What do you shoot?

I have shot a PSE for the last 6-7 years. Just purchased a Mathews DXT 60/70 Friday. Should be ready sometime this week. It was just time to upgrade. Could have got it on line a little cheaper but, purchased from CK Outfitters here locally. Good people and have provided great service for years. I try to purchases from them when possible.

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawgOriginally Posted By: Smokin250Pretty sure i wasn't the first one ragging...

You obviously went to government school.

"Ill guess ill be the first to post a good bow...PSE and ONLY PSE!!"

Your lame statement implies that anyone who doesn't have enough sense to buy a PSE must be shooting a piece of crap. If you like a PSE and shoot it well, fine. You know what they say about opinions and a-holes. Does yours HAVE to be bigger?

Say whatever makes you sleep better at night cupccake, your opinion means nothing to me. I have zero care or desire to argue with someone over the internet...cool kids do that. I made a small joke and posted what bow i had, you had to take the next step aand push it further...thats your decision...so live with it. Call me names and any other garbage that you must, but i am done speaking with you...

Lets get it straight guys...it doesn't matter what bow you shoot today...the worst bow on the market today is better then the best bow on the market 5-10 years ago...they all will kill a deer...thats the bottom line. From there its up to personal preference....No one NEEDS to shoot 360+fps...

"Never had a problem with either of mine, or my brothers, and all my friends have never had a problem either....hm...and fastest bows on market...hm...."

"No one NEEDS to shoot 360+fps... "

Well, which is it?

Both of you need to take a cold shower! Don't make me throw a bucket of icewater on you.

Either keep it respectful and informational or don't post it here.

It's OK to like different equipment and have differing opinions, that is why we started this forum. There are lots and lots of great bows out there so don't think any manufacturer or bow is perfect or the ultimate bow.

Nikonut

I shoot a HOYT, Hoyt stabilizerwith easton arrows ( StEpics 400 ) And G5 Montec's. The are very cool, they have a perfect 30Deg. edge for slicing and a Trophy ridge drop rest.

I shoot an older Mathews Ultra 2... It has a 29'' draw (a little too long for me, i need a 27'') But it does a good job at taking deer down if i do my part! For the last 2 years, i have had a "Draw-Loc" on it, due to shoulder surgery (at 23 years old), but now its back to its old self again! If anyone needs a "draw loc" lemme know... i would possibly consider selling it! If you really love bow hunting and cant due to a shoulder injury, it gets you back in the game!

Andrew

Whats a draw loc exactly?? My shoulder has been bothering me lately and i am scared to death that i am not going to be able to shoot competitions or bow hunt anymore. I am good now, but i am still worried that something might happen some day.

Its a brace that holds your bow at full draw for you if I remember correctly. I have not seen one in years and really did not know they still sold them.

Also, they aren't legal for hunting in some states.

They would be good to use for practise if you have a shoulder disability or injury.

Nikonut

They are still sold... and in most states, if you get a Doctors note and take it to the game department, they will allow you to use it, kinda like if you are disabled and use a crossbow in states where they are only allowed for disabled people. Mine has the foot stirrup and everything to go with it. If i sell it, i would hope to get $60 shipped... your bow needs a 30" draw or less! This unit has been used but works great!

Been shooting a Parker Extreme Hunter Mag 70#lbs, toxonics 5 pin sight for about the past 3 years been a good bow, not the fastest but for my first bow I think I will hold on to it for a few more years.

Ah a SCOTT release. I forgot to mention that too...i love my scott release!! I shoot a little goose. I didn't mention any other accessories, i have a viper site with .019 pins, and my trusty ole wisker biscuit.

Mathews DXT 27"/60#
Spot Hogg 3 pin Hunter Hogg-It
QAD Pro Series rest
Stealth 6" stab w/weight kit
3555 Gold Tip Pro Hunter
Carter 2 Shot release
Slick Trick 100 gr.

buckmasters BTR (walmart bow) slit limbs
single cam
20 yards gps 1.5 inchs

shooting total weight carbon arrows 511 grains at 30 inches draw
250 fps at 50 lb draw 304 fps at 70 lb draw