Are the .17cals really All That?

I second the LE Wilson trimmer. You have to buy a separate cutter for the 17 rem but the shell holder is the same one used for a 223 or 222 so I can use it for my AR and my CZ 17 rem. not a huge deal. I think the extra cutter is around $20 from Sinclair. It is definitely the most accurate trimmer I have used thus far.

Yep, Sinclair/Wilson Ultimate Stainless trimmer for me. It has the micrometer on it & is so easy to dial up the length you want ... and then your off to trimming! Accurate is an understatement. May not be the fastest trimmer but I'm not in a race when I reload & I do it for the accuracy, not volume.
wink.gif

Still need to get a .17 cutter for mine along with the 17Rem case holder

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbySlacker !!!
lol.gif

I thought you have owned .17's in the past. Surprises me that your not already setup Tim.

I've owned lots of rifles that I didn't load for.

Originally Posted By: RePeteHe did all of his testing and deemed the 17Rem a poor choice for Fox using factory ammo.
whistle.gif

grin.gif

Yep this is true, 2 diff factory 25's = bad stuff !
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: K_V_VI second the LE Wilson trimmer. You have to buy a separate cutter for the 17 rem but the shell holder is the same one used for a 223 or 222 so I can use it for my AR and my CZ 17 rem. not a huge deal. I think the extra cutter is around $20 from Sinclair. It is definitely the most accurate trimmer I have used thus far.

Right you are.
Not only can the same case holder be used on multiple cartridges, but if you simply order the trimmer with a 17 cutter you can use that cutter all the way up to 243. Maybe bigger, but that's as far as I've gone.

So are you implying that my 30gr Kindlers won't be nice to an occasional fox? I guess I'm just going to have to try it out for myself!
grin.gif

I guess my momma teaching me how to sew will be paying off someday.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: RePeteHe did all of his testing and deemed the 17Rem a poor choice for Fox using factory ammo.
whistle.gif

grin.gif

Yep this is true, 2 diff factory 25's = bad stuff !
grin.gif

Just bustin your balls Tim.
I'm not a Fox hunter but I'm sure there's a reason many concider the 22Mag the "best" round for Fox.
Hopefully you can get all them Coyotes kilt and your Fox will bounce back.
That'll give you a good excuse to test drive a 17HH.

I knows you messing around. I can take it , bring it.
lol.gif

The 17 HH may be the only factory rifle I ever buy in the future that stays factory. Fox, g-hogs, sagerats !
wub.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeThe 17 HH may be the only factory rifle I ever buy . Fox, g-hogs, sagerats !
wub.gif

C'Mon ... I know you've owned an LVSF or two. They was made in a factory.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeI knows you messing around. I can take it , bring it.
lol.gif

The 17 HH may be the only factory rifle I ever buy in the future that stays factory. Fox, g-hogs, sagerats !
wub.gif

Here ,fixed it !
tt2.gif

Last edited:
... about the part "that stays factory", I find a little hard to believe. You might reconsider leaving that statement the way you originally had it.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke

wub.gif

I hear ya.
Several guys I trust that are shootin factory ammo in their box stock CZ 17HH's are posting some pretty impressive results.
Maybe I'm getting old (maybe he11) but the idea of just buying ammo and going shooting's starting to really interest me.
Probably why the new Winny 17superduper's spiked my interest.

Last edited:
Back