Predator Masters Hunt (east) cont.

You know me Chet, I can barely think at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Except when and what will be my next meal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Predator Masters Eastern Rendezvous
Land Between the Lakes, Feb. 8, 2003

Ok guys,
I sent popgun an email tonight asking him to put the date and Jimmie's motel info on our web page. It may take a little while to update it, keep checking back.

web page link:
http://pmeasthunt.freeservers.com/

Bopeye and I are going to saddle up the mules and take a trip to LBL around the first of August for a little motel info scouting and look about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It's about a 200 mile ride, one way for us, I hope the mules hold up.

Bopeye,
A big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WOW! I got to looking at a topo map of LBL that Chet sent me. Looks like some rough country for sure. Gonna have to get me a good topo of the area and drag my trusty compass out of retirement.

Haven't done much land navigation using map and compass in a few years. Looks like it might behoove me to brush up on it again.

BTW Chet, my mule said she wasn't going to go, she wants to stay home with the kids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Maybe we can find some other way of getting there.

Just for the record, if I wanted her to know I said that, I will tell her. LOL

Topo Map?

The active hyperlink to Topo Zone is: http://www.topozone.com

This page link is to a small portion of the Tennessee section of LBL. With this site you may be able to tell a little more about what it looks like. The map can moved north, south, east, and west also enlarged and defined as needed.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=16&n=4053759&e=411114&s=200&loc=Dover

TopoZone Map Licensing Program:
For reference only: All material is owned and copyrited by: topozone.com

Does anyone have an idea of the population of coyotes on LBL.I just got back from Tennessee and it sure is nice down there.My friend and i are still interested in coming down if you guys will have us.Thanks

Hello Carl, To my knowledge the coyote's in this region have family territories of 20 to 25 square miles. They may be slightly larger or smaller in the LBL. A family group may be from 6 to 12 animals. The sizes of the territories are shrinking with each passing year as the population grows. Here in my part of this county that is down to about eighteen square miles per group. In another part of the county they are still at 25. I believe we will find the same or similar varience in the LBL Depending on terrain and food availablity.

Each major drainage should have at least one group calling it home.I count at least twenty drainages large enough to hold a group in Tenn. alone. Fuguring in transients and groups that's more than 180 animals for that portion of the LBL.Thats a lot fo dogs!

Make plans and come on down. We'd love to have you join us.

I've sent a letter to the biologist asking these same questions and a few others. Depending on how big a problem coyote's are for him in his work will be how much time he has devoted to their study.This will dictate his knowledge and answers.I asked questions about the main diet at that time of year, population density, what effect on the deer herd etc. He is a working field biologist so it will take a while for him to answer. Jimmie

Just an idea.

If we have a central location such as the main camping area to meet in the mornings. We could coordinate where each party will go to hunt, how long, etc.

That way we won't be hunting on top of one another and will lessen the chances of spoiling the hunt for someone else. Just an idea. I'm sure we will come up with several before February.

I for one will have my blaze orange jacket to walk into and out of stands. Don't want anyone mistaking me for the fattest coyote they ever saw.

Just for the record and to possibly help someone else out. I will be carrying in an Advantage Camo sleeping bag. This way I won't have to wear as much clothes and can crawl in it and stay toasty warm. It's rated for -20 degrees. Just a thought for others. There's no predicting the weather that month.

Might even snooze a little in it while my partner calls his heart out. Just kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Not a bad idea Bopeye. We could draw for zones or watershed drainages depending on how many hunters show up. Draw again at noon or saturday night.Not everybody is going to work the same ground the same way.The bigger the zone the more hunters we could put in it.Zones 12, 13 ,15 arethe largest in tenn. so they could stand the extras.

If you would like to look these zones up at topo zone I'll give you the major creeks in each one . For zone 11 , rushing creeks. zone 12,crockette branch and creek.13 byrd creek.14 fox hollow. 15there are several but hughes and dry fork creek get my attention the most.16 would be panther creek and lost creek.All of these have good road access as well. There are several more watersheds in each zone to choose from as far as the hunt goes.This is just to help find the different zones.

I reckon all the ky boys are on the lakes fishing.I'd like to hear from them what they think about this little shindig. Jimmie

You all are GOOD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jimmie,
I'll trade you Bopeye for.... nevermind, I would not do that to you all! :eek:

I'm still waiting for Aug.1 to roll around, the new facts sheet will be out then. Bopeye and I are going to head over your way as soon as he has time. Too danged hot to do any scouting now anyway except the beach areas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

edit: fast trigger finger...

Hello Huntercluas, We would love to have you join us. This hunt is open to everyone on the board. The more the merrier. I hope to learn something new from everyone that attends . Jimmie

Hey guys,

I've been off-line for awhile trying to move and wrap up t-ball season. T-ball is finally over, I had to force them to lose a game, so we could be eliminated from the tournament. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Moved into the house we bought, ain't settled yet, but at least got my junk here.

It so good to be back here and see what everyone is up too.

We still going around the first of August Chet?
I can't wait brother.
I mean I CAN'T WAIT! YEEEEHAW!

Well I got some catching up to do reading all these posts so I'll close for now.
I like the zone thing Jimmie.

Anyone up for a chili dog? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10/4 on the chili dog Bopeye. I hope you guys come up the first part of Aug. I get back in town on aug 2nd. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I was just sitting here doing next to nothing and got to wondering something.
How many people will be definates at the PM East Hunt?
How many more than likely?
How many maybes?
How many gonna tries?
How many can't goes?

Just wondering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care and good hunting.

Edit due to spelling. :rolleyes: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

How many more than likely?
How many maybes?
How many gonna tries?
How many can't goes?
------- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif -------

More than likely, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
but maybe
if Doc and Bopeye are gonna try
to eat all those chili dogs, :eek:
I can't goes. :rolleyes:

Chet,

I sent an email to TWRA regarding some of the more idiotic rules. The responder said "they'd look into it" and "thanks for my concern/input". I ain't holding my breath for intelligent changes.

I'm gonna be breaking in a T/C Contender in 7-30 Waters (14in) come late August/early September.

If you've sent email in the last 2-3 weeks, I'm not blowing anyone off. One of my hard drives toasted it's self before I had my new OS all tweaked and backed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and I've been just majorly overloaded.

As for Feb. That's just a generally good month. Houses get built real slow in the winter.

Back