What do you do to feed the wife and kids?

WORK FOR A TRUCKING COMPANY HERE IN NORTHERN COLO. FOR THE PAST 25 YRS .JUST WORK LOCAL NOW AND UNLOAD LOTS OF SALT AND POTASH. AT NIGHT AND WEEKENDS I WORK ON BOLT ACTION - VARMINT AND BENCHREST RIFLES AND TRY TO DO A LITTLE YOTE HUNTING.

What a great thread, its nice to see what some of the people you talk to on a weekly basis do when they aren't wasting time here.

I have been a Real Estate Appraiser for about 7 years since graduating from Baylor down in Waco Texas. I also have a couple sets of mini-warehouse facilities and help out with my family's endevors. That is where most of my hunging opportunities come from, we buy and sell recreational hunting ranches. Wish I could do that full time, but at the present my only compesation is the ability to hunt as I wish.

I work for a County Welfare Department (guess where). I get to give away your tax dollars to drug users who don't want to support their kids. I get all of my taxes back, plus some of yours, as my salary.

Thanks guys!

P.S. It's a $hitty job and the laws governing welfare need to be changed. Way too much $$$ being spent on "feel good" stuff that is a waste of your money and mine.

Last edited:
I am a Certified Dookyologist.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Service Plumbing Contractor

In Christ,

Song Dog

I agree that it is fun to see the diversity here.
I run a nursing home in Grangeville, ID. I also recently started a web design company and a photography/framing business. As if one job didn't keep me busy enough. Can't forget Scoutmaster for a BSA troop, which at times (ie. this evening) wouldn't be worth the pay if it did pay. I am glad my wife works with me on our businesses or I would see her a lot less and then it wouldn't be worth it.

oxnam

Last edited:
Senior Kick Boxer, 70-75 division.

DSCN2667-1.jpg

I worked for a few years with Troubled kids at a group home, also worked for 8-9 years as a Bail Bond Recovery Agent (thank you Lee Majors for the inspiration and the hot tub idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif)
then got remarried (hot tub thing worked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) and the new wife said no more of that nonesense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif and now Im back in the family business as an Insulation contractor, keeping the world warm and itchy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

Used to be a golf professional, got married and had to get a real job. Now I'm a letter carrier for the post office and going through a divorce so I might go back to golf LOL.

ive been an animal control officer for 7 years. thats what feeds the ex,my three kids and her new spawn. shure dont leave nothing to feed me.

Started off as a bookbinder during high school. Neighbor owned a book binding shop. Went to landscaping in college. Now an Attorney. Self employed. I represent a large firearms dealer in my home town. Ergo, I have a lot of firearms courtesy of the dealer. All legit of course but now more than I can shoot.

My best clients are hard core hunters and also good friends. When one guy gets an idea for a hunt, a few phone calls are made and a group seems to show up. I get to spend a lot of time chasing animals around North America.

My wife is an attorney as well but she came from solid Eastern Oregon hunting stock. No Hillary voters in my house. Both of her brothers are big time shotgunners. Doesn't [beeep] when I go off chasing game.

I also coach wrestling in junior high and officate college matches. Working with the kids is probably the most important thing I do all day. We get some at risk kids from time to time and I think we might have turned one or two around.

Will be retiring soon. Got my Polaris Ranger all lined up to cart me around the high desert of Eastern Oregon for whatever game is in season. My brother and cousin have ranches in that country and I can see myself lending a hand from time to time; fencing, feeding, branding, predator hunting, etc.. Times are a little tough out there with fuel and hay prices they way they are.

Back