What do you do to feed the wife and kids?

Hotdog, you and Boone ought to get together to help him lube up those 16,000 head of pork he "does" everyday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry I couldn't help it, I just think that way, ask my wife!

I retired from a Natural Gas Pipeline company in 2002 and went back to work for the state as a Safety manager. Basically I just walk slow, act dumb, and look stupid. That has worked well for me for many years.

I'm a fire testing technician at a major fire testing labratory here in South Texas making sure all you people don't burn up. We burn everything. I used to like my work but we got bought out by a company who cares more about numbers and paper-work than their employees and Trashcan wants out. I do welding and lawn-maintenance on the side and it is much more satisfying. If I could figure out the insurance thing I'd be gone. My wife owns her own advertising business in San Antonio. She is the main mouth feeder for me and the kiddos. She's a rock and keeps Trashcan in line. Good women are hard to come by. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I am a retired Pennsylvanie State Trooper of 30 yrs.
Did some PI work since I retired but not too much anymore. Try to hunt and ride my Harley as much as possible.

I used to do this:
work.jpg

Oiler at a coal mine. Loved it. but unfortunatly like Trashcan, new owners ran it in the ground. Shutdown. I have to agree with Trashcan. My wife is a rock also. She may not work now, but she does a heck of a job being a mom. I could never replace her.

I was a lineman for the power company for years but got a degree and evnetually became a field/lines design engineer. In spite of the field part, it is mostly behind a 'puter in a cube with no windows so I asked to back to being a lineman. I go back to climbing poles in about a month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I have owned my own Environmental Consulting business for the last 6 years, and am right in the middle of selling it/becoming a Regional Manager for a larger firm. Mostly, we do land-based oil spill cleanups. I also own a small equipment rental business (just one mini-excavator and 1 skid-steer) which I hope to grow on the side. Gotta have a backup plan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I hope things don't go the way that trashcan and rbboyd have described, but that's not uncommon. We'll see... as long as I can hunt lots, nobody gets hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's just me and my wonderful wife at home...so far...

I'm a hunting and fishing guide. I think I live in one of few places left on earth where my lifestyle is realisticly feasable. I start my season working for a lodge doing bear-baiting during May and June. Then it's Atlantic salmon during late June and July....temps and water levels permitting. I then spend a few weeks doing odd jobs around the lodge and get a couple weeks off. By then it's the second week of September and fall salmon is starting and goes til mid-October. Then I usually do 2-3 weeks of grouse and woodcock guiding, either with the lodge's setters or client's dogs.

My wife also works for the same lodge doing housekeeping. We do all right financially....we'll never get rich but the lifestyle is wonderful.

Fun to see who's all here... so much of our identity in this country is tied to our work. I like the 4x4 Brandon!

I rebuild salvage vehicles for sale. Mostly theft recovery lately, I don't get into the big jobs anymore. Have a dealer's license, a shop, and a lot. I guess I'm a car dealer, but I won't accept the title due to the reputation it has! I also have a detail shop. I'm just a car guy!

I'M a custom home builder for almost 30 years
i hunt trap and fish every chance i get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

i am a service manager for the tire and lube center for wal-mart. it pays the bills but the wife makes the real money. oh well i get 3 days off a week so i have plenty of time to spend with the kids and 1 day to hunt!!

Had 15 years in antique furniture restoration and making furniture til I had a back injury. Now the wife keeps us going. When I can I do some nature/wildlife photography and a little hunting.

Back