whats a good broadhead that has practice tip accuracy!

Archery shops hate recurves. They are cheaper to shoot. No accessorries, and folks find out you don't need a $20 broadhead to kill a deer. A wood shaft and $5 broadhead that you can sharpen yourself work fine. Don't mean to rant, I've just had some bad experiences with pro shops. They feel the fix to any problem is to spend more money. I have watched buddies go in with a problem like yours and come out with a new bow and a thousand bucks less in their pocket!

Mark you are wrong I practice out to 100 yards frequently. So does almost eveyone I know. No I would not take a shot at an animal that far away but long range practice with a bow really shows you your mistakes. I can usually shoot better than 10 inch groups with my broadheads at 100 yards.(sometimes a lot tighter than that). When I lived back east I thought 20 yards was plenty far enough also. Sense moving out west and learning how to really tune bow/arrows and the type of groups that you can achieve, I have consistantly practiced out to 70 and frequently push it to 100yds. Saying that, I am one of the more conseravtive shooters I know. Never shot an elk or deer over 50yds. The problem I have is many people only practice close shots then will push their range on an animal. I do it just the opposite. Push my practice range and be conservative when I hunt.

drscott

Originally Posted By: Mark2Shooting a bow out to 100 yds are you serious. I hope that was typo error, because no one practices a bow at that range.

Yea I use to practice at 75 quite abit. Sure makes those 25 and under easier.

I shoot my bow out to 140 yards and work at an archery shop and one of the guys has a slider sight that goes to 180 which he can get suprisingly good groupings out that far I wouldnt shoot an animal past 100 other than the occasional jack and I have really good luck with RAGE 2 blade for expandables and shuttle T-lock for my fixed blades!

What arrow are you shooting and with what draw weight and arrow length (not draw length) measure youre arrow from the nock saddle. Although my first guess is your rest isnt set up properly and your centershot is off. What kind of bow are you shooting? Your cam timing may also be off but that usually effects vertical movement more than horizontal while tiller angle and rest centershot do more horizontal alignment.

Last edited:
Thunderheads alway flew good you me....that is the only head that I shot that was up with my field points,The talk is that Rage shoots the same...

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: Mark2Shooting a bow out to 100 yds are you serious. I hope that was typo error, because no one practices a bow at that range.

Yea I use to practice at 75 quite abit. Sure makes those 25 and under easier.

couldn't agree more. Here i don't have many shots over 40 yards, but i shoot at 50+ often. It makes close shots so much easier

Originally Posted By: Mark2Shooting a bow out to 100 yds are you serious. I hope that was typo error, because no one practices a bow at that range.
Actually I shoot regularly at 100yd. If there is a morning here with no wind I'll shoot at 100. I have a custom tru glo 9pin sight 20-100yd. It's becoming more popular to shoot really long ranges. If you shoot at 100 it makes a 60yd shot seam like a chip shot.

The Ramcats were extremly accurate out of my bow (it's properly tuned so almost any head ive shot flew good)

The thing I didnt like about the Ramcats was the tips of the blades started to bend after only afew shots into my target.

One more vote for Slick Tricks.Try them and you will not be sorry.one thing that all broadheads do is exagerate any tuning or form problems.If in tune Tricks will fly with feildtips.Just dont shoot groups,it will get expensive buying arrows.

I was shooting my Slick Trick Mags and Razortricks at 50 yards the other day at the range and they were flying dead on. Ive got some Steelforce Phatheads on the way to try out also ill let yall know how they fly.

Back