C0y0tes in Heaven?

where is the forum moderator? why is this being discussed in infidels good hunting thread? everything not related to his hunting story should be removed. whatever.

IDK, we are talking about heaven, and that was the root of the starter. I am just really happy to see that a lot of differing opinions were discussed and it didn't appear that anyone was attacked or insulted, good conversation and discussion with respect.

Might be the reason that it was left alone. Nothing to moderate.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZIDK, we are talking about heaven, and that was the root of the starter. I am just really happy to see that a lot of differing opinions were discussed and it didn't appear that anyone was attacked or insulted, good conversation and discussion with respect.

+1

I enjoyed the thread and would like to recommend the story for a HOM.

Originally Posted By: Fursniper

I enjoyed the thread and would like to recommend the story for a HOM.

+1 to that.. Great story, well narrated and thoughtful.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerPreach on brother. Your assertions are exactly my point. Nothing can be more self aggrandizeing then claiming to know God's ways and to also know what lies beyond the grave. I know, only that I don't know. Others know it all with their books.. then talk about how humble we ought to be. The religious books clearly state that the hypothetical Amazonian tribesman are a lost people.. I disagree.

Believe in what you want. Religious beliefs makes up a small part of a persons character on the whole. I'd gladly take the company of a Christian patriot conservative over an atheist liberal any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

You know swamp, I really want to dislike you....but I can't.

You are strong in your convictions and seem to respect other's right to their opinion.

The only problem I have with you is no matter what, you are still a new yorker.....lol

Sorry to Infidel for keeping this thread off the rails. I just couldn't help it.

First off, great write up Infedel.
Now my OPINION on religion.
First off to each their own. If I can believe in one thing that makes absolutely no sense, why can't something equally farfetched not be true.
Secondly tribalisms (religions) are and have been a scourge to peace on Earth for thousands of years.
Religions had its place thousands of years ago to set social standards for evolving cultures (don't kill, steal, lie, f@#$ your neighbors wives). Don't see much use for them now, except perhaps as a way to deign the undeignable. We are mortal.

Last edited:
I believe the Holy Bible is perfect. It tells us we are not,but by grace we are saved. If I try to follow the teachings of the Bible and upon death I find out that Gods not real well? What if Im right and your wrong? God loves us all. Heaven is real so is ####.I pray for all of us.

Jeremiah 29:13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

We need more posts and discussions like this. Hard to top the combination of scripture and coyotes. MO

Or even a subforum "Religion"? Anyone in favor? Thank you Mods & Admin for allowing this thread to wander a wee bit. It has seemingly garnered way more positive response than negative. If you would support a separate heading for religion, now would be a good time to speak out. Redemption continues until judgement comes. And that time is coming. Meanwhile He continues to call workers into His Kingdom.

John 9:4 I must work the works of He who sent Me while it is still day, soon it will be night and no one can work.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father.

Great discussion. All fluff and no critical examples of religion [beeep]. May I be of some assistance in this area.
'The Religion of Peace' quotes and commands of violence towards all non-Muslims: http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/jihad_passages.html
Im ex-Latin catholic. I left the RCC for many reasons. Their global industrial rape of children is only one of many, many reasons why I left. www.bishopaccountability.org Watch the award-winning movie 'Spotlight' for a layman's terms of the child rape culture of the clergy. I have as my screensaver, bishop-accountability.org where a person can read all day, day after day, the crimes committed and then denied by the RCC.
Christianity has a heaven, but so do does Islam. In Islam, Islam overrules Christianity 'because' Islam is that last 'Revelation' from God. And Muslims are willing to kill and die for their interpretation of it. We are the first generation ever that can intellectually question the validity of any and all supernatural, superstitious, religious claims by anyone and everyone. We must face this challenge with courage and determination to find out what really is in all of these holy books and the unfalsifiable claims these books make.
I know i feel a million times better throwing away the insivable crutch of religion.
The history of islam was the nail in the coffin for me, understanding it's corrupt beginnings and the demand for violence to advance the faith. Dr. Bill Warner is one of the best on YouTube in explaining this. As a christian is critical of the sayings and teachings of Islam and other religions, apply them to your own and see it your own personal chosen religion can stand up to criticism. It really is a great ride.

243, the god of Islam is a demon. Paul clearly taught this in several places in the New Testament.

You are correct to reject Catholicism for many reasons. It is an evil religion that denies salvation by faith, institutes the traditions of men over the revealed truth of God in the scriptures, and produces and protects pedophiles.

You are incorrect to reject Jesus Christ.

