Gas over $5.00

My mother in law just called and told us the same thing Rubenator. She drives truck, and think they can do something about, I don't see it happening.

So, you are one of those economic experts that just wants Congress to "do something" about energy prices? It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that if Marxists like Abercrombie and Markey have their way prices would skyrocket once they enact their huge tax increases. Corporations don't pay taxes, people do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Thats what the libs don't get is anytime taxes are raised on business its the consumers who pay. Its called 'BUSINESS'.

Try and convince Creasy of that, Bob.

Last edited:
This countries economy runs on crude oil. Anyone that doesn't know that is truely naive or completely stupid. In my opinion, the governments main involvement in the current high energy prices stem from allowing environmental groups and lobbyists too much power and authority over policies and practices.

Our enemies have begun to wage a different type of war on the United States. Break our economy and you break much of our ability to remain a strong force globally. OPEC clearly manipulates supply and doesn't base their decisions on demand. Over the course of the past eight years they have begun to errode the American economy because they know how to do it. Unfortunately, our current President and Congress have seen fit to devalue our dollar by throwing money around like there was no tomorrow on top of it.

Do I think we need alternative energy sources? You bet, but nothing is commercially viable at the present time. We've already seen what the governments ethanol mandates have brought about. There needs to be some real scientists on the cabinet of the president. What we need to do in the meantime is to secure our own oil reserves through drilling where we know there are large supplies (ANWAR, off shore, etc.). I would like to see a strong governmental move to break the backs of our aggressors. Let them drink the oil that would normally flow to the United States. The longer we tarry, the greater the chance China and other growing countries can fill the U.S. gap.

Governmental involvement beyond allowing our own oil production will almost always lead to increases in costs to the consumer. Name me one time the government has taken over something or gotten heavily involved in something that did not become a bloated, money hungry monster that rarely produced results.

Its funny how the dems condemn the oil companies and demand them to lower prices, but not one of them has offered a gas tax DECREASE to help out the people getting screwed the worst.US! They both make record profits from the gas and if the government gave a !@#$ about us they would do this. They are in my opinion just greedy than the oil companies

Quite the contrary, many states are raising fuel taxes. Just heard today that California was so successful at getting its resident to drive less and to conserve that their fuel tax revenue is dropping, so guess what....raise the fuel tax!

repllaw.jpg

Its to bad canada has those gun laws! Cause this country is going down fast, and i dont think there is much we can do at this point. So many Americans are to busy watching american idol to even know whats going on in the REAL world

BTW, you do know that a person can watch shows like AI and still know what's going on, don't you? It isn't a requirement for it to be an either-or.

Quote:
BTW, you do know that a person can watch shows like AI and still know what's going on, don't you? It isn't a requirement for it to be an either-or.

+1

I watch american idol once in a while, at least until the hot chicks sing, then I turn it off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh wait, I gotta go, somebody's stealing my gas!

Sorry, I was using that show as a generalization, there is a lot of entertainment out there that MOST people would rather watch or follow than politics and the lower the age group it seems the less people really know or care to know about the gov and its ways

Back