Gas over $5.00

I have to disagree w/you, what we have in the white house is simply put, a complete waste of skin. The sad thing is there's not a member on this forum that will be alive when the debt that he's incurred will be paid off. He never saw a spending bill that he didn't like. He's the best friend that the Rockafellers, Saudis, Haliburton, Lockheed Martian etc, etc ever had. There again, the fruit never falls far from the tree, case and point, good ole prescott bush himself. The progenitor of the long line of STD's/family tree.

Quote:
Quote:
$4.68 for diesel in New York. $121 to fill the truck up yesterday. Blame the Democrats for the systematic destruction of the American oil industry.

You have got to be kidding me right. We have a oil man in the white house. We have refineries going up in mysterious fires every 6 months. We have oil fields that have been discovered by oil companies hushed up because the price would go down if the public knew. We have used oil fields in the Gulf that have regenerated themselves, without any publicity. Your blaming the Democrats. I think Not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Must be those evil energy companies and their obscene profits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif While we are "only" at $3.11 per gallon for regular that hurts enough. I'm spending $300 a month just for my work vehicle. Turkey season will take place close to home this year. It's a shame the Democrats are standing in the way of drilling our own oil. Just one more way they are destroying the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yeah, me too, but I'm not sure where. I've always gone all the way out to Garrett Co., out by Oakland, past Deep Creek Lake. Plus I take my 11 y-o son out to the pre-season opener 'youth hunt,' so a normal season is two trips.

C'mon down to the Shore Java. It's closer and no hills to drive up and down, saving you some more gas. I might be able to tie a bird to a tree for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I am getting really tired of everybody complaining about gas price. If we all would start standing up to Washington they will do something, but most americans can't even get up and change the channel. I work for those evil oil companies that are always being blamed, but what about the FED and STATE taxes. They collect anywhere from $.40 to $.80 a gallon for sitting on there arses, but when a company in business to make money does there evil. That's not evil what is evil is knowing this day was coming and sitting on there BUTTS in Washington. Last year GE asked Washington to write an insurance policy on some coal gasfication plants and the tree huggers defeated it. It would have created about 200,000 jobs and made gas from coal. Since the USA has more coal than anybody in the world that would be the way to go. As for ethanol it isn't the answer, but it don't cost more to produce than it makes. That is a myth I haul the stuff everyday. They use coal to fire the boilers to make ethanol which is why it is so cheap to make. As for the tax subsides they are to the end user only no money goes to the plants making the product just the people using it. I drive a flex-fuel pickup it only cost $2.48 for E-85 and I still get about 19 mpgs on the highway. If they would make the veichles to run on straight ethanol they would do even better. I do feel the pain at the pump like everybody else, but it is time to start jumping Washington not EXXON. There in business to make money just like every other business and last time I checked thats an American idea and if the goverment taxes them more who do you think is going to pay it. That's right we are. I am not mad or tring to start anything on this post, but I do think it is time for us to start telling people the truth. We all need to contact Washington these are the people standing in the way of us having $1.50 gas not the oil company. They want to drill and build new refineries, but when it takes 20 years to get approved for permits and then they change the rules in the middle no company is going to do it.

You are partly right, fuel taxes add a terrific cost to the product and the Democrats want to add another 50 cents to pay for bridge repairs. Another thing to remember is that the devaluing of the dollar is what is driving the price up. We think its bad now, wait until next fall when all this money that the Fed is creating out of thin air gets around.

It will get worse believe me. I would love to pay $4 for diesel. Its up around $1.60 to $1.70 a litre over here at the moment unleaded petrol is $1.55. The last time the crude price went up we paid $1.85 per litre for a while. And they say they are not ripping us off.
It costs me $300 odd to fill my hunting rig with 200 litres of diesel and the aussie dollar is buying 92c US or there abouts.
Peter O

Whoa, now who's the Daddy of this idea to begin with? Thats right, the alleged man who never met a spending bill he didn't like, namely yours truly, "george bush".

Quote:
wait until next fall when all this money that the Fed is creating out of thin air gets around.

RutRoe, when Exxon post a $40.6 billion annual profit, the largest by any U.S. company then yes they should and will get the blame.

Quote:
As for ethanol it isn't the answer, but it don't cost more to produce than it makes . That is a myth I haul the stuff everyday.

http://petroleum.berkeley.edu/papers/Biofuels/NRRethanol.2005.pdf

From a liberal school no less! I have to say you may have to rethink that. Ethanol sucks and it is a drain on our economy. Add in subsidies paid by the govt into the price of production and it is very spendy. Here in MN our Gov is an ethanol global warming whore, so we get a lot of info passed on to us from both sides and it all depends on what you want to hear, I guess. It takes a lot of fuel to go from spring planting, cultivate, spray, harvest, dry and haul to the plant.

Flood the market with our own oil. Force the saudi's hand.

