Baiting

Just want to wish everyone of you a very "Merry Christmas" on this Christmas Eve. I'm sure some of your will have a white Christmas. Here, we have a heavy frost this morning that will look like snow when the sun beings to lighten things up a little, but that's as close as we will get to snow this Christmas.

It has been a tough year here on the bait pile. I've only taken one coyote since July 1, and had one other visitor a few months back. Glad to see some of you are having great success. Congrats on that! My turn will come again one of these days. Who knows, Santa might bring a coyote for Christmas.

Back at ya DU. No white Christmas here, its supposed to be 65 degrees today and 72 tomorrow. Been slow here over the last 3 months or so but have a pair that come by occasionally. Heard them howling last night and they were close but had company over and couldnt break away to get after them. Maybe in the next few days. Merry Christmas to all my baiting friends.

Thank you, Owen and Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here. If you see Santa, tell him I have a coyote shortage too. God bless all of you.

A very Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and your families!
God bless and stay safe.

I am submitting the video from last night's hunt where I shot and completely missed a very nice Red dog.

A reminder to stay humble, and don't give up, but stay true to your endeavor.
(I'll be back out tonight after that same Red!)

Very nice video Gobbler, stay after em!

And a very Merry Christmas back at you all!! Hope all is well and may we all be blessed with a coyote for Christmas.

Gobbler, looked to me as if you were on target, but maybe just a bit low. If you pulled the shot, then I couldn’t tell.

6- I thought I was on too.At best low on the gut,but no. Bullet went into the tree behind the fox. No blood, no fur and that same fox came back to the bait later the same night. He was around tonight but never came in to the bait. I have so educated him.

Very cold this morning at -2F and 6" of new snow. I have been seeing a few on the trail cams, but not interested in bait. So, I'm hoping this weather will be switching things on.
4 AM this morning on the 170. .243 AR with a 75 gr Sierra hp. Center punched her and she never took a step. About a silver dollar sized exit. This will be my 2nd coyote kill with the thermal, and my first on the new .243 AR. I am satisfied with the way it performed. Lets hope for some more test subjects!
The first pic is from my bench at 170 yds through the binos for reference.

1229 by jrhranch, on Flickr

1229(2) by jrhranch, on Flickr

1229(3) by jrhranch, on Flickr

Nice!! Glad your new build worked for you. Fresh snow and cold temps should break your slow spell. It's just cold here... no snow yet.

AR,
Its my old DPMS LR308. I've had it for years and never shot it. It was a 1.5" gun. So, I spun the barrel off and screwed on a Wilson Combat .243. So far, I'm satisfied with it's performance. Just under 10 lbs loaded up with optic, so not too bad I didn't think. My chassis 22-250 was over 10 lbs.

That’s a good job, BP at 170 yards. Pretty cold there too.

Last night a coyote showed up at my bait site, but it’s raining tonight so I couldn’t hunt. Hoping to tomorrow night and hope he will return. Those last two coyotes showed on the 7th, so it’s been three weeks inbetween.

Yesterday I mounted and sighted the new AGM Rattler TS25 on my 6x45 Dtech AR. Hoping to get some action with that outfit soon. Last year the Pulsar Apex thermal and 6.5 Grendel had a good season.

Had a pair come in @ 5:30am this morning. Got the male on the 175 bait site. The female stopped @ 300 to look back one last time. 22-204ai w/53 v-max again

[img:left][/img]

Back