Woodbury Hunt Near Coshocton Ohio

Bill,
I'd like to join you this weekend for some scouting and the hunt on the 10th if you don't mind. I'm new to the board here and I've been wanting to me some of you fella's.

Chris,

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Here is a link to some pretty nice aerial photo's of the Woodbury Wildlife Area. You can zoom in and out. I saved a bunch of the images as jpegs and can print them out. This could really speed up the scouting or at least help us plan what areas to check. These images are quite a bit better resolution than Google Earths images. Let me know what you think.

Chris,

Woodbury Wildlife Area

Hey Rudy,
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those calls I ordered. I hope we get a chance to meet so I can pick your brain on some good calling sequences.

Chris,

Welcome to the site buddy. This is the place to be for information about calling. And, you just might meet up with some good guys and have some fun. Safely, I might add. We joke around a lot, but I can honestly say that none of the people I've met here and hunted with have ever done anything with their firarms that was unsafe. Safety is always Job #1.

Just keep an eye on that Kurt fella. He's a little bit on the 'strange' side. Ain't that right Kurt!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll make every effort to have the calls to you in time to break them in before the hunt.

Regards bud.

Rudy

Thanks Rudy, I can't wait to learn some good tricks. I've called coyotes in before when hunting fox but have yet to bag one. I hunt at night a lot and they seem to come in hard charging. Do you prefer a shotgun or rifle when hunting at night. I called a coyote one night and he came in on a hard charge, about ran me over. I had my rifle that night and didn't get a shot off. lol.. The next time I had one about 150 yards out across a field, had a shotgun that time and couldn't get him in close enough. The area I'm hunting that is close to home has a ton of coyotes, use to be full of fox. Not seeing many since the coyotes moved in. It gets a lot of pressure from bird hunters so later in the season they move to private property. I'm hoping since bird season is winding down the coyotes will start coming around again. I hear a couple of different packs every time I go out. Can't wait to bag my first coyote.

Chris,

Welcome, and I have no idea what Rudy is talking about, me strange ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you have calls coming from Rudy, you won't be disapointed
they are great, ( he ca'nt use them worth a darn, but everyone else can make them sing ). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I made 4 stands today, no takers. Tough walking, the ice layer around here is still in tact, wore my butt out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I take my shotgun when calling tight areas, rifle when its more open, and if I'm not sure what I'm getting into I take both, along with several pistols, and some dynamite. ( O.K. maybe I see Rudys point about me now ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, welcome, if you have any questions just holler !

I like your style Kurt. I only use dynamite when fishing. lol.... I might try some calling this evening if it's only drizzling out. If the rain really starts coming I won't bother. Might look for tracks though. Doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate much for the next few days.

Chris,

If want to see strange amble on down to the clubhouse and check out the Kdogs missed air hunt post. Now that is strange.

Kurt

Chris,

I don't let the hour determine the fire arm. I usually just go by the terrain. Where we're going to be hunting I believe either will be cool. If I'm in heavy stuff, I take the Mossberg, turkey choke, and #4 buck. Semi open to full open area, I use the Mini-14. 100 yards is a long shot around those parts, so you don't need the beanfield rifle.

Don't listen to Kurt. He puts his pants on backwards.

Rudy

Quote:
Chris,

If want to see strange amble on down to the clubhouse and check out the Kdogs missed air hunt post. Now that is strange.

Kurt

Oooohhhhhhh yeah, I was so proud of all my friends that day. LOL!!

Hey Wilsonsc You are more then welcome to join us have no problem with it. I was told a long time ago a stranger is a freind you have not met yet.

Hey Glen I like you style Marlin lever action 44 Mag here

Bill

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yoteskeleton.jpg

Glen,

Man, that's a skinny one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Or, you got too much gun there pal. You knocked the meat clean off him!

Rudy

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That's a Woodbury coyote guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif So you better bring your good eye with you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you used One of Rudys calls to get that one , he needs to change his name to " onlythebone ". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You guys are a hoot. I'm looking forward to Saturday. What should I bring with me for the scouting trip? Besides Bino's, Camera, Maps, etc... Are we scouting only or maybe hunting a little too?

Obviously you've never met my alter ego, the bass playin' maniac who goes by the name 'The Tone Coyote'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We will make a few sets and try some calling and see what happens.When I am out scouting my calls and my marlin go with me

Bill

Back