To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Originally Posted By: Kino M
Those names you listed are dudes most people have never even heard of, heck I haven't even heard of half of them and I've been here for a minute or two!

you weren't paying attention back in the good old days of pred masters if that is the case. lol

Most of them had "Internet Handles" much like "skinney" isn't a real name no more than "AWS". Refer to someones real name and few have any idea who your talking about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotso who owns this site or has the rights to it or however that works?

I tried to call Jeff lastnight and left him a VM, it would be a solid idea to get the ball rolling on something before the next two months. Like I said I'm sure there's a lot of guys here willing to help, as well as myself.

I really like the idea of a mobile friendly app, I just checked my personal analytics and roughly 70% of my traffic comes from mobile devices, only 20-30% comes from a PC. Just making mobile friendly would be a big thing.

Quote:so who owns this site or has the rights to it or however that works?

Predatormasters is a registered 501(c)4 with a board of directors. I was one of the original directors when the papers were signed for the 501. I have not had any official connection in a long time now.

Currently Jeff Mock is President, Jason Mosler is Treasurer and Jim Renauld (Regfrog) is chairman.

Someone else needs to take it over or it is going to be gone. Some of us had ideas but nothing happened and some suggestions were not liked. Without sponsors or another means of income it won’t take long.

Originally Posted By: skinney
I tried to call Jeff lastnight and left him a VM, it would be a solid idea to get the ball rolling on something before the next two months.

Good luck with a reply

The history of how the site came to be needs to stay intact. Preferably from original posts and if not, retold by someone who was actually there at the time.

Ehhh... I was there at the time. But it was a long time ago. I'm pretty fuzzy on most of the details. Some that I do remember, of how the site came to be, really doesn't need to be preserved or retold. And it was never posted.

I'm talking about how the original transfer from Posse Country came about. Unsavory. Founders here, taking advantage of a man in a compromised position, and all that. And, but, I think that really set the tone for how this place unfolded. You had some pretty low brow motivating factors involved. So, maybe it does need to be told. But I ain't talking about it. And I bet none of the participants that are still living (and some ain't), want to. Jason's "vision", excepted I suppose.

I had in person, face to face conversations with the new owners, at the time. It was dollar bills and nothing else. And I wanted no part of that vision. And so, never took part in it.

- DAA

I guess I'm talking about Will Craig and that part of it.

I don't know all of the in's and out's apparently .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: skinney
I tried to call Jeff lastnight and left him a VM, it would be a solid idea to get the ball rolling on something before the next two months.

Good luck with a reply

Jeff called me back lastnight, and we spoke for a good 30 min or so, I got a basic rundown of the situation and what potentially has to take place. I have 2 fellas I know, that know more about forums than I do, I will keep trying more people on my list to see if I can't get some pricing and info on updates etc.

I am thinking of a possible patreon page, or donations page IF it looks like it can be done.

I would also recommend and love for some of you fellas to help as much as possible I'll try to do what I can and keep it posted here, unless some of the mods want to start a new thread for this subject?

Originally Posted By: crapshootI guess I'm talking about Will Craig and that part of it.

I agree with that.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: skinney
skinney said:
I would also recommend and love for some of you fellas to help as much as possible...

I don't know why. It's against my better judgement. I have successfully resisted any involvement with this site beyond "plain member" since the very beginning.

But, I'd like to help, if I can?

I almost can't believe I even said that... There was a solid chunk of years, when I wasn't on here, that I'd have pushed the button to make this place die.

I guess, I'm hoping, things can be different, for the better, going forward.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotmaybe we could get lb to buy it and run it. lmao

I thought the goal was to make the place better.
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: skinney
skinney said:
I would also recommend and love for some of you fellas to help as much as possible...

I don't know why. It's against my better judgement. I have successfully resisted any involvement with this site beyond "plain member" since the very beginning.

But, I'd like to help, if I can?

I almost can't believe I even said that... There was a solid chunk of years, when I wasn't on here, that I'd have pushed the button to make this place die.

I guess, I'm hoping, things can be different, for the better, going forward.

- DAA

Absolutely, I'd be humbled... We need to be all on board with this, put our differences aside to make this work. In the end it will be massively beneficial for the longevity of our sport.

Any Mods with some input I think we should structure a thread that directs fellas with more insight, input, and instructions for this topic.

I was not here at the beginning or at the posse. Like I said, when I found the place everyone seemed to know each other and have history. When I was asked to moderate I read a lot of the back stories as much as I could. If I remember correctly the early predator masters forum was owned by by Mike Paul who payed all the server cost and had input from Will’s Widow and son. There were not sponsors then and only a few hundred members.

Over time the internet picked up steam and Will’s relatives lost interest and Mike took less interest. Someone (don’t remember who) saw $$$ and wanted to buy the place and have a magazine and all that and was offering to buy it. The mods and admin at the time wanted to get it free and create a non-profit educational organization. That because the 501(c)4 that is it today. As server prices increased they started taking on sponsors instead of charging a membership fee.

A board of directors filed the paper work for the 501(c)4 and Mike Paul and signed over the name and trade mark to the new PM. I never met Mike Paul but he seemed like a stand up guy to me.

That’s how I remember it in a nutshell, but someone else may remember it better.

I don’t believe any of the original board members are still involved. I will have it see if I can did you the 501 filing papers to see who else was on there.

I found my copy of the by laws for PM INC and the Articles of Incorporation.

Incorporation papers call for 4 or more directors. There were 4 at time of incorporation: Jim Renaud, Leon Rogers, Randy Black and myself. They actually saw 501(c)3. I’m thinking it may have been reclassified later as a 501(c)4 or I may not be dem wrong that part right. My copy does not have signatures or date but think it was around 2009 -2010

Back