At least 26 killed in mass shooting at Texas church

Originally Posted By: MerditOriginally Posted By: Bad Dawg

Ok. Let’s look at it from another point of view. Shall we allow citizens to posses tanks, rockets, military aircraft and even nukes? Why do we not allow this? The answer is simple. Because in the wrong hands these instruments can cause a significant amount of damage to a population in a very short time.

I believe some citizens do possess tanks, rockets, and military aircraft. Haven't heard of any of them being used in any killing sprees by private citizens, however. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's legal to own a fully functional tank :https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/operational-tank-for-sale-armslist/

Originally Posted By: hm1996
And while we are at it, perhaps more attention could/should be given to criminal/mental records as opposed to placing all the blame on inanimate objects.Regards,
hm

Do you realize how many millions of people could be affected by that who are not a danger to society that could eventually end up on the prohibited list because they did the right thing by seeking the help they needed. Should we really trust an FBI that has a long history of corruption and leftist agenda of all things to get this correct.

Not a good situation if the left is allowed to steamroll people by using the mental health system or mental health records as a way to target people for gun control. The DSM-5 or Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (AKA the psychiatrists bible) is 947 pages of quackery and just about everyone can be labeled with a mental illness.

It is all a two way street and that would be a leftists happydream as this would eventually be used as a tool against regular folks to target them for gun control much like the communists did to political dissenters and those who were opposed to communism in the USSR.

Obama and his gang of rats tried this with social security benefit recipients. It is their agenda and I sure hope people don't fall for it by believing it is the common sense thing to do.

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Originally Posted By: hm1996
And while we are at it, perhaps more attention could/should be given to criminal/mental records as opposed to placing all the blame on inanimate objects.Regards,
hm

Do you realize how many millions of people could be affected by that who are not a danger to society that could eventually end up on the prohibited list because they did the right thing and went sought the help they needed. Should we really trust an FBI that has a long history of corruption and leftist agenda of all things to get this correct.

I strongly agree with this statement. I’ve always said that the mental health industry would be used against the people to take away their rights. The best non-lethal weapon to use against someone is to label them ‘crazy’.

Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: Droopyfur2

The rational is its about control SIR and not about any particular firearm.. I was totally against what was then called Saturday Night Specials many years ago but that was then not now. If you can legally own and are able to operate a firearm, what type or model is no ones business but the owners.
Give the Devil and inch and he'll take a mile!!!

SIR! Thank you so very much for doing your best to educate my simple mind on such a vast topic, but with all due respect, push on!

When you are done flogging my back, and go to rub salt in the wounds, would you mind using sea salt? I prefer it over the iodised!

Sea salt it is!!

The sting will still be there
thumbup.gif

Common sense to one person can not always mean the same to another.
I'll let someone else Pray for you.
Maybe an atheist prayer??

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: tnshootistThe only man who knows what his motivations were is not talking.

Yeah that’s why they are doing an investigation.
Mental illness and domestic violence appear to be the motivations at this time, and religion and politics do not-
according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Well when they get the investigation done they will know for sure what a dead man had on his mind that day.
We know what he did but I would think that whatever it was that made his actions make sense to him would be beyond the scope of understanding.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistPersonally I think there is a difference between mental illness and just being a plain ole mean bastard.

tn,
I can't disagree with that statement, I just think it takes a whole other level of mental illness to be that mean.

Originally Posted By: Droopyfur2Originally Posted By: Bad DawgOriginally Posted By: Droopyfur2

The rational is its about control SIR and not about any particular firearm.. I was totally against what was then called Saturday Night Specials many years ago but that was then not now. If you can legally own and are able to operate a firearm, what type or model is no ones business but the owners.
Give the Devil and inch and he'll take a mile!!!

SIR! Thank you so very much for doing your best to educate my simple mind on such a vast topic, but with all due respect, push on!

When you are done flogging my back, and go to rub salt in the wounds, would you mind using sea salt? I prefer it over the iodised!

Sea salt it is!!

