Crow Sniping With a Rifle

Have you ever noticed that some days you can't see or hear a crow? I've seen times like that over the years, for some unexplained reason, there is no activity at all. I've tried calling on days like that and it has been a waste of energy.

Coyotex,

Your plan sounds interesting. If you would, elaborate a little and explain how you go about it, more detailed.

Thanks.

Give em something that makes em think a kill happened there,,I used to use a old deer hide ,but anything that looks like a deer hide will work(brown blanket) works best on the snow cause they are looking for easy pickings on top of the snow,,,you can put some bright red paint on a brown blanket ahead of time,,,then spruce up the area with cheap ketchup on the snow,,,,,this is really affective for long term sniping,,,,,lasts quit a few days,,,,if you want something that works quickly,,try the ketchup in the snow,,and bait them w/popped popcorn(the big black birds will love you until the report of the rifle) hope this helps.............X

Oh yeah ,in the open with at least one tree nearby,,and let em get crowded,,,i like 22 subsonics in a bull barrel 50-75 yrds...........X

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try and I'm sure some others reading this forum will find that helpful as well.

i use a scrap bucket of dinner scraps
i throw the leftover in the pail every night and add a layer or water.
then freeze it then ill go out and toss the ice brick on the ground and wait for them to arrive i will also caw a few times to get em comming

Back