To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Not a lawyer but as I understand it, we'd have to shut it down & start from scratch to do that. New name & everything. Becoming a 501(c4) was a one way trip.

Not a lawyer either. But even a 501(C) ought to be able to sell off assets. Or, fine, light it on fire and shoot into the flames. Shutting down a 501 is probably a lot easier than starting one? Next minute, start a new website with the same url and all the old content migrated into it.

All just what might, maybe, who knows, wouldn't it be nice though. Until current ownership speaks up - or is even identified and located, LOL - ain't nothing happening.

If it truly can't be extricated from the current legal/financial structure, I don't likely want to be in on the move.

- DAA

Never been in on dissolution of a 501c, but was an officer during re-instating one (a gun club which had lost it's tax exemption due to failure to file required reports). We were successful in application and there was no transfer of assets involved. Also participated in startup of another unrelated 501c but both were many years ago. Both were 501c3's and as I recall, application for 501c status requires statement of what disposal of any assets will be should the corp. be dissolved. I don't recall anything which would indicate any real problems in dissolution, but I'm pretty sure that has to do with Uncle Sam wanting his cut on any such (previously tax free) proceeds remaining.
Regards,
hm

Not much input from admins or mods any more. Hope it can survive some how. Like AWS I’m getting long in the tooth and after 55 years here in New Mexico I’m fed up and going to move to South Dakota. Best of luck and I’ve have really enjoyed being affiliated with PM.

" We have ALWAYS Done It This Way "
" No Reason To Change Something That Isn't Broke"
" There's No Reason To Use All This New Technology"

...If the powers to be do not get with the times here at Predator Masters and allow some very minor changes...it's on them for the failure...not us. Very few forums last over 5 years...and have the traffic that PM does.
...I've listed/watched many podcasts, vids that refer to PM....and of those, only 2 seem to be consistent contributors here....maybe there are more that are in the shadow of their forum name.

So post it... back scratching this site helps keep it going.

I try to watch EVERY coyote vid someone posts here and look at every pic. I may not log in every day...but I'm here. I try to absorb info and give info...I may critique or get critiqued on how or why I do what I do when it come to coyotes. I come here to learn, or make suggestions and for entertainment and because I make coyote hunting my priority next to my family( #1)...and work (usually #2 but I'm at the age where my retirement is very close God willing)...so I've gone into work numerous times late from hunting all night.

Which brings me to my...and many,many others complaint of ease of posting pics. This site , for it's success, needs to change it's freaking PIA process of posting pictures- having to get a picture hosting site to download ALL your pictures to...just to post a picture here.
Throw in the drag and drop picture option...and done.

I've been here since 2007...and have always "verbally" referred this site for it's wealth of knowledge in guns, reloading and predator hunting in another hunting forum that I regular.

Replacing the site software is NOT a minor thing, not if we want to keep the content. We've tried it before.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishReplacing the site software is NOT a minor thing, not if we want to keep the content. We've tried it before.

Great, let's ditch it and upgrade so its user friendly. I understand and agree that there's great info here but if hanging onto it causes this sites demise cut it loose.

As I said before, times and tactics change and there's lots of guys still here killing and sharing info.

Stu

I know your hands are tied to a point...but good Lord this site is not media user friendly unless you have a utoob "channel"...and thats what?....6-8 members?....heck...Me and my hunting partner have called in and killed over 100 coyotes a season here in PA...have some absolutely great stories, and pics that I would love to share here to a point but won't...PIA pic posting format.

"We've tried it before"

....and if I remember correctly....nothing was really done. The "owners" didn't want to make changes.....said it was "good enough"

So here is PM again...creeping on 2023...stuck with forum media technology from the late 90's
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
...but at the same time have many members that refuse to go the mostly toxic fakebook, instascam and twatter route.

...other sites shut down for 1-4 days....get with todays technology..able to save content..have some minor glitches...resolve the issues and allow the members to easily post media and pictures.

I know this thread may get a bit off topic but it is really full circle..posting..another respected member wants to post= a podcast with legends of the game....people that we all grew up admiring...current or former members of PM..envying them for their opportunity working in a "field" that we could only dream of....they took the chance..worked at it and succeeded....

.... the OP worries about making waves from other PM "sponsors", admins and jealous members....heck...skinny and Kirsch are the only people that regularly post on these forums that are at the next "step"....the diff...one loves coyote hunting and works for a PM "sponsor"...the other loves coyote hunting and doesn't work for a "sponsor". Both bring a wealth of knowledge to PM and will respond to pms and answer any questions within reason. Post great vids in their style of hunting....and don't seem to step on each others toes when responding to posts....