KH

Quote:
Whoa, now who's the Daddy of this idea to begin with? Thats right, the alleged man who never met a spending bill he didn't like, namely yours truly, "george bush".

You can't entirely blame Bush, it is Congress that has approved this mess. Both the R's and the D's.

Quote:
RutRoe, when Exxon post a $40.6 billion annual profit, the largest by any U.S. company then yes they should and will get the blame.

Who cares what their profits are? Profit margins are what matter and Exxon/Mobil's margins are close to the average of most industries. Is Hillary's idea of confiscating their profits going lower fuel prices? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif It's painfully obvious from reading this thread that the government school's don't teach even the most basic economics courses. A much more effective agenda would be to convince the lemmings that they are being victimized by "greedy" corporations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Quote:
As for ethanol it isn't the answer, but it don't cost more to produce than it makes . That is a myth I haul the stuff everyday.

http://petroleum.berkeley.edu/papers/Biofuels/NRRethanol.2005.pdf

From a liberal school no less! I have to say you may have to rethink that. Ethanol sucks and it is a drain on our economy. Add in subsidies paid by the govt into the price of production and it is very spendy. Here in MN our Gov is an ethanol global warming whore, so we get a lot of info passed on to us from both sides and it all depends on what you want to hear, I guess. It takes a lot of fuel to go from spring planting, cultivate, spray, harvest, dry and haul to the plant.

Flood the market with our own oil. Force the saudi's hand.

KH

The whole ethanol deal is a joke. We place huge tariff's on sugar based ethanol which is much more efficient while subsidizing corn based ethanol, while simultaneously burning our food supply. That's really shortsighted and borderline retarded.

Quote:
Exxon/Mobil's margins are close to the average of most industries

Are you claiming this to be opinion or fact? If fact please post some sort of proof. If you have ever ran a business I think you may what to rethink your statement.

Quote:
Quote:
Exxon/Mobil's margins are close to the average of most industries

Are you claiming this to be opinion or fact? If fact please post some sort of proof. If you have ever ran a business I think you may what to rethink your statement.

Here ya go Mr. Expert.

Oil company profits: A perspective
Earnings, Revenues, Profits (Billions) for selected companies, recent quarter, 2005
Source: Bloomberg News, reported in AAPG Explorer Dec. 2005
Company Net Profit Revenue Profit Margin
Citigroup (banking) $7.1 $21.5 33%
Microsoft $3.1 $9.7 32%
Coca-Cola $1.3 $6.0 21%
Procter & Gamble $2.0 $14.8 14%
General Electric $4.7 $41.6 11%
ExxonMobil $9.9 $92.6 11%
ConocoPhillips $3.8 $48.7 8%
IBM $1.5 $21.5 7%
Chevron $3.6 $51.1 7%
Wal-Mart $2.8 $76.8 4%

Oil industry average profit margin is about 8.2%; (3rd Q. '05)
for all US industry, the average is about 6.8%.
Profits in the oil industry were easily outpaced by those of the
Pharmaceuticals, Banks, Household Products, Software, Telecommunications,
Semiconductors, Consumer Services, and Food, Beverage and Tobacco sectors.

Now, can you explain to us what makes Exxon more evil than Citigroup and Microsoft?

I've been self employed for the last 14 years, running two businesses. How 'bout you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Well actually, the energy commission does and should to protect the nations best interests. You see, oil is a natural resource and vital to our nations welfare. This is why the energy commission is "supposed" to keep a watchful eye on companies like, Exxon, Shell, etc, etc so as to protect the consumer from getting gouged. Unfortunately this isn't happening in this case due in part to a fox being in charge of the hen house.These corrupt oil companies are not to be trusted plain and simple.
Quote:
Who cares what their profits are?

2005 data is all ya got? You can't compare 2007 Exxon profit to 2005 Exxon profit

10 mega companies in 2005 is not a very good cross check of US companies,,,remember it is now 2008

Do you own any stock in the above mentioned companies, if so check how much you have LOST in the past year

self employed for the past 25 years ,,,and FYI Real Estate does not count

But you'll trust the corrupt wolf that is the Federal government to watch over the hen house? Get real. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So nobody was screaming about being "gouged" by the oil companies in 2005? Yeah, right. If you have more recent figures that tell a different story then let's see them. Tell me why being in real estate "doesn't count"? Not sure if I do own stock in Exxon. If I do it's very little. Why do you ask? You want to claim you are one of my "victims"?

To debate this issue YOU must first have a basic understanding of the topic, as of yet I have not seen this, so at this point I opt to "tap out"

Your right. Sometimes it is better to quit than continue fighting a losing battle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Well the word out on the road is April 1 truckers are going to strike over the fuel prices. Dont exactly know how big a deal it is going to be, but sure is alot of talk even on XM radio! We will see!!

Back