Very unhappy with new Foxpro Scorpion.

Since posting this a week ago, I still have not received my battery charger. I figured a reputable company would have next day'd my charger (since they knew they had a problem with their battery chargers). I've gone through 32 AA batteries since I don't have a charger, I think I'll return the unit if only to let them know that customer service and quality control should come first with any business.

Others may have had great experiences with Foxpro but mine has been nothing but a headache, I'll advise others to stear clear of giving them business, I will buy another electonic caller.... but not from Foxpro!

Quote:
Since posting this a week ago, I still have not received my battery charger. I figured a reputable company would have next day'd my charger (since they knew they had a problem with their battery chargers). I've gone through 32 AA batteries since I don't have a charger, I think I'll return the unit if only to let them know that customer service and quality control should come first with any business.

Others may have had great experiences with Foxpro but mine has been nothing but a headache, I'll advise others to stear clear of giving them business, I will buy another electonic caller.... but not from Foxpro!

Have you actually contacted the company at their place of business or do you just expect them to know exactly who you are and where you live from a post made by azcoyotehunter and expect them to just mail out goods to an address that they just picked from one of who knows how mant units that have been shipped to AZ in the past few weeks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

maybe it's just me put does CHRISTMAS RUSH mean ANYTHING!!!!

I am not sure about Christmas Eve, but most buisnesses were closed most or all day on the 24th... if they were closed... that means that they have been closed for four of your seven day week since you said you called them, couple that with the amount of mail being shipped... and your own words saying "should be here next week" ...... sounds to me like you are not only impatient but expect the season to stop and the mail man to make sure that your package is on top of the list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Good luck with your unit.. but for me, owning a good piece of equipment, and that I had to shell out $15.00 for a 32 pack of Batteries wouldnt sway my choice while waiting for a Charger.But thats just me..

Quote:
Quote:

Have you actually contacted the company at their place of business or do you just expect them to know exactly who you are and where you live from a post made by azcoyotehunter and expect them to just mail out goods to an address that they just picked from one of who knows how mant units that have been shipped to AZ in the past few weeks? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Per my above post (on 12/19) Quote:
Just called Foxpro, they are shipping out a new charger. Should be here next week.

Lets hope this one fits!

I said I just called them.....I contacted them on the phone, explained the situation and provided them with an address top ship the new charger to. Still haven't received it though.

Regardless Christmas rush or not, you spend $500+ on a unit, you expect it to be right the FIRST TIME!!

and you think that this only happens with foxpro? all companies have their happy and unhappy customers... some would call a few times to get the charger and get it right, others will cry about it... if i needed that charger I would call every day or two.. or actually 3 since thats about all they have been open since you called. why haven't you called to see if it has shipped yet?

Quote:
others will cry about it...

Who's crying??? I'm stating the facts, Foxpro shipped me a unit knowing they had a problem with their chargers, they said they would ship a new one, it's been a week.

Have I called them to check to see if they followed through with what they said they would do... 'NO'

Guess I've been too busy shooting predators. You should try it sometime, haven't seen too many pics of you and any dead dogs or cats....

While I certainly understand product loyalty, and have a FP myself, I think azcoyotehunter has a valid complaint. In any case, I can sure understand his frustration. Now you'd better believe that had I dumped $700 + into a new fx5 and everything weren't absolutely perfect, I'd be royally pi$$ed.
Now I'm not knocking fox pro one bit, I'm quite sure they'll take care of the problem. The issue that I see, is that everytime someone mentions anything the least bit negative about FP, is that they get jumped on by a team of loyal fox pro followers, to the point that anyone who might have an opinion that's less than stellar, would be intimidated into not posting.Hardly making for an unbiassed review of any product or company.
Now had azcoyote just blasted the company, without taking any steps to contact them and give them the opportunity to make it better, that would be different. Could he have possibly had unrealistic expectations for shipping during Christmas week, sure he could have.That doesn't change the fact that his complaint was legitimate, and every bit as valid as all of the praise, and well deserved, that the company receives imho.

Sorry if my post came off wrong, and for not reading all the past posts.
Yes, I do believe he has a lagitimate complaint. I also believe i would contact the company to find out what the hold up was. If tey told me to jump in the lake or that I was just SOL, then I would come here and and gripe.
Yes, foxpro may have known there was a problem with some of the chargers that were shipped. But there is no way in knowing exactly how many or to whom the bad chargers were sent until that person contacts them.
Now, the case may be holiday delays in shipping with the mail carrier or the mail carrier may have lost the package.
Until foxpro is contacted again, they would not know that .

There is always the chance that someone dropped the ball. Atleast give them the courtesy to correct it.
I hope that I am given more than one chance to make things right in this life before someone writes me off.

