Wyoming Weekend II, anyone...???

scattergunner....

Cast is off...not a moment too soon, but the Doc put me in a "removable" splint....so, I'm still not all the way up to par.... As a matter of fact, it just came off about an hour ago...

This trip might not be good for me....or rather the wife....but she is out of town right now, and until she returns, I can't make a "committment". But do not fear, it isn't a lack of wanting to go...its just a lack of the lovely bride's understanding!

We'll see what happens....

13Fox,

i understand how it goes with the womenfolk, believe me. Just ask yoteeee about a phone call I received from my wife as we were headed back, at about Evanston. Apparently, I had fogotten to explain the subtle differences between "goin' duck huntin'" (what I spend the most time doing)and "goin' prarie dog huntin'." See, duck hunting means I drive 10-30 minutes from my home, hunt until the ducks stop flying (usually about 11:00), and then head home. Obviously, this is not the case for most varmint hunts. I got an ear-full to say the least. But like that country song says, the truth of the matter is I'm not wrong and I'm not sorry... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Well, hope you can make it.

Rudedawg,

Yep, Salt Lake would be the closest major airport. From there, it's about 2.5 hours to where we'll be hunting. We'll be posting a meeting place and time fairly soon, or sending it via email. Drop me an email and I'll make sure you're updated with all the when's and where's.

Thanks Ran!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What a diference 24 hours can make!
Return trip to Tucson canceled! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Trip to New York postponed till the end of June! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hunting once again becomes a priority! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Now I need to get the new modifications on the chair finished before the 31st.

Ken

Ken,
What mods are you making to your bench? If I'm going to rip off your design, I might as well get the upgrades too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Or you talking about your coyote chair? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif )

Paul

Paul
The changes are intended for the chair, to give it more of a bench rest shooting possition and rifle rest, while extending the swing angle.
The table still needs some modifications to level it better, and make the seat fold away instead of being removed.
After I'm done, then we'll talk about royalties! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif lol

OK all you PM P-dog Punishers, listen up!

We have settled on the date of May 31, 2003 for this thing to go down. Now, we need a a place for the convoy to assemble before heading out to the P-dog towns, and a time at which to do so.

I propose the following; that any PM'er desiring to be a part of this shoot, be at Ft. Bridger State Historic Site (near the entrance. If there's an entrance fee, just outside the fee booth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) in Ft. Bridger, WY, just south of the Ft. Bridger Exit off I-80, at 12:00 hours, sharp!

Sound like a plan? Do you want to meet earlier? Later? Somewhere else? Let me know.

My rationale for meeting at the fort is a)a place where everyone in that area knows of, so if anyone gets lost some friendly local-yokel can easily direct them onto the fort. b)It's a place important to our nation's history, especially as it pertains to the settlement of the west. So the folks from away can easily take in a bit of the local historical-type places. As far as why I chose noon, well, I figure that'd give those with some driving to do more of a chance to get there and not be too rushed. Plus, it'll still be a might cool, I'm sure, so prime shooting hours won't be until afternoon anywho.

Let me know what y'all think.

Scatter, I am going to try and make it if I can. Sorry, I accidentally deleted your email before I could respond. Never shot Pdogs before, how much ammo you think I will need? Just a guesstimate. Thanks

I would love to be there but as for now the money factor is kicking my a$$ again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I graduate on the 25th. Anyone ever use there graduation money to go P-dog hunting? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dogcatcher
How much ammo you bring really depends on your shooting style, and how many weapons you want to have cooling off while you shoot another! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I find that any time I take less than 200 rounds, I end up running to some town looking for more ammo, because it turned into a busy afternoon. Having said that, it is not unheard of, to shoot less than 100 rounds. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif This also comes back to your shooting style. I for one, have a stuborn streek when it comes to homeing in on a target that is too far away, or it is too windy (gusting), to make a one shot kill! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It's still a game of inches, no matter who tells you they hit 100% of their targets. Remember that 1moa at 100 yards is going to make about a 5 inch circle at 500 yards, and your target is usually only around 3" wide! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not to mention that the drop difference between 400 yards, and 450 yards, is more than enough with most rifles to make a miss even if one was on anothers shoulders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Heck tuneing in is half the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well, my buddy and I are planning on coming. Hopefully things work out. Probably just camp out. Be fun to meet you guys and check out each others guns and BS about yote hunting.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I've chatting with a few of you via email.

I'd love to come on the PD shoot, i've got family in Kemmerer that told em a few places where we might find them. How many are going? Would 2 more of us make too many shooters?

The weather report is a little daunting, accuweather.com is saying that there is going to be 35-45 mph!

You all still planning on going?

Corey

Ken, very good advice on the ammo thing. Dogcatcher, yoteeee knows well of that which he speaks. I tend to be on the conservative side, and shoot largely single shot actions (yeah, not great on p-dogs, but you gotta go with what you got.) with the exception of my 10/22. I'll likley bring no more than 250 to 300 rounds, depending on how many guns I bring and what caliber.

Utah223, Welcome aboard! you and 1 or 2 companions shouldn't be a problem. I imagine we'll have about 40-50% of those expressing intrest in going suddenly find themselves unable to attend before the 31st. Just the way these things go. But if we have a big group, we'll just send people off in different directions. There's plenty of country up there, and lots of ground holding dogs. Ken and I spotted dozens of them as we were driving from Kemmerer to the spot we ended up hunting. Would your connections in Kemmerer be available, should we need to send you and some folks off that way?

Yeah, the forecast for wind isn't very promising. Maybe I'll bring the 30.06. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Everything's a go still at this point. Read my post up above this one for meeting time and location. Let us know.

My bad on the weather report! I thought you guys were going this weekend, the 17th...it's gonna be breeeeezy! I might cruise up there and see if I can find any this weekend and then also tag along on the 31st with you guys.

I could take some guys with me, but my family connection didn't pan out as well as I thought. I was hoping for an invite on private property and a large dog town, but they didn't really find any. Their response was "PDogs are everywhere", they told me to stop by and they'd point us in the right direction. They said most the locals don't bother shooting them.

Looks like everything is go for us so I guess you will have a couple of shooters from Mo. As near as I can tell it will be about a 15 hr drive. We'll plan to be there before noon the 31st. I'm not sure where you will end up but it might be a little closer for us if we could cut off I-80 and head north on 30 through Granger and meet you all up that way somewhere. Take a look at things and let me know. If it would just be better to all meet at Ft. Bridger to save confusion thats ok too.
Wondering when everyone is planning on heading back out for home. We'll probably stick around a few days or try to hit a couple of other spots on the way back. Kind of curious about the headcount but realize there is no way to to really have any idea in advance.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and comparing notes about hunting in other parts of the country. Sure wish we had some pd.s around here. Id trade you some whietails and turkeys for one good town.

REM

Back