attempt at destroying our countries values.In the beginning God created Adam and Eve,man and woman,because thats what God intended,when noah loaded the ark it was pairs of male and female.If you dont believe in God,its still wrong or unnatural,you dont see any other living creature that practices homosexuality.That garbage about they where born that way is bull,it's the sinful nature of mankind that is the culprit.And homo's just arent willing to give up there sinful ways.As far as the comments,what they do dose not hurt anybody,I beg to differ.If a husband(to a woman)is having an affair with another man,it has the same devastating effect on that family as adultry with a woman does childern grow up with a greater chance at divorcing in there life down the road and greater chance at having difficulties in there interpersonal relationships,in the bible I dont know the exact verse,but the sins of a father are passed down to his son's and so forth.Also I feel if you allow these queers and lesbians to adopt and the child is heterosexual how does that child learn how to get along in a natural man and woman relationship,whether we know it or not we learn from our parents things that are not deliberatly taught,just like a child growing up in an abusive household,it affects there relationships later in life.Our schools are teaching about the alternate lifestyles but yet a child cant pray in class I thought this was a free country,so I dont buy that were we have to respect there beliefs to becuase they respect my beliefs and choices.Gay marriage is just another attempt at tearing apart the moral fabric of this country,and I will not favor gay marriage so that queers can live there life guilt free because the law says its okay,in Gods eyes it's still a sin,but no matter what the laws says there conscience will still tell them it's wrong they will just bury that guilt and keep on living there moral destroying ways and drive this country into the ground along with the other liberals.Next they will be telling people the sun actually sets in the east.

Back