Gas over $5.00

Quote:
Must be those evil energy companies and their obscene profits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif While we are "only" at $3.11 per gallon for regular that hurts enough. I'm spending $300 a month just for my work vehicle. Turkey season will take place close to home this year. It's a shame the Democrats are standing in the way of drilling our own oil. Just one more way they are destroying the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yeah, me too, but I'm not sure where. I've always gone all the way out to Garrett Co., out by Oakland, past Deep Creek Lake. Plus I take my 11 y-o son out to the pre-season opener 'youth hunt,' so a normal season is two trips.

Back a couple of years ago when gas went up to two dollars a gallon i and thought, "I've got to do something!", so I fired up my little honda scooter we use for a campground bike. First night I drove it to work I hit a box in the road and crash! Ended up with a broken collar bone and missed a month and a halfs pay. So much for all that gas $$ I was going to save!

Quote:
Back a couple of years ago when gas went up to two dollars a gallon i and thought, "I've got to do something!", so I fired up my little honda scooter we use for a campground bike. First night I drove it to work I hit a box in the road and crash! Ended up with a broken collar bone and missed a month and a halfs pay. So much for all that gas $$ I was going to save!

Sometimes you have to wonder, why even try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Just can't win no matter what one does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Hope you are healed up OK.

I have cut back almost all my optional driving. If I don't need to go and am not getting reimbursed to drive it I think hard before I do. Gas is not as high here as it is most places 3.15 for regular and 3.90 for Diesel.

I tend to plan to do thing when I travel on business rather than a special trip. I do have several long trips planned for this summer and that will bite.

And just think... One SIMPLE thing that could alleviate these problems would be if the EPA would just settle on one fuel 'blend' for the entire country!! It's bad enough refineries are few and far between. Add to it that they have to produce special gas for this state or that, even down to the counties that require special mixes! Dallas and Collin counties (among others) use ethanol, but I can drive 40 minutes north and get non-ethanol gas that will run better AND get better mileage!

Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes you have to wonder, why even try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Just can't win no matter what one does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Hope you are healed up OK.

Yeah, you can't win for losing. I figured I would by a little Ford Ranger or such to drive back and forth to work and for errands to save driving the F-250. If I bought something that got around 6-7 mpg more, I would save between $100 and $150 a month. Insurance would be around $75-$100, then property taxes, then the payment or investment. I would go in the hole trying to save fuel.

Man up here (New Stuyahok, AK.) gas has been $5.47 since October and is going to be $5.75 next week!!! So don't complain yet! Just buy a holding tank and fill it up and wait for the prices to sore. That or start making your own bio fuel.

Well I will say this, been driving the big rig for 13 years, hear alot of talk over the C.B. about what this country needs and there is considerable more chatter about shutting this country down to get the governments attention on some issues, changes that is. We wouldnt have to shut down everyone, just the tankers and nobody goes nowhere!! I can assure you the government will shove those greenies out of the way to listen to what we have to say!! Only problem is, we are not organized.

Quote:
Well I will say this, been driving the big rig for 13 years, hear alot of talk over the C.B. about what this country needs and there is considerable more chatter about shutting this country down to get the governments attention on some issues, changes that is. We wouldnt have to shut down everyone, just the tankers and nobody goes nowhere!! I can assure you the government will shove those greenies out of the way to listen to what we have to say!! Only problem is, we are not organized.

Some of what i'm hearing is the keys will just be handed to the Bank and let them worry about it.

Quote:

The way gas prices are rising looks like you're going to have to fire that scooter up again, but be careful this time and watch out for boxes in the road!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

$4.68 for diesel in New York. $121 to fill the truck up yesterday. Blame the Democrats for the systematic destruction of the American oil industry.

I just filled up the shop truck to day and 34gal was $120 OUCH. Now I have to fill my bronco Monday, I think its going to hurt a lot. Its over $200 in gas just to get to work for a month.

Quote:
$4.68 for diesel in New York. $121 to fill the truck up yesterday. Blame the Democrats for the systematic destruction of the American oil industry.

You have got to be kidding me right. We have a oil man in the white house. We have refineries going up in mysterious fires every 6 months. We have oil fields that have been discovered by oil companies hushed up because the price would go down if the public knew. We have used oil fields in the Gulf that have regenerated themselves, without any publicity. Your blaming the Democrats. I think Not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Who is standing in the way of drilling ANWR and the Florida coast? Who could care less that the Chinese are drilling in international waters in the Gulf of Mexico? Who has blocked every attempt to build a refinery in the country for the last 30 years? Who opposes expanding the use of nuclear power, which is the safest, cleanest and most economically efficient form of energy on the planet? George Bush? I THINK NOT. The answer is the Democrat Party to each of these questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Who is standing in the way of drilling ANWR and the Florida coast? Who could care less that the Chinese are drilling in international waters in the Gulf of Mexico? Who has blocked every attempt to build a refinery in the country for the last 30 years? Who opposes expanding the use of nuclear power, which is the safest, cleanest and most economically efficient form of energy on the planet? George Bush? I THINK NOT. The answer is the Democrat Party to each of these questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

dawg, you forgot the envirowhackos. well, maybe not. pretty much the same thing
seems like every year we hear a news report about the presidents income tax return and how much $$ he made the last year. you can plainly see here:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/04/20070413-7.html
President and Mrs. Bush Release 2006 Tax Return

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $642,905 for the tax year 2006. This resulted in a total of $186,378 in federal income taxes paid by President and Mrs. Bush.

The President's 2006 income included salary earned as President and investment income from the trusts in which their assets are held.

President and Mrs. Bush contributed $78,100 to churches and charitable organizations, including the Crawford Volunteer Fire Department, the Federal Government's Combined Federal Campaign, Operation Smile, Martha's Table, the Salvation Army, Susan G. Komen Foundation, and the Yellow Ribbon Support Center

that he made billions by invading afganistan and iraq and stealing all the oil. he is just itching to go into iran.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Last edited:
Back