What do you shoot?

+1 for PSE. I shoot a Carerra with Copper John Dead Nuts Pro sight, a Bodoodle rest, PSE Carbon Force arrows with 85 grain NAP shockwave broadheads. It's one deadly combination and very fast , has put countless deer in the freezer. But for me during bow season if its a deer it gets shot you can't eat horns!

I like my old Damon Howatt Cavalier static recurve at 50#. Otherwise I shoot a pair of longbows that I built. Glass and wood lam though, not like the art work in the post above mine!

Arrows are hand made cedar or Doug Fir with burned feathers and Ace 145 or Ribtek 190 heads.

Shot a Howatt Monterey for a long time but one of the kids squeezed a limb tip in the car door and it eventually split. Probably going to build a form duplicating that bow since there don't seem to be any around.

Quote:

But first I got to figure out what I'm suppose to use as an arrow rest on this bow? Right now it's just the way it came, bare laminate. Grizz

Trying to picture what you are describing and can't see it any pics or further discription?

Two hoyt ultra tec one for hunting and shooting the unlimited class at 3-d's and the other one is set up for shooting the open class at 3-d's and indoors. An old hoyt proforce fastflight that I bowfish with. But I have owned and shot martin,pse,bear,jennings, and onieda at one time or another.

Bear instinct

DSCF0975.jpg

HOYT Vectrix 50-60 maxed @ 62#
Schaffer drop-away
Extreme RT900 sight
TRU-BALL release/loop
Carbon Express Maxima hunter @26 1/2"
Muzzy 90's 4 blade

for large game like deer i shoot a
High Country 55lb 1 cam bow , it was known as "THE BOW" when it was introduced to the market .I shoot acc or 2413 at 29'' with a 32'' drawl
small game and predators I shoot a take down Jim Brackenbury recurve that pulls 68'lb with 31'' 2419 or wood arrows

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Ill guess ill be the first to post a good bow...PSE and ONLY PSE!!

Can you settle an argument between my brother and me? I say PSE stands for "Parts Slung Everywhere" and he says it means "Pretty Sorry Equipment" which is it?

PSE Pro-Shop LightSpeed
Copper John Dead Nuts II Hunter Plus
Limbsaver S-Coil
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
PSE Carbonforce 200's
Muzzy MX-3
Tru-Fire
0361.jpg

shown without the copper john sight

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: redeyeddawgOriginally Posted By: Smokin250Ill guess ill be the first to post a good bow...PSE and ONLY PSE!!

Can you settle an argument between my brother and me? I say PSE stands for "Parts Slung Everywhere" and he says it means "Pretty Sorry Equipment" which is it?

Never had a problem with either of mine, or my brothers, and all my friends have never had a problem either....hm...and fastest bows on market...hm....

Catch us if you can...hahaha gets me every time....We caught you a long time ago...waiting for you to catch back up.

Here is what I have bean shooting for a while now.
Its not the speediest bow. But it works good enough for me.
It a Native american archery, Red man.

thscan00372.jpg

I shoot a Bear Whitetail Hunter.Kinda old school I know.
grin.gif

I've only used it for bowfishin though.I dont think I'm good enough to kill a deer or anything like that with a bow.

Originally Posted By: Smokin250

Catch us if you can...hahaha gets me every time....We caught you a long time ago...waiting for you to catch back up.

Check the sales figures and tournament wins and you'll change your tune. Instead of ragging on other people's equipment why not shoot what you like and stay quiet?

I shoot a Martin Moab Pro-Hunter for deer hunting,

I also have an older PSE Solaris that I now have setup for bowfishing.

Works for me.
grin.gif

kevlars

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Pretty sure i wasn't the first one ragging...

You obviously went to government school.

"Ill guess ill be the first to post a good bow...PSE and ONLY PSE!!"

Your lame statement implies that anyone who doesn't have enough sense to buy a PSE must be shooting a piece of crap. If you like a PSE and shoot it well, fine. You know what they say about opinions and a-holes. Does yours HAVE to be bigger?

Back