The sting will still be there
thumbup.gif

Common sense to one person can not always mean the same to another.
I'll let someone else Pray for you.
Maybe an atheist prayer??

Thank you so much for honoring my request! I understand the sting will still be as severe, there is just something about it that satisfies my taste buds. Knowing it is being applied to my wounds will give me some sort of satisfaction!

An atheist prayer? I did not know atheists pray, sir! But of course, any prayer will suffice!

Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg
If you want to throw in every other issue of the world into this topic, please don’t respond to my posts. It’s just a way to get the attention off of the topic at hand.

oh brother.
lol.gif
lol.gif
now the topic at hand has turned to wounds and what kind of salt you would prefer in them?

pot calling the kettle black sure does seem to fit here. it sure does.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Bad Dawg
If you want to throw in every other issue of the world into this topic, please don’t respond to my posts. It’s just a way to get the attention off of the topic at hand.

oh brother.
lol.gif
lol.gif
now the topic at hand has turned to wounds and what kind of salt you would prefer in them?

I will not argue this. You got me. And I take it back in regards to your screen name. You are pretty slick!

The motivation, to my guess, is fairly simple actually. I'm going to refer as subject matter the Tylenol murders in 1982. There was exactly 1 intended victim and everyone else was a smokescreen.

Shooter was obviously seriously screwed up and narcissistic enough he believed he would get away with it. Except there was 1 man with a gun wilLing to fight for others.

Originally Posted By: MerditOriginally Posted By: Bad Dawg

Ok. Let’s look at it from another point of view. Shall we allow citizens to posses tanks, rockets, military aircraft and even nukes? Why do we not allow this? The answer is simple. Because in the wrong hands these instruments can cause a significant amount of damage to a population in a very short time.

I believe some citizens do possess tanks, rockets, and military aircraft. Haven't heard of any of them being used in any killing sprees by private citizens, however. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can own a tank, and I can think of a couple that have been used in crimes.but only a couple.

Ok, how about this. The north Hollywood shootout. Two perps with full body armor and armed to the teeth with modified rifles to shoot full auto. Drum mags that out gun the police, cops even had to plunder rifles from a pawn shop as their 9 mils deflected from their body armor. Thousands of 762x39 and 5.56 rounds sprayed on a busy street and they don't kill not a single person. They could have dropped a lot more people with cheap bolt guns from Walmart, with half a day at the range and a couple boxes of shells. Ironically in this situation they are better off letting them have their scary guns.

These shooters are idiots. Must have trained with the taliban;

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Bad Dawg

oh brother.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Everyone wowondered deed when woody would be back
laugh.gif

Because no one was killed in this incident (besides the perps if I recall correctly) does not take away the fact that many other innocent men, women and children are killed in mass shootings here in our country, the USA.

The preferred weapon of many of the shooters is one that can do the most amount of damage in the shortest period of time, whether a rifle or a handgun. You don’t see these acts of evil being done with single shots and revolvers. It’s just a fact!

If someone is not part of the solution then they are part of the problem. That’s just the way the world works.

If sportsmen and responsible gun owners do not come together and try to find solutions to these mass shootings we will lose our rights. It doesn’t matter how loud you scream ‘outta my cold dead hands’. They will take your guns whether you are dead or alive.

Every time a mass shooting occurs, more people change their views about gun rights and vote accordingly!!!!!!

If someone believes these mass shootings are a conspiracy, you do not belong in any of these conversations and should do the world a favor and run in front of a bus. Sorry, that’s just how I feel!

Last edited:
Infidel, I had to edit the post from ‘you’ to ‘someone’ when I was typing about the conspiracy bit. By reading it you may have thought I was directing that towards you but in no way was I.

Last edited:
On the other hand it could be that giving in to the smallest degree will not satisfy control opponents in the least.
I say fight every inch of the way. Fight every round in every magazine.

Nobody need walk in front of the bus but it would be better if gun owners of different disciplines would stick together.
If rights are lost it will be because gun owners give up other gun owners rights because they practice a different discipline.
Why should lawful owners who shoot 3gun lose their sport for example.

