Fred Eichler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched Fred Eichler on tv for a long time, and I really like the guy. It doesn't matter who he married, the ring on her finger didn't make his arrows fly any straighter. I just read an article on him in the new "Predator Nation" magazine. He grew up trapping, hunting, and loving the outdoors. I find it amazing that a person who has been hunting his whole life still acts like it is his first time when he has a successful hunt. I think that is great. He seems like one of those guys that doesn't want his name or moniker on everything. He just wants to hunt and share his experiences with people who love that stuff too. Must have been a big sale on green paint somewhere.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyNot a hater and I'm defintley not jealous. Not of this guy. Like stated above. Past success does not over ride current stupidity. I'm not one to tell anyone how to hunt but I absolutely do not condone fmj as a hunting round. If he is showing coyotes spinning and running them his show does need done professional editing, that does not need to be shown. Acttually it's very contradicting to pm's rules. And it amazes me the number of you who are ok with it . We can't post gore shots because we are afraid how the non hunting folk will perceive us and and it will make things worse but by god we can have a so called pro shoot coyotes with a fmj and go against the biggest rule when it comes to hunting. KILL CLEAN! Which is the exact opposite of what this guy is doing, only it's on national television. Come on people

Foxy I like your take. Endorsing FMJ ammo for hunting is stupid and you all know it. If the guy would jump up celebrating a clean kill all the while ruining the rest of his stand, good for him! If he jumps up and celebrates before he knows his coyote is dead, no good. He should be tracking not giving high fives to the camera man! I don't care what he killed with a bow even it be traditional, I know lots of guys who kill things with stick bows. It doesn't give him a pass to do whatever he wants while predator hunting!

Ya, coyotes do some screwed up things, we don't like, but really they're just coyotes. Kill em because you can, need to, or just plain want to. But this is a legitimate hunting sport on TV so do it right! Fred represents us through his show.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: liv2hunt79Getfoxy,
Is therre some reason that you think every post in here pertains to you and you have a reason to get defensive and reply back to everybody that post on here making a statement in general. I think you are taking it to heart a little to much because I know for one I was not replying or commenting on anything that you had posted I was just speaking in general.

Thanks,
Jason

As was I, I was just speaking in general and stating my opinion, is there a set quota on how many times I can post? I think not.

The biggest reason is I wanted to clear the air and let it be known that I absolutely 110% do not hate the guy, I dont even know the guy, I do not want it to come across looking like that, which is why I stressed it so much.

Were my comments harsh?, absolutely but I stand by what I said. Am I taking this to heart and on the defensive? Nah, dosent matter that much to me, but this is a very touchy topic and people are going to have strong opinions on such a topic. And besides..its arguing over the internet, theres no real winner here, so why take anything thats said to heart No matter which side of the fence you stand on. If you think I got defensive to your post, Im not even totally sure I read your post, couldnt even tell you what it said as Im typing this....

Happy Hunting

PS it happens to be an interesting thread.

Last edited:
I think if your going to make a true hunting show... atleast do some research on your sport or hobby before the whole world reviews it. If it was filmed back in the 70's with FMJ's it probably would have been okay but today maybe their is some reason why he used them one that I don't know but maybe something to it. I have'nt seen the show or even know the man. We are not going to know the answer until he talks to someone or comes on here.

On a S. Texas hunt in Uvalde he shot a metric b#ttload of yotes' and all of them were spinners and runners. Somebody loan this guy some Vmax.
Everytime he shoots one I put it on 'mute' until after he quits slobbering and convulsing. He just killed an animal, not win the lottery.

I don't think there is any problem with him getting excited when he kills a coyote, Actually I think it is great that he still feels that way after such a succesfull career. He shows that he loves what he does and not the fame of the whole deal.

I am very jealous, I wish I had my own show shooting predators. I would do it with a sling shot if thats what was asked of me.

I can't believe this went on so long, let it go guys.

Originally Posted By: orkanPersonally, I don't care what someone uses to shoot a coyote. I don't hold the mangy mutt's I shoot in the same esteem as I do other game animals. I suppose I'd have some resentment toward deer if they were eating calves too. So, fmj, HP, hand grenade, or rocket launcher... so long as the coyote takes a bullet it's likely he won't make the winter. A dead coyote is a dead coyote in my book. I don't care to appease the anti's at all. I'd be happier if there were a dead coyote thrown on the porch of every anti in the country. ... but that's just me.

+1
thumbup1.gif
, although it bothers me that my technique was flawed if I get a runner and they are harder to find than one that is DRT.

Originally Posted By: orkanYou are speaking against one of our own in a hostile manner foxy. Thusly, it seems like you are a "hater" when reading your posts.

Let me know when that sinks in.

thumbdown.gif
. foxy is entitled to post his opinion like everyone else, and I like hearing what he has to say.

Last edited:
HOLY Geesh!!!! What the h..

OK, first of all, I would like to thank the following people for their informative replies to my question......

Diogee
rockinBbar
bigsky_songdogs
jrbb00
Super White Hunter
Bmoe
bailebr3

Thank you.

Now...
After re-reading my original post, I realize I failed to get my intent across.
All I was asking for was better information about Mr. Eichler's background & experience level.

I even stated the following quote, "I am NOT trying to badmouth the guy."
Yet 90% of the replies I received here did NOTHING but bash either the man or his TV show.
I had absolutely no intention of that. I do not, & will not condone it.
Granted we all have our own opinions & are free to express them in this country, thank God.
But I wasn't asking for opinions. I was asking for information. Even though I obviously did a very poor job of getting my meaning across.
For that, I apologize to both my fellow Predator Masters members, & to Mr. Eichler, should he ever see this.
This thread went WWAAAAYYYYY off it's original course.
Because of that...Moderators, please lock this topic, as this thread is not serving it's intended purpose.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back