I know there are "rules"...but...Maybe I'm missing something?
Would I get a warning or banned if I mentioned where I purchase my coyote hunting products from and suggest the same to others.. if not purchased from a PM sponsor?

,,,just sort of rambling due to all night rain preventing coyote hunting

Last edited:
If your just recommending equipment you personally use and aren't being paid by or a representative of the company. You shouldn't have any problems. Posters mention where they got good deals all the time. If it seems that you are actually promoting a none sponsor, I suspect you will be asked to stop and what you do after that is where you can get into trouble.

Many times when someone is asked to stop doing something that isn't accepted here, they continue doing it and ignore the suggestion or get abusive. Then things can get sticky.

I spoke with a couple of my guys... I will be contacting Jeff to see if one of my tech fellas can gain access for a day or so as an admin to see what kind of $hit show it will be like to move the data...

IF it can't be done, they can do a facelift but they advised me, it's just that, a facelift, the old structure will still remain and will still be limited.

I'm weighing options going forward.

Originally Posted By: limbhanger10..Me and my hunting partner have called in and killed over 100 coyotes a season here in PA...have some absolutely great stories, and pics that I would love to share here to a point but won't...PIA pic posting format.

"We've tried it before"

....and if I remember correctly....nothing was really done. The "owners" didn't want to make changes.....said it was "good enough"

Photo posting is not just a PM problem. I will not pay photo bucket. I have not been able to use Flickr from my phone.

As for upgrades, you do not remember correctly. In my years as moderator and director, nobody ever said it was good enough. Not sure where you got that from since you were never involved in the discussions. That is how bad information gets started.

Also, no member has been banned for mentioning where they bought something. Only ones that have been is ones that had a business or would push their sponsors business and would not stop after several warnings about becoming a sponsor. Admin does not post that information on the open forum so the only story you get is from the one that wouldn’t follow the rules or warnings.

Is there valuable info in old threads? Sure, if you dig hard enough, and if you know which usernames to pay attention to.

Is that old info worth preserving at the cost of retaining this old, stale, and dying forum format? No.

Show me 5 threads from old timers that are worth preserving at such a cost. I went back and skimmed every post from the first 100 pages out of 1953 pages of threads in the Predator Hunting forum. I didn't see anything remarkable, and I don't know/remember who the real identities are of the usernames anyways. I'm certain there are lots of nuggets of good info that I did not see, and I'm also certain somebody could volunteer to copy/paste those threads for preservation onto a new or updated forum.

52337097483_c3c3d79f4c_c.jpg

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGIs there valuable info in old threads? Sure, if you dig hard enough, and if you know which usernames to pay attention to.

Is that old info worth preserving at the cost of retaining this old, stale, and dying forum format? No.

Show me 5 threads from old timers that are worth preserving at such a cost. I went back and skimmed every post from the first 100 pages out of 1953 pages of threads in the Predator Hunting forum. I didn't see anything remarkable, and I don't know/remember who the real identities are of the usernames anyways. I'm certain there are lots of nuggets of good info that I did not see, and I'm also certain somebody could volunteer to copy/paste those threads for preservation onto a new or updated forum.

52337097483_c3c3d79f4c_c.jpg

FINALLY someone who agrees with me!!! Its like these that are so worried about the old "sacred" post from years ago won't be able to live another day if that information is lost, what a joke!

It should not be a hard decision to make if its in the best interest of the site and helps build the future. Cut it loose and move on...

Originally Posted By: REID2168i got 11 years vested in my thread and anyone thinks it all just should be wiped out i think is a JOKE
Perhaps you are too emotionaly connected to your personal contribution? You could print out your 11 year thread and carry it in your wallet so it doesn't get lost to time. As for preserving it on PM, that would be nice but it doesn't seem possible if the forum is updated and frankly there's not really anything worth preserving in it as far as I see, if we're talking about preserving skill sets and knowledge base etc.

Meanwhile, if it's worthwhile to you, there's nothing stopping you or anyone else from copy/pasting your old thread into the new forum format.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: REID2168i got 11 years vested in my thread and anyone thinks it all just should be wiped out i think is a JOKE
Perhaps you are too emotionaly connected to your personal contribution? You could print out your 11 year thread and carry it in your wallet so it doesn't get lost to time. As for preserving it on PM, that would be nice but it doesn't seem possible if the forum is updated and frankly there's not really anything worth preserving in it as far as I see, if we're talking about preserving skill sets and knowledge base etc.

i doubt it BUT perhaps u must be feeling to familiar with what i said....... hence your need to respond to me without me saying anything to u....u get it and thats the point i wanted to make..... so it worked like i planned and i hope u feel slighted as well cause thats exactly how i meant it to come across

Back