Your problem is pride. You have put yourself as judge over God. You think he is wrong. So, you are trying to kill him in your mind.

Last edited:
Why does it only have to be only the one religion that you were indoctrinated with as a child?? There are so many, many, many others out there! Have you investigated any of them? What are the chances that Zeus really is the one and true invisible man in the sky? I say anyone that believes that they know god and that they know what he wants and what we are suppose to do, just put that critter in the laboratory and test his magical powers. Put that super-critter in a court of law and prove to the world that he is the real deal. If there is a god, Im sure she looks a lot like Kate Upton on YouTube, in Slow-Mo.

Kimber, I am a 68 Y.O. guy who was indeed indoctrinated at a very young age. In fact, even at that young age, I had a drug problem. That is, every Sunday, as far back as I can remember, I was drug to church. The older I got the more I actually became jaded, perhaps nearly as jaded as you. (no offense intended, actually I find you to have a fine sense of humor) Starting about the age of 18 or so I figured out that my family was very Christian on Sunday, but rest of the week, look out. I experienced other disappointments in some of the pastors, 2 of whom were actually asked to leave. One for saving many women in the church in his own special way and the other ran off with another man's wife and a huge chunk of money. Suffice it to say I was truly disgusted and began a many year search trying to determine if there was a God and if so, where could I find the best path to know Him as best I could.

I have always enjoyed deep, detailed research, whether it's finding the proper rifle/pistol/load, TV, vehicle, boat..doesn't matter, I'm not an impulse buyer. Drives my wife nuts but, when I buy something it's right for us. For close to 20 years, looking back, very dark years at that, I refused to set foot in any church. In that time I researched, in depth and in many ways, every major religion known to man, even atheism. I guess you would have called me agnostic, and rightly so.

Fast forward a few years and laying near death, told by various Docs that w/o a heart transplant I would not leave the hospital. A very sobering verdict I might add. I won't bore you here with the details but I suddenly found myself the recipient of a remarkable miracle healing after personal and intercessory prayer. A recent, second, unrelated health issue that had a dire prognosis was also healed over night by personal and intercessory prayer. Both of these events occurred overnight and were witnessed by lay and professional people.

After the first miracle I began to study, in depth, Christianity. When I say in depth I mean Seminary text books and virtually all the well known Christian authors. I manage to read 50 plus books a year and I found some amazing knowledge is available out there. Most important I now realize that all Christians and even Pastors are very fallible. I have found that I am able to sit down and have full scale discussions with 8 different Seminary professors that I have come to know and respect over the years and be accepted as an equal although I never attended Seminary.

I have seen some amazing miracles occur to others besides myself. I also understand that religion is not for everyone and that doesn't make them a bad person, simply not saved. I have no idea of your age, but I do know that at one time I was probably quite like you. I thank God my Father every day that He opened my eyes.

While God truly wishes that none should perish and the Gospel (good news) is available to all, in reality, more will likely perish than be saved. That saddens God and it saddens me and Christians around the world. Understand, we do not consider ourselves any better than those who do not believe. We are just as sinful, if not worse, than unbelievers, simply forgiven, that's the difference. When our Lord Jesus returns on that fateful day all will see the Truth, even those left behind sitting in the pews who were led astray, thinking they were saved. Being a Christian and being truly saved is not a simple thing in fact it's very difficult. And like all professions there are wolves in sheep's coverings standing up proudly, claiming to be Pastors, and insuring the doom of their flock. That's not fair some may say. My reply would be "who ever said God had to be fair? We should be grateful that He is not fair and makes sure we get what we truly deserve."

Anyway I'm not trying to proselytize, I'm merely trying to help you see the inner workings of the minds of some Christians. Please don't lump us all together like the anti-hunters do to slob hunters and honest sportsmen. I don't lump all atheists/agnostics together either. I know firsthand that God can and does call those whom He wills and after years of research and the witness of true miracles, not a man walks the earth that could ever change my mind.

Good luck on your journey and be careful, you never know when He may call you, I'm just sayin.

This post just won't die.. excuse me while I kick this dead horse again... we do not have bodies with souls... we are souls who have bodies... we are driving skeletons with fleshy overcoats while gravity bound to this spinning rock with its axis on a tilt.. circling the sun, eliminating all possibilities of the world being flat. Yes, the world is round, it's not fair.. it's just round.

Originally Posted By: 243kimber Why does it only have to be only the one religion that you were indoctrinated with as a child?? There are so many, many, many others out there! Have you investigated any of them?.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762What we are taught as children has influence but it does not define our character, some of societies’ most evil people had very religious upbringings. The music I listened to, the people I hung out with, the things I smoked, the women I chased and even the whisky I drank had more influence over me than anything authority had to say. I can safely say that I was not indoctrinated into spiritual principles.

Besides the indoctrination into a specific brand of religion aspect, the main argument I see between scientific atheists and religion is the actual age of the earth; thousands of years? Millions of years? Billions of years? All are human measurements of time and bound by the laws of this universe. The creator of the universe cannot be restrained by its laws, so if there is "fuzzy math" used to debunk what the masses believe, then I place the "fuzz" on human error and or interpretation.

Even with the written word of God being translated from Aramaic and Hebrew to many different languages and having revised versions spoken with so much symbolism, only to be held up to a microscope by soothsayers, I still bet my soul on its substance and authenticity. In the grand scheme of things, with my limited time, view and exposure to all that is, all that has been and all that is to come, well I guess this perspective allows me the grace to have the faith of a child. Childlike faith can be very powerful in a cold, hard world. It works in a round world too.

If our entire life force and animating essence only exists within the mortal flesh of our brains then how do you know that "everything that is" only exists in your own mind. Everything you know and feel right now could be nothing more than a dream and we hope we are getting through to you... please wake up...

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: 243kimber Why does it only have to be only the one religion that you were indoctrinated with as a child?? There are so many, many, many others out there! Have you investigated any of them? What are the chances that Zeus really is the one and true invisible man in the sky? I say anyone that believes that they know god and that they know what he wants and what we are suppose to do, just put that critter in the laboratory and test his magical powers. Put that super-critter in a court of law and prove to the world that he is the real deal. If there is a god, Im sure she looks a lot like Kate Upton on YouTube, in Slow-Mo.

You still have not addressed the documented comprehensive list of prophesies Jesus Christ fulfilled regarding his birth, death, and resurrection.

You don't want to know the truth. You just want to blabber on about ridiculous things.

Well, I had been staying out of this one. But since Jeremy has taken a few more posthumous swipes at the equine, I suppose I can lay in a lick or two as well.

Coyotes in Heaven? IDK.

My father, in addition to being a devoted killer of coyotes, was also very much a man of God. He wasn't a preacher, just a very dedicated deacon and elder in the church. He was educated and well read. Anytime that he had a serious question, his answer was to study scripture until he found the answer that he believed was the true answer. Not the answer that he wanted to hear, but the one that he felt was correct, theologically. He would discuss and debate with other students of the word, but for him the ultimate litmus test was the word.

A few years before his death I remember us having a conversation about Heaven. At first he hesitated. I think because his thoughts on the subject ran somewhat counter to a lot of what is perceived that we THINK that we know about Heaven (in common knowledge), and he knew his answer would require either a long answer, or none at all.

He started with a description of Heaven, from what the Bible teaches us. Not a physical description, but one that describes what it is like to actually be there. Prominent in that description was the fact that we will be free from the pain and suffering of which there is much in the world we are currently in. Also prominent in his discussion was the fact that it would be so much better than the world we are in now, that there really does not seem to be an adequate way to even describe it to us, in terms we could understand.

The question that sparked this conversation was whether people who were already in Heaven, or who had already "passed on" could look down on Earth to their loved ones who were still here, and whether, when the time came if they would be able to know if those same loved ones made it to heaven or went to [beeep].

He was the first to admit, that he did not know the answer to that question. However, what he believed from much study was that we would not be able to look down from Heaven, and we would no longer have knowledge of the ones we knew here on Earth. His argument for that position was based on the fact that seeing a child, parent, family member, or friend that was in [beeep] or going through tough trials here on Earth would violate the "free from pain and suffering" part of the description of Heaven. Any parent knows that when your child hurts, you hurt as well. So the only way to be free of that, is to have no knowledge of it. Maybe there is a "work around" for that in Heaven, who knows. I suppose some of us will find out when we get there.

So what does that mean for coyotes in Heaven? IDK. I think probably not, just because it is my belief heaven is going to be a much, much different place than we can even imagine. Anything we carry over from this world is just presupposition. And to be quite honest, how could coyote ever be a part of a place with no pain and suffering? That is his world, the one he lives and thrives in.

Then again, the same could be said for us humans as well.

nice going, enjoyed the read. someday this whole country may be wind farms.............god knows there's plenty of ....................wind.
I slipped out in the smoke last eve'...........nary a creature was stirring, eerily silent.
Wonder if the critters were all to stoned to move or had headed for clearer air.

Back