what are you shooting

I just picked up a Sako Quad .22lr. Was sighting it in yesterday. I'll be using it this fall to thin the squirrels out on the farm.

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

Shoots decent...
Federal Splitfire @ 50 yds. 3 shot group.
DSC_0550.jpg

Wolf target match, 3 shots @ 25yds.
DSC_0555.jpg

heres my newest small game buter
its a PCP air rifle in .22 cal
itsa Tuned BAM51
shoots nice 50 yards 10 shots can cover it with a dime
DSCF2381.jpg

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

Been taking out rock squirrels and ground squirrels with this one lately. Smith&Wesson AR22 with a Burris AR 332 scope on it. Actually really impressed with its accuracy.

IMG00354.jpg

IMG00355.jpg

i have my remington model 504 for sit in the middle of the field and shoot them then i have my ruger 10/22 for when they wont hold still then i just blast um

That Sako is a nice looking squirrel getter. You will have some fun with that for sure.

Yea, leave it to Crowpopper to get us all foaming at the mouth. Man, I'd love to have a nice air rifle. I keep saying one of these days I'll take the plunge and get one.

Here is my main squirrel rifle, a Remington 541-S.

541-S.jpg

Pony,

That sure is a neat looking stock on your Marlin. Was it a drop-in or did you have to some work on it?

i like that sako... superseal what kind of scope is that? ......it depends on my mood on what i shoot them with.. i used to hunt with all the time but now some times its with a herny lever action .22 . but mainly with my sav. .22 mag

Sweet looking guns guys! These are my rimfire toys

Marlin 882 .22WMR. Old Bushnell Banner II 1.5x4 with Weaver over & under mounts.
Marlin882-2.jpg

Ruger New Model Single Six .22 caliber. .22LR & .22WMR cylinders.
Ruger.jpg

i shoot a pre warning dsp 10/22 mostly, but i was letting the kids shoot the other day, and got out my Grandpas old stevens favorite for them to use. this gun has had untold thousands of rounds through it, and killed more game than i will probably see in my lifetime. the forestock is cracked, the lever flops down if you dont hold it, all but one tiny ragged little corner of the extractor is wore off, there is no sign of finish left on anything anywhere. still has the "sling loops" made of twisted baling wire he put on it to carry it on the trapline and while coon hunting. Anyway, my 8yo daughter's first shot was 3/4" off bullseye at 25 yards, (open sights off a makeshift bench,) i didnt think too much about it until the next 2 were within an inch of the first one ! after she shot i tried it and put 3 shot groups of rem.22 shorts under a quarter ! i was flabbergasted ! now i see why that was the one gun out of many that he used. i realize 3 in an inch at 25 yds with a rest is not amazing, but knowing the history and condition of this gun, i was majorly impressed, with it and my daughter.
grin.gif

Quote:pony,

That sure is a neat looking stock on your Marlin.

No kidding. That's the nicest looking Marlin I've ever seen.

Well done.
thumbup.gif

Back