Funny remark at the Gun Show today

Originally Posted By: pyscodogSome men have more "dick" in their personality than they do in their pants.

Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that, psycho.

I'm not a medical person so I'm not sure if you'll be able to overcome both of those "short comings" or not......

It must be a real burden for ya' in life.

I was enjoying this thread until it derailed. Thanks for reminding me why this site gets less and less visits from me. People can't stay on topic. The last 10 comments had nothing to do with the topic. You guys need to just PM each other. This is stupid!

There has been a constant feud between WinnyFan and myself for some time now. It need to end. I want to smooth things over at least so the constant bashing stops and ruins PM for all the rest. In this open forum, I sincerely want to apologize to Winny Fan and any others that I have offended. No more! I'm done. I respect all the comments made to inform the members new and old but I'm tired of seeing good posts go bad because a few of us don't get along. So that being said, I hope to get along with Winny and hopes he will accept my peace offering. I spend to much time on here and hate seeing good reviews and good informative posts go bad because a few of up don't get along. I sincerely hope you all will accept my apologies as well..

Originally Posted By: Winny FanBill and I have spoken to each other offline.

Jeeze guys,
ain’t nobody likes a quitter.

thumbdown.gif

Most of the time I take the stance of what concern is it of mine?? why am I going to chime in and give someone unsolicited more than likely unwanted advice, but there is always a few in the crowd and gun shows are no exception.

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: CZ527
Never used a 204, but I did pop a cow with a 17 Remington once. 25 gr factory ammo, she never twitched.

I found a Cow that had been azz shot. The femur was broken and folded up under her so she wasn't going anywhere.
I was Coyote hunting so all I had with me was my 17Rem but I couldn't let her suffer any longer so I shot her in the ear at about 20 feet with a 25gr Nagel HP. She acted like she wasn't even hit. I had to get in front of her and shoot her between the eyes to finish the deed.

Well, since this thread has been derailed already...

Both the .17 Rem and the .204 are plenty of gun to put down an injured cow elk or beef cow when placed correctly. In fact, .22 lr will do the job just fine, even on a bull.

Another tip: "Right between the eyes" is a good way to shoot an animal in the sinuses. Sometimes k.o.'s them, sometimes not. The brain is higher. Draw an X between eyes and ears. X Mark's the spot. Interesting that behind the ear didn't work. Should, as long as it's into the brain.

Back