Quote:
Guess I've been too busy shooting predators. You should try it sometime, haven't seen too many pics of you and any dead dogs or cats....

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...ue#Post52700665

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...ue#Post52693183

I agree that it was a valid complaint... I also would have been upset... my only point is that there was no follow up call to see if it had shipped, and that in the "week" that we are looking at Foxpro was closed a min. of 3 to possibly 4 of those days... AZ ... it is nothing personal... I just would not sit and wait for the charger.... I would be bugging them every chance I had.. wanting to atleast know if it has shipped. it is a terrible time of year for any and all shipping to start with... and the "cry" thing was just an in general comment due to the fact that as of late there have been SEVERAL posts where guys put a complaint here and wait for something to be done instead of calling the company...If there is one thing they guys here agree on is that they will make it right...and the way it sounded from your earlier comment that neither of you know when it would arrive. The boys at Foxpro stop by here when they can... but this is not a direct link and it seems many wait here for a reply from Mike or Steve.....

Hey I agree with both of you guys 100%. I didn't mean to imply any negativity on my part toward FP at all. I've never had a problem with mine, and think it's a valuable tool in any callers arsenal.
I wasn't even pointing any fingers in this thread, or even neccesarily speaking about this thread in general terms. It just got me to thinking more along the lines of "unbiassed information" that new guys may find helpful is all. As far as fox pro goes, I personally think their reputation, for quality as well as service, speaks for itself. It may just be me, but my way of thinking, is that if I read nothing but shining reports about (anything at all) on a net forum, and every time something is mentioned that might not be 100% positive it gets jumped on, then I'm probably going to wonder about the validity of the info, is all.
Now dang it, I just found out that I have to start carrying a digital camera with me every time I hunt, in order to prove that I sometimes shoot things. Guess in 30 years of catch & release flyfishing thought I'd got over the need to prove anything.Maybe I could just scan some old fur checks and post them,lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

azcoyotehunter,

I can assure you that customer service is something that we pride ourselves on. I truly apologize for the problem that you have had with your charger. I will check in first thing in the morning. It is possible that it already shipped, and UPS lost the package. With all of the part time help that UPS has over the holidays, they lose more packages than any other time of the year. If you can email me your name to mike@gofoxpro.com, I will check into it first thing in the morning.

Come on Mike Dillon, we also deliver more than all the other ones combined. I always get a tracking number when something is shipped my way. That way if there is a hiccup in the system you can get on it rightaway. Just my .02. Good luck with your charger. I hope to be getting a FX5 as soon as I have my money saved up.

gonzaga

I don't have a foxpro but they sure sound like a company that stands behing their product and as soon as I get the money i'm gonna buy me a caller from then and if I have a problem I ain't gonna wine about it. I was taught to fix my problems!

Well I can agree with azcoyotehunter, on the service part. I have been waiting since Nov22 and still no call. I know it is the Christmas season now and it is busy. That is the excuse FoxPro gave me when I called them on the Dec 20.If, I wouldn't have called them who knows where the status of the call would be. I did go through a Dealer, here in Canada and I asked him a number of times to get the status of the call,which he obviously failed to do.I thought by him not contacting me eveything was OK. Then he (The Dealer),gave me an excuse about bad battery chargers. This came after I had called FoxPro,on the 20th. And yet I see other people getting calls long before me, after ordering their call later than me. To say the least, I can not honestly recommend the Dealer, or FoxPro in good conscience. I have had businesses before and I have to tell you if I gave that kind of service, I would be out of business! Hope you get your charger azcoyotehunter .

yote1956

Kscountryboy,

How are you going to fix the problem of no call, or a part
not working. If you spend $600 plus dollars on an item the company should do the fixing!! My opinion

yote1956

yote1956,

I just checked on your order, and it shipped on the 21st of December. It does take longer to get items to Canada, especially this time of the year. I apologize for your wait. As usual, this time of the year, we experience a very high volume of orders, and do everything we can to ensure a timely delivery.

azcoyotehunter,

I found what happened to your order. It was misplaced, and was not in the proper place to ship. I am overnighting it to you today. I will not make any excuses for the problem. More importantly, I will take the necessary steps to try and solve the problem. At this time of the year, it is very hard to gear up quickly for the volume of orders that we receive. This is an internal issue that can quickly become an external one. All I can do is promise you all that we will make it right. I apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused you.

yote1956,

After looking into it more, I need to know which dealer you ordered it from. I originally assumed it was one dealer, but I think it may be another Canadian dealer. There is an issue with one of our Canadian dealers that we are not shipping too. If you email me the name of the dealer, I will let you know. My email is mike@gofoxpro.com.

Last edited:
yote what i was meaning is that I'd call foxpro and see if they'll help! and yote I see what you mean about spending the $ and having that company fix the problem but isn't the caller still under warranty?

Back