Nothing would please control proponents more than gun owners turning on each other.

Citizens have rights not permissions issued by the government. They work for us not the other way around.Every inch ceded is an inch lost never to be regained.

Originally Posted By: hm1996BD, I respect your right to your beliefs and the fact that you are personally willing to abide by those beliefs, even if it is misguided, as opposed to many of the gun grabbing Hollywood and political types (with their three layers of armed security).

If it works for you, more power, however, let me point out a couple of fallacies.

1) Your giving up your right to own a certain firearm (or spoon for that matter) will do nothing to prevent such atrocities as occurred in TX or NV unless you personally were planning such a dastardly deed, which of course, you are not.

The chances of your firearm falling into the hands of a mass murderer are slim to none, assuming you take normal precautions any responsible firearm owner should, of course.

Furthermore, any law restricting ownership of firearms affects only law abiding citizens, not the criminal preparing for his crime spree. It is just "common sense" (to use the grabbers' own favorite gun control phrase) to realize that violating a gun law is of little concern to a criminal preparing to commit murder which is also against the law! What's one (minor) criminal violation, compared to the (major) violation of the laws against murder?

2) Availability of firearms, contrary to grabbers' claims, does not contribute to the crime rate.

Simple fact is, statistics prove the availability of firearms has no effect on crime rate other than very possibly preventing "a good guy with a gun" terminating the bad guy's spree. Click link below and scroll to page 6 for supporting charts/statistics:

Quote: Myth: The availability of guns causes crime
Fact: Though the number of firearms owned by private citizens has been increasing steadily since 1970, the overall rate of homicides and suicides has not risen.33 As the chart shows, there is no correlation between the availability of firearms and the rates of homicide and suicide in America

https://gunowners.org/pdf/2014gunfacts.pdf

These are just two of the myriad of facts which need to be considered in any intelligent attempt to reduce criminal misuse of firearms or any other tools in the commission of such heinous acts.

And while we are at it, perhaps more attention could/should be given to criminal/mental records as opposed to placing all the blame on inanimate objects.

3) The perpetrator in every mass shooting in the past several years was either mentally troubled, on mind altering drugs, or a brainwashed fanatic.

It would seem to me that targeting such misguided individuals would be much more productive in preventing these tragedies than would gun control. After all, those who have been responsible for many of these attacks around the world have used bombs, gasoline, trucks, etc. with equally deadly results.

The perpetrator of the last tragedy, for instance:

1) Was convicted of Domestic violence, served 12 months in prison and received a "less than honorable" discharge for beating and pointing a loaded firearm at his spouse and hitting his 11 month old son hard enough to crack his skull!

2) Had attempted to smuggle firearms on a military base after making death threats against his chain of command.

3) Had previously escaped from a mental institution in New Mexico.

The warnings were clear, but unfortunately fell through the cracks.

Regards,
hm

Hm, I don’t believe I am misguided, although I do respect your opinion to label me as such.

You’ve made some valid points, but I still have to go back to the fact that we as a society have decided that instruments of warfare do not belong in the hands of the general population for the simple reason that they have the power to inflict a massive amount of destruction in a short period of time.

I never mentioned that I was willing to give up my right to own an AR. It is a personal choice to not own one. My right to own one is still in place, for now.

I don’t believe all laws are implemented to take away the rights of people. Many, many laws are just common sense. Unfortunately, many people in our society do not operate on common sense. That’s why these laws are in place. If it were not for these laws we would be living in an anarchist society. Currently, I think we all can relate to what that looks like if we’ve been following the news in regards to antifa and the riots.

I agree that the availability of firearms does not contribute to the crime rate. But I also believe that the availability of some ‘types’ of firearms do contribute to mass shootings.

I understand the perp had a history of violence and it sure was a contributing factor in him committing this evil act. What about Stephen Paddock though? He had no criminal record and no history of a violent past. There is no way of using a system that is currently in place to screen an individual. The fact is, many people with no criminal/violent history snap, and the other end of the spectrum is many people that may have had run ins with the law or a rough upbringing change and become productive members of society.

Back