fathers day special again... have you got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put MPFD, Scotts a one man show and he does his best to try and meet his wait time. Most of the time he is waiting on the suppliers. I think you guys are like kids waiting for XMas in June give it time they will come and be worth the wait I Promise. Hang in there.

I'm right there with you! I ordered mine in late August, Early September. Guys if this is your first custom rifle ordered, I know it seems like a long time to wait, but its pretty standard really. This is my third custom purchase and it only gets easier as time goes on... I'm willing to bet that my rifle is laying there at the shop in pieces. But I told Scott, that I had no problem waiting and he could build mine and get it sent out after the fathers days deals were all taken care of... Please bare with us, and relax.. The biggest complaint I have heard is that you can't reach anyone. Well I am here and will do what ever I can to answer question that are not being answered in various threads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cornstalkerScott,
Thanks for the update.

I have to admit that the communication has been frustrating. I am not even in a hurry to get my upper, but the unread and unanswered pm's, combined with lack of response to emails over shipping issues do not bolster a great deal of confidence. If it'll be a while, tell me it'll be a while and I am good with that. It's slightly disconcerting to fork out the cash and have to chase after someone to get them to talk to you.

I know you build a good product, and I am perfectly willing to wait for it, but please communicate with me in a way that creates realistic expectations.

I guess I feel bad for airing this out openly, but the other communication mediums have proven ineffective. I support what you do and think you are a credit to the industry, but it is fairly obvious that some of your customers are feeling a little in the dark and still trying to be polite about it.

This is meant to be constructive, and I just want to let you know how it feels to be your customer. I come from a customer service background in the field of auto repair and have to deal with production .vs timeline issues day in and day out. None of my statements are meant to be chiding, but just a little feedback. I look forward to praising your product just as openly when it is all said and done.

+2. Well said, Cornstalker.

After inquiring, I was informed just over a month ago that my .223 build was ready, other than the Ace Skeleton stock, which was scheduled to arrive later that week. I sent a few emails and left a few voice mails since then and have not heard back from anyone. I know Scott is a great guy and works hard to build quality guns, but it doesn't make you feel good as a paying customer when you feel you are being ignored. This is meant to be taken as constructive criticism as well. I look forward to slinging some lead down range with my first black rifle! I appreciate the update and will continue waiting patiently.

youll forget all about the wait once its in your hands. trust me.

He isn't just building rifles.

the man is building the BUSINESS behind the AMAZING product, which is ten times harder than any rifle build, Im sure he has a lot more BS government paper work and dealing with the ATF all the time

building a reputation of pure tack driving excellence
building a future for our sport and rights
and building a family, a family of his direct relation and all of us! All of you family men know how much work that is, imagine your family plus a couple hundred crazy fur slammin rednecks like us, and making everyone happy!

If he was as perfect as his product, the goverment would size his you know whats to produce a superior gene pool super race.

I can't wait for everyone of you to get your SD rifle!

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerQuote:i leave tomorrow for the PM hunt, but I can assure every customer they will either receive an email or a phone call mon/tue at the latest. I will go over each order with them and let them know where we stand.

Quote:i cant access my email for some reason. I'll be giving updates this week for sure.

Quote:Scott is down at the PM hunt. Try him back after the first of the week.

I believe that this clearly illustrates the issue.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the problem is the wait time, even though 2 or 3 guys said they don't even care about the wait they just want to hear back. And Scott's uppers are absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
As a guy that got in on both deals all I can say is hold tight people.The wait will be worth it.My first one is shooting awesome and I'm sure the next one will too!

Originally Posted By: HoierI don't understand why everyone thinks the problem is the wait time, even though 2 or 3 guys said they don't even care about the wait they just want to hear back. I think you've struck the root of the issue. Folks are willing to wait for a superior product. Wait time is known up front and is a small deal - being made to feel that you don't really matter is a much bigger deal.

I have'nt heard a word still.I have it on good authority that Scott is just busy.It is frustrating to not have any contact at all after being told we would.

Guys,
Busy would be an understatement, but I do realize that i need better communication and have hired one of our own to alleviate that. More to come on that.

I spoke with machine shop today and told them I was tired of getting my A$$ handed to me by customer because of their lead times. I wanted a no BS answer on when these barrels are coming and he promised me within 3 weeks, they have them all contoured, working on chambering and gas ports next week, then final inspection and shipping.

One thing I have been busy with is trying to get financed for my own machines so i can put the destiny of my company in my own hands. I do apologize and thought Matt would really help take care of customer service, but as you probably know by now, that didn't work and he isn't with us anymore.

There will be a post up tonight with more info, thank you all and I appreciate every one of you.

Scott

Sorry to hear things havent worked out Scott. I'm the Devil Dog in Italy and I happen to be heading back to home La this weekend. I know you are swamped, but if you get a chance shoot me an update if you will or can. I truly wish things would have worked out with your help and once things settle down I'll probably will be ordering a .17 from you.

One of those situations where it sucks to be top notch and in high demand I guess.

Semper Fi Buddy and thanks for EVERYTHING you do!

February 22, 2012
This year has been an interesting one for Specialized Dynamics. We want to thank you for your support, and offer an apology and explanation for difficulties that many of you have recently encountered with our organization.
In an attempt to streamline our production, we recently made changes to our ordering and customer service process. Unfortunately those changes have not worked the way that we anticipated. We also encountered unforeseen difficulties with several of our vendors, further delaying our production deadlines. While we did what we could to resolve those issues, we failed in keeping our customers properly informed of the delays.
We fully understand the frustration that our customers have felt, and we want to assure you that we take full responsibility for these problems, and as such we have made changes that we feel address these issues. Effective immediately, all communications will be routed to our new customer service representative, Jason “Mo” Mosler. An experienced hunter and competitive shooter, Mo brings a wide variety of skills to Specialized Dynamics. He is committed to bringing our customer service back to the level that our customers have come to expect in the past. In the coming days Mo will be making contact with all of Specialized Dynamics customers that have outstanding orders, to give you an update on the status of your order. He will also be making contact with all of you that have sent emails or left messages. This change will allow Scott to continue turning out the top quality rifles that our reputation is based on.
Again, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and we assure you that we will get this situation under control just as soon as we can.

Please feel free to email Mo at Jason@specializeddynamics.com, and he will get back to you as soon as possible. Mo will be getting a company phone next week, in the meantime he will be contacting you with his personal cell phone, so you may see a number that you do not recognize.

Thanks for the update. I was about ready to send another request for an update but will just wait for Mo to contact me. When we thought these would be out around the first of the year, I said I wasn't in any hurry because I wouldn't have time to shoot much until the coyotes were rubbed. Well, the one I shot last weekend was rubbed, so now I am officially anxious.

Ok guys, you should have all gotten PM's from me regarding the issues with SD, and your orders. If I have missed someone, I apologize, please PM me and I will get back to you. I have gotten some PM's back, and I will be getting with Scott to get some updates on your orders, and I will be getting back in touch with you as soon as I can.

I will be reading my PM's and emails at least once a day, and I will try to get back in touch with everyone within 48 hours of receipt.

Thanks again for your understanding and support.

Mo

By now most of you should have gotten either an email, a PM or both. If I missed anyone, I apologize, PM or email me and I will try to give you an update about your order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back