FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Last evening was the inaugural start of the Salina car club's Thursday night "cruise", that happens every year.
Made up of mostly street rods & muscle cars, they make one cruise up & down my street (which runs thru the center of town), before ending up at north Salina's Dairy Queen.

Anyway, watching them go past my house, and hearing those pipes roar, got me in the mood for some good old "car tunes".

These first 2 videos go together......

Those were the days.
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Here's some stuff from a local group in my area, Folk Soul Revival. Small town, small time, pure, fun music. Nothing like enjoying the weekend with a local live band, some local BBQ, at a local brewery. Hope you all enjoy.

"She's Mad"

"Jawbone Blues"

"Sam's Gap"

"China Town"

"Sweet Virginia"

"More Than A Name"

"Prompting the Dapperness"

"Old 13"

"Kirstie Alley Ate My Shoe"

"Gun"

"Rain"

"Take Me To Church - Acoustic Cover"

And now, for more good clean fun...........

My first job (away from the family farm), in 1983, was working in the warehouse & receiving dock of an electrical wholesaler.
I was the youngest person there. Most of my co-workers were in their late 20's--early 30's.
And of course, they all wanted 70's--80's rock playing on the main radio (which could only be heard in the shipping area & front counter).

But me, being the ornery cuss, first thing every Monday morning...out on my receiving dock...I would stick in my "Best of" tape, and play the following songs.
I called it my Monday morning wake-up!
The guys hated me for it (but only on Mondays), because I would turn my radio up loud enough to be heard throughout the entire warehouse!! Hahahahahaha

Enjoy the fun!!!

Back