Your Bow

I have a Hoyt Carbon Matrix and a G5 Primal. Both have G5 Optix XR sights. I have a QAD pro rest on the Matrix and a Hostage Pro rest on the Primal. I think I like the QAD better and will get another one soon. I shoot Carbon Xpress Aramid arrows. The Carbon Matrix is everything they say it is and then some. It's expensive but I would buy another one. The Primal I got while waiting to find a Matrix but I really like it too. G5's are very high quality bows. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOld style, 1972 Ben Pierson recurve and a 1985 Bear compound.
Thanks dogcatcher
thumbup.gif
, I was beginning to think that I was the only old school bowhunter on here.

Ben Pearson Cougar recurve, ash arrows & zwickeys.
Blue Mountain razorback, ACC 360s, Thunderhead 125s
(The old razorback won me a pile of 3D trophies and
a ton of venison)
Mathews MQ1 (My son commandeered it)
PSE Fireflite, Easton Epics & Thunderheads

Originally Posted By: Gander D. BanderSo is the Carbon Matrix really worth 1600 bucks? Or does you Primal shoot just as good. Honestly....

I have to say that yes, it absolutley is worth the extra cash. Dont get me wrong...the Primal is a very, very nice bow in all regards but no other bow I have tried handled and shot as good as the CM. I last shot a bow in 2005, I had a Mathews Outback. I hurt my shoulder and was unable to shoot until just recently. When it was time to get a bow so much has changed and so many new advances I really took my time and tried alot of bows. There are really no "bad" ones out there, they are all way better than what I was used to. The Primal takes a little bit better archer to shoot as accurate where the CM can easily make an average shooter look better than he really is. I cannot shoot the scores with the Primal I can shoot with the CM. No doubt there are guys out there that can, it's just that I am not one of them so I have to pay extra to be able to shoot like that. With enough practice if my shoulder holds out I will get to that point again but for now...
Kind of like the guy in college not being on the football team but still dating cheerleaders because he has a Ferrari.

Does owning a bow dealership count as i have a bunch of Bowtech Destroyers and Admirals plus some Elites ordered lol!

I have 3 custom made takedown recurves. 2 are Bears Paw lightspeeds, and one is a custom Big Horn, that might be that last one made before Bud Boker died. Actually his in house Bowyer had to finish it himself after Bud Died. For me traditional equipment will never let you down. Sorry no pictures

Mark2

I had a PSE Brute 28 DL at 65 Pounds. Victory Arrows with Starrflight Fobs. Vital Bow gear Single Pin Startrack Slider sight. Bohning Lynx Quiver. PSE Prowler Drop Away. Paradigm Archery S.O.S 11.5 inches. It can be changed to three different lengths if needed. 100 grain Grim Reaper HADES Fixed Broad heads. Battle Drum Arrow Wraps. I fell this spring while Turkey hunting off some shale rock and took a bad tumble. Ended up destroying most of the bow. So now i'm looking for a New bow. I also have a Browning Cobra at 50 pounds.

GEDC0263.jpg

Archeryfletching003.jpg

BowPics015.jpg

I'm shooting a Mathews Drenalin 50#'s and a mid 1970's bear Super Kodiak at 45#'s. I shoot off the shelf with the SK and have a HHA drop away set up on the drenalin with a tru-ball release.

here's the super K (don't have pics of the Dren)

here this is a pic of my bow from a couple years back
and the bow still shoots as good today
its a Buckmasters BTR from walmart
i am set up for 65 lb draw with 30 in drawlenght
it has 80% letoff
and any critter ive shot out t 40 yards didnt know the difference between being shot with this $250 bow or a 1000 dollar bow
SANY0082.jpg

Bowtech 08 General with the upgrade limbs.
M.R.Hamilton Scorpion custom longbow.
Martin/Howatt Hunter recurve.
Blackhawk hybrid longbow.
Indian all glass recurve.
Next?Probably a JD Berry longbow.

Mathews drenalin camo 60lbs at 26"
Mathews drenalin black 60lbs at 26"
Elite GTO next camo 60lbs at 26"
Bowtech Tribute max1 60lbs at 26"

Checkmate crusader longbow 58lbs at 28"
Great Northern super ghost recurve 61lbs at 26"
Bow river whitetailer longbow 59lbs at 26"
Robertson mystic longbow 63lbs at 28"

And lastly a bow i dont shoot but own for nostailga as its far to heavy for me is an american archery john shulz cougar
longbow 78lbs at 27"

WOW a Max-1 Tribute! I love Max-1 and have debated haveing one of my bows and all the goodies dipped in this color.

Post up some pics of that thing!

I shoot a Redhead bow, the first ones they offered, in o4 or o5, it's the 32 inch model and they were mabe by hoyt. You can get them really cheap now in the bass pro outlet stores. It's set up with Trophy taker fall-away,Nap stabilizer, Copper john site,Limbsaver silencers, 26 in draw, shooting 26.5in Goldtip 5575's, at 62pds. Tipped with Muzzy mx3,or Rage 2blades, both 100 grain. scott Mongoose release. Not new or expensive, but the 3 shot groups the size of an apple at 50 yds wouldn't tell you that. It's also real quite!

I like my Bear Lights Out, wasn't sure I could get used to the high brace height, but it really is fun to shoot. Whisker Biscuit rest,Carbon Expresses about 26.5" cut back to almost touching the whiskers(I miss my overdraw),older Trophy Ridge 3 pin with one pin removed. Limbsaver stablizer. I'll shoot most any quality 100 grn 3 blade chisel point fixed that my set-up likes. Used to have more time to shoot a little 3D, this one is just an easy shooting treestand whitetail set-up.

PSE x force dream season, alpine softlok quiver, N-Fused arrows blazer vanes and 125 gr sonic heads. Pse drop away rest and a sight I absolutely love but can't think of the name at this moment.....
Good huntin,
Scott

pse fitzgerald/nova
pulling 61 lbs 28.5 inch draw

trophy ridge hitman fiber optic 3 pin sight
trophy ridge whisker biscuit
carbon express 50/60 30 inch arrows,

thats my rig and im sticking to it
wink.gif

Back