6mmx45 AR Complete Uppers starting at $450

Originally Posted By: jspencerHow long is this offer going to last? I'd like to get one, but need to get some cash together.
I would contact New frontier and ask as I have not seen a deadline. You can get on the list at least and go from there. The 20" are still 2 weeks out to be made.

Price is likely to go up $50 this week.

We ran it for over a month, and we've honored that price, but because of some mfg changes, we need to increase it soon. Once we figure the exact amount out, we'll let you guys know, but it shouldn't be more than $50, and its still a smoking price for as good as it shoots!

Originally Posted By: GuidoPrice is likely to go up $50 this week.

Does this apply to orders that have already been placed?

Anyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

It may not go up at all, but we're waiting to hear back on a few cost changes from mfg's we use for parts.

We'll get back with you guys early this week with a definite answer on price and a way to preorder them on our website.

Originally Posted By: GuidoAnyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

My email dont say anything about putting a deposit down or prepaying or I would have. It says I would be contacted for payment when it was done.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: GuidoAnyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

My email dont say anything about putting a deposit down or prepaying or I would have. It says I would be contacted for payment when it was done.

No mention on mine either Guido.

Mon 9/27/2010 4:37 PM

"Okay you are on the list, the uppers are about 2 weeks out."

Last edited:
And as the bbls have been trickling in we are contacting everyone in order.

Not for nothing, but we're doing this at almost a ZERO profit for you guys to get our name out there and help you guys out, so if you think its wrong for us to at least not lose money on these uppers, then maybe you should buy one of the identicals being sold for $700-$800 plus on here instead of ours for $450 - $499.

Not trying to be an [beeep] about this, but it is what it is. We are working in order of e-mail recieved, just like we said we would. I didn't take money form anyone until they were a week out or less, and putting a deposit down would not have bumped you up on the list any faster either.

My email:

Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:56 AM
To: Sales@NewFrontierArmory.com
Subject: Placing an order for a 6x45 upper with 18" barrel

Please put my name on the waiting list for one of the 6x45 uppers that you are advertising for $450 on the Predatormasters website. I would like the 18" barrel and the floated handguard version.

Thank you,

Your reply:

Sent: Mon 9/27/2010 4:37 PM

RE: Placing an order for a 6x45 upper with 18" barrel

Okay you are on the list, the uppers are about 2 weeks out.

Guido,
your profit margin is none of my business. Personally, I hope you have a successful and profitable business that provides good jobs for lots of people.

But you priced your product, and advertised it at that price. I sent you an email committing to the purchase of your product at your advertised price, and then you sent me back an email confirming my committment to the purchase. You made no mention of any price other than your advertised price of $450 plus $20 shipping costs, until you posted this comment on 10/14:
"Price is likely to go up $50 this week."

Thank you for your suggestion:
"maybe you should buy one of the identicals being sold for $700-$800 plus on here instead of ours for $450 - $499.

I will certainly do that, because, first of all, I can be sure that the price on their invoice will be the same price as when I placed the order, and second of all, I'll NEVER do business with anybody that is rude and arrogant enough to tell a customer to take their business elsewhere.

Jeff Preston

Last edited:
I like the way you think Jeff .
wink.gif

Jeff, I'm not being arrogant. You didn't place an order, there was no exchange of funds, etc. I did price the uppers at the cost of materials and parts at the time, and I did it correctly. I'm sorry you weren't farther up on the list then you were, but I did it in order of the e-mails I've recieved.

My cost of materials went up, so I have to refigure the price, its simple as that. I have to relook at some numbers, and as I said in my last post, it may not effect the price at all, or it could be at most $50. For the product that you get for that money, I'm very confident it won't be an issue for most. If it is, thats the customers choice, not much we can do about it.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be an [beeep] about it, but things change that are out of our control.

And Jeff, please don't take my words out of context.....you conveniently forgot the first part of my sentance in your quote.

I did not say you should take your business elsewhere, I said if you have a problem with us trying to break even to get you guys these at a great price, then maybe you should.

All we did was ask some questions based upon the new information you are giving.If you need money up front t order the parts to keep my price from going up then tell me.

Originally Posted By: GuidoAnyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

Originally Posted By: GuidoI didn't take money form anyone until they were a week out or less, and putting a deposit down would not have bumped you up on the list any faster either.

So did some put down deposits or not? I dont see where anyone made a comment about getting bumper up on the list for putting a deposit. I did find two posts where people asked about putting a deposit down with no reply back to it. So those of us who have not heard anything yet are still more than 1 week out? That means I am still 2-3 weeks out beyond the original 2-3 weeks I was told. I dont mind waiting but would like to have a realistic time frame instead of adding time to it.

Originally Posted By: GuidoIt may not go up at all, but we're waiting to hear back on a few cost changes from mfg's we use for parts.
When we placed our order with you, didnt the parts get ordered to build them? If so you would have the original price for them. That means it could go up again before I see mine.

Originally Posted By: Guidoif you think its wrong for us to at least not lose money on these uppers, then maybe you should buy one of the identicals being sold for $700-$800 plus on here instead of ours for $450 - $499.

Not trying to be an [beeep] about this, but it is what it is. We are working in order of e-mail recieved, just like we said we would

Nobody said you shouldnt make a profit. But when you give a price and people order it, you dont jack up the price before they receive it. If you cant handle the orders you are recieving then say so and stop taking them. I would be willing to pay the extra $50 but dont care for the customer service attitude at this point. Maybe I should take your advice and order from one of the custom builders. At least their customer service is proven and well recommended.

Originally Posted By: GuidoNot for nothing, but we're doing this at almost a ZERO profit for you guys to get our name out there

You are doing that. But it is not looking good now.

We can only order as many parts as the mfg's and distro's have in stock guys.....not sure why I'm getting burned on a cross here for trying to help, but oh well....its part of doing business.

I just refigured a few things to see how we can keep these prices as low as possible.

Here's what I'm going to do to make it fair for everyone, and try to keep everyone happy.

And I'm sorry if it seems like I had an attitude, but I just figured for all the effort we're putting into these as a favor to you guys we'd get a little understanding.

I will add both the 18" and 20" uppers to the webstore today and send an e-mail out to everyone that has sent us one that hasn't recieved their upper yet with a link on where to physically order it.

The price for the 18" will stay the same: $450

The price for the 20" will be $465

Shipping will be calculated automatically during check out with actual UPS insured costs.

I would love to have exact dates for these uppers to be ready, but a few of our suppliers have been slow getting parts out to us. We also get told "yes, they will be there next week" and they haven't even shipped yet.

I apologize for any confusion, and I'll post up the links to these products as soon as I have them live on the website.

I also apologize if I sounded snippy, I assure you I wasn't trying to come off the wrong way, I'm just pulling my hair out trying to make this happen! I'll work harder to keep my cool in the future, and I promise you guys will have a great shooting upper!!

As soon as your suppliers can get your parts to you and you have them let us know. I think I would find new suppliers if they cant tell you the truth about items being shipped. If they tell you that you will have them next week, ask for the tracking number. If they were shipped, they will have one.

If I understand you correctly, those of us that have sent an email to get on the list now have to order through the website and start again.

You're not starting anything again. I didn't want to charge anyone up front for these until we knew when we'd have the rest of the parts. The e-mail was an e-mail showing intrest so we can contact people in order.

The problem with that is, as I've gone down the list, I get people that say they only have enough to pay half now, don't have the money for a week or two more, etc, etc, which holds up the line for guys waiting to pay and recieve their uppers.

As far as the suppliers go.....its 90% of them in this industry. You wouldn't believe me unless you saw it for yourself. You (and I) would think that when I order XX amount of widgets and they say they're in stock that they should go out the same day, but most places its 4 days to 2 weeks processsing time.

I just sent an e-mail out to everyone that had e-mailed and shown intrest in the uppers.

Black Hole Weaponry has told us the 20" bbls started shipping late last week, so we should have the first batch of these put together and tested by the end of next week.

Sorry about the scare about the price, I'm glad we were able to keep the 18" 6mm the same as we started. The 20" was never prices, and is of course more, but its a very minimal increase.

Thank you to those of you that have ordered and sent back all the target pictures and great reviews.

We're happy to build these uppers for you and looking forward to serving even more of the members here at Preadtor Masters in the future!

Here is the e-mail that went out today to all of the customers who have contacted us in regards to these uppers:

Thank you for contacting us regarding purchasing a custom AR-15 upper receiver. We currently have 3 models available for sale on our website, but we can also build to order. If one of these does not suit your needs, please e-mail us with your exact specifications with the title of “CUSTOM UPPER” in the subject line of the e-mail. We will get back to you with a quote as soon as we possibly can.

Here are the links to the 3 current production uppers on our website for you to order online:

.223 / 5.56 Complete 16" Upper with Free Float Quad Rail for $499

6mm x 45 Complete 18" Upper with Free Float Tube for $450

6mm x 45 Complete 20" Upper with Free Float Tube for $465

As it stands today (17 Oct) these uppers have a 5-10 day lead time for building and testing. They will be built in the order that PAID ORDERS are received.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: GuidoAnyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

x2, I would of put money down if I had known as well.
I did not see any mention of the 20" being a tad more since we all thought it was $450 for the 18" or 20" upper according to the group buy post. No email recieved stated the 20" was going to be more other than my "Put me on the list for a $450 20" upper" and Ok you are on the list reply.
Did we miss that part?

FYI...I just ordered my 20" as the total price to WY is just $10 more anyway.

The group buy was for 18" uppers if you re-read the first post, and everyone that did order, might order, or will order an 18" upper will still get it for $450.

I'm not sure where there is any confusion, because I just read through all 5 pages of this thread and not once did I price a 20" upper.

Please leave this thread for people who are inrested in getting a deal on this upper. I'm not going to turn this into a debate. We have something for sale. If you'd like to buy it, you can buy it, if not, thats fine too.

We haven't screwed anyone out of money, product, etc. Everyone who has paid for these have received them and are MORE than satisfied for what they got for their money.

I'm sorry that you think its unreasonable that a 20" bbl would cost more than an 18" bbl. But it is what it is.

You're email didn't say anything about putting down a deposit or paying for it because it wasn't your turn yet. I'm still not sure where the confusion is. When I got bbl's in, we went down the list of e-mails IN ORDER, took payment and built their uppers.

Originally Posted By: 5spdOriginally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: GuidoAnyone that has already paid or placed a deposit will be locked in at the old price.

x2, I would of put money down if I had known as well.
I did not see any mention of the 20" being a tad more since we all thought it was $450 for the 18" or 20" upper according to the group buy post. No email recieved stated the 20" was going to be more other than my "Put me on the list for a $450 20' upper" and Ok you are on the list reply.
Did we miss that